“nice place to relax after Casablanca”

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 24 July 2014

hotel is large and caters for package holidays largely for europeans. As such it was very easy and all food and drinks were included. Both were plentiful and good quality. After feeling very restricted (it was Ramadan) in Casablanca in what we could wear and where we could eat and drink, this was a nice change. I probably wouldn't want to stay for more than a week though unless I did more side trips. Did one to Marrakesh that was only partially successful. Drive there through the Atlas Mountains was lovely but there was too much 'free time' in the Square in 42 degree heat and just tourist junk to buy. Guide was quite rude - especially to a woman with a young child who was really suffering from the heat.

wifi was poor - only available in reception area and not very good even there.

Taxi rank is just outside the door and I had fantastic service from a lovely guy called Ahmed in Grand Taxi 401. His English is not good but his French is fluent

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were similar but ocean view rooms with balcony were my preference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hazel K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,776)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in the Riu Tikida Dunas with my boyfreind from the 10th July for 7 nighst. We had previously been in Marrakesh for 3 nights at the Rui Tikka Gardens. We had an amazing holiday.

Hotel was lovely . We have been to 4 different countires now staying at the Riu's and this one was the best so far, even though it is due a refit from November. It would be good see it again after this to see what they have done with the place. We arrived in the early hours and were made welcome from the moment we arrived, they even offered us food @ 3.30am. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned daily, we had a sea view which is always nice . Clean towels every day as well which was a bonus.

Pool area always clean and tidy. The gardens were very well attended too.

Food was very good and and I would doubt that anyone would ever go hungary .We both had lots of healthy stuff like fish and vegetables along with the usual treat of the odd pizza, chips and burgers . For me the lunchtime food was the best choice, the deserts where really good as well, we both ate these most days.

We did go to the Morrocan restaurant on a couple of occasions, this was really nice. The staff came each day to ask if you wanted to eat in here or the Italian so you would never not get in.

We would love to go back and stay in the Riu Tikida Dunas.

Thompson reps brilliant, in the hotel a couple of times a day which makes a nice change.
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Room Tip: Top floor rooms may suffer from a little noise from the roof area, generators etc usually up there t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel exceeded all exectations and ive heard its due for a refit for 2015!
We travelled here in June 2014 as a group of 3 girls.
The room was great spaciuos with good bathroom facilities.
The hotel itself! Wow! the ground were amazing. The pools to die for.
Staff so friendly and attentive. We felt so welcomed by the staff.
Entertainment team work so hard to get you all involved.
Beach was stunning.
All inclusive facilities were great, food was great - always something to choose from, and there was always food available through out the day.
I would defo go back to this hotel again, it was amazing place to see.
Agadir and Morocco has many sites to see all of which are amazing!
You have to go to the Atlas Mountains it really is another world, beautiful culture beautiful cities.
If you choose to do the Marrakech excursion, be warned its a long day and lots and lots of walking we left at 6.45am and got back to the hotel at 11.45pm. I consider myself fit i am 30 and went on this trip with my younger siblings 18 & 21 all of us had swollen angles when got back. Its sooo humid In Marrakech. if you dont want unwanted attention then cover shoulders and legs. Beautiful city and the meals we had were lovely. To walk the sukes and actually see them hand making shoes, bags, lights it was amazing. Snake chamers in the square with real snakes!

There is one down side, which is not really a down side, but i dont recall seeing it mentioned. The mist - there is a mist in the sky all day, dont be fooled it was as low as the trees the 1st day and my sister burnt! as did a few other quests in the hotel.
The mist is usually gone by mid day and the sun comes out but you are not left with clear blue skys its just lifts. This is due to the heat from the dessert and the cold air from Atlantic Ocean. Its still warm and you will still tan very well, but the 1st day it was bad and a bit dishartening, but no ones fault.
As Agaidr is on the coast line you dont feel the heat the same, but be warned you will stil burn!

looking to go back as a family next year, cant wait!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sc0rpio87
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went to Agadir on a one week holiday in May 2013. There were 6 of us in total. We all really loved staying in Riu Tikida Dunas and would definitely revisit! The service was outstanding with everyone there so friendly and helpful.

