“Excellent.”

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Agadir

Just came back to England today :-(

I had a fantastic holiday and do love Morocco. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, especially if you just want to relax and stay in the hotel resort, the staff are very welcoming and friendly, the hotel is clean, and it has a nice reception area.
The hotel has tennis courts and pool tables.

The Spa centre does offers 241 deals so look out for them on massages, and i definately recommend having a Hamman.

The fitness centre is small but has the basic 's that you need. The rooms are spacious and very clean, lovely shower and a good hair dryer.

The food is delicious and there is always something to eat. I would not recommend booking the restaurants, as they are a waste of time and the waiter sits you next to complete strangers (better of eating in the main restaurant.)

lots of sunbeds available, the hotel is massive and has a lot of areas where you can relax. And the indoor pool was my favourite and you can relax in there to.

Haggle Haggle Haggle in the shops and the souks. There is a really good bag and purse shop next to the English pub, about a 15 min walk. The Buggy ride and Jet Ski is a must to do as it is fun, and the camel rides and again remember to haggle!

London Plumstead

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank sundun
Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed here for two weeks in September 2010.
Overall a good holiday. Nice hotel. Enjoyed it but would not return for a few years untill maybe its more developed for tourists and more to do.

ROOMS - Spacious and clean.

Food - Average, nothing special. No a la carte. And Moroccan bookable resturant is nothing to write home about.

Weather - Excellent. One or two days we experienced early morning fog, but soon cleared.

Pools - Looked good. Did not go in as spent most days on beach. BUT NO SLIDES :(

Beach - excellent.

SERVICE - we found this to be poor. In bars and resturant. For four star plus - soon to be platunium we had to get own cutlery at brekfast and at dinner we was occasionally topped up ith water. Alcohol is self service by a man pouring it a at table. And we were only offered wine one by the waiter when it appeared the General Manager was on patrol with what appeared to be three other people. (Ovbiously checking on everything.)

ENTERTAINMENT- This seriously lets the hotel down. Threr is NOT much at all to do at night outside the hotel in the evening.
The evening show starts at around 21.30-22.00 and is okay but you struggle to find something untill then. The duo singing while you eat down stairs are awefull.
I like to play beach volleyball but only saw an attempt of it twice. Only manageing to get four people a time.

THERE IS NO DRAUGHT BEER IN AGADIR and it appears the hotel has not had it for a long time. The beer is often warm and not hte same from a can. We was told this was because of Ramadam, but this was not true.

This hotel is not as centrally located as the broucure lets on. The main strip of resturants and bars or coffee bars as were in Morocco is a fourty minute walk away. Its a pleasent walk but you dont want to do it every night.

The English pub is expensive and is bottled beer poured into a glass. We were charged aroung £8.50 for a small bottle of Fosters and an orange juice.

The Souk is worth a visit and is £1.50 in taxi.

We did the Marakech overnight excoursion. Complete waste of our two days.
Atlas 4x4 is excellent value for money and we enjouyed it.
Fantasia is also worth the night out, if just to get out of the hotel. Its a dinner with Moroccon entertainment. Dont be fooled by the picture of the horses on the excursion booking form, you only see them for 5 minutes.

Now, we took a photograph of the promenade and caught the policeman on patrol in it. I thought we was going to get locked up! We was told to delete it. Think its something to do with the religon.
Found people friendly but if they bother you just say no thank-you and walk away.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

We are just back from our two week stay at this hotel and have nothing to complain about regarding the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable and we were always left a good supply of water, the food was good as was the pool area and gardens were immaculate. There were always plenty of sunbeds available, although of course our visit was not during peak time, and the music played around the pool was not at all intrusive as we have experienced with other hotels, a perfect place to chill out. We were glad that the pool area was so pleasant as the beach was dirty (although cleaned by the hotel to the immediate area) and never in a million years would I have ventured into the sea after seeing the large number of enormous jellyfish stranded after the tide went out! There is not a vast choice regarding alcoholic drinks but they were all premium brands and the cocktails very good. We ate once at the themed restaurant which has a lovely ambience but the food was nothing special, another buffet and exactly the same buffet appeared in the main restaurant. As well as this, you are not seated at individual tables, we sat with another English couple and two German couples. What I did like very much about this hotel is that it is hassle free, there is no one coming around the pool asking you to pay for a massage or buy this or that trip, everything the hotel offers is included in your all inclusive package and there was no angling for tips by the staff, we found the staff to be excellent in every area. We did not experience, as other posters mentioned, the feeling of being second class to the mainly French clientele; the bar staff were excellent and served people in order of their arrival at the bar, a couple of times when they were not sure who was there first, they would ask and if we were in front of any French guests they would always indicate this. To be honest I found the French guests a refreshing change from other hotels I have stayed at with different nationalities. Check out time was 11am and we were picked up for our return home at 3pm but Thomas Cook had arranged for our all inclusive to continue until our departure time and there was a room allocated for you to shower and change. So, would I recommend this hotel