Rooms were clean and airy and also quite spacious. Bathroom was also clean. The balcony was really nice too.

General amenities and food at the hotel was excellent - there was a lot of choice for vegetarians although we couldn't really eat authentic Moroccan food itself so often went to either the Italian restaurant or the one we ate breakfast in.

The pool facilities and general entertainment was really good and kudos to the animation team who were so friendly and welcoming. We made some good friends with them and were sad to leave! Entertainment in the evening was also good, especially the Africa show.

Access to the beach was really easy and it was good that Riu has its own private spot on the beach with sunbeds available.

All the people we met were super - not only the animators but also the chefs and other staff and really made our holiday a memorable one. Hope to come back again some time soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gooner1803
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in the Riu Tikida Dunas the last week in June 2014. WOW... what an amazing holiday.

Stunning hotel that excelled our expectations. We felt welcomed from the moment we arrived. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned daily, very spacious and clean towels every day. I even slept well every night (which I never seem to do when I am on holiday!)

Food was very good quality and you will NEVER go hungry!! I had lots of healthy fish and vegetables whilst my boyfriend enjoyed the pizza, chips and meat dishes.

I would without doubt recommend this hotel to people.

We loved Agadir and would definitely return and stay in the Riu Tikida Dunas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gayle B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My Girlfriend and I travlled to Agadir on the 10th July for 7 nights. This was our 4th Riu and for me was the best. I am a 37 Old normal guy i would say, who expects various things for a Holiday away. Nice rooms, nice location, nice food, nice/pleasant staff, decent activities/trips. This ticked all the boxes.

Of course there will always be a few little Negatives which I will touch on first. Wi-Fi is poor and only accessible int he main Foyer, so if you wish to spend all your time ont he Tinternet, this will be frustrating for you. This is not the Hotels doing, it is a Network issue, which is being looked at so may well be fine in months to come.

You may have to wait for a few seconds at times, to get served, but that really all it is, never a long time, so for me was not an issue.

The roast's were mostly all gone after 90 minutes, so if you like your joints of Beef/Lamb/Pork etc, get to the restaurant within the hour of it opening.

Right, on to the plus points. Hotel is emmaculate, from the rooms, to the restaurant/snack rooms/bar areas, the staff are super friendly and pleasant, and can never do too much for you. My girlfriend wanted more water int he room, which they provided, a softer pillow which they provided, we had friends who asked for an extra thin matress, which again the sorted out the same day.

Food was good, maybe a tad repetative for some, but I always found something I enjoyed. They did not have the cheese board out every night which i was gutted about becase it was amazing.

Bar/Drinks were fine, enjoyed a few slush puppy vodkas, and the beers were great.

We did the Atlas mountain 4x4 trip which was fantastic, takes you out int he morning and gets you back around 5pm. Well worth it.

Weather was fine, 2 of the 7 days the sun was out in the morning, more often that not it was aroudn 11am whent he sun hits, but when it hits it hits hard. Also dont be put off by the sea mist, you will still tan from it. The beach is a 20 second walk from the hotel, and is superb.

We only spent one evening in the entertainment room but this was real good fun.

A special mention to the two Thomson reps Nita/Abdi who were always there to advise and help any way they could.

All in all, I had a great time, and would go back as soon as I could.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sithlord007
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Have just got back from 2 weeks All Inclusive at the Riu Tikida Dunas.
What a Superb hotel.
The rooms are very spacious and are spotless. Cleaned daily with fresh towels. Free air conditioning and safe key.
The restaurants serve quality and varied food. My two daughters are quite picky with their food but even they managed to find plenty to eat.
All of the staff are friendly and helpful.
The entertainment team are extremely hard working and try to get everyone involved.
The pool staff also work endlessly and are really helpful.
In short, I can't fault the place and they are also having a 5 month refit/upgrade beginning in November. We will be going back

Stayed: July 2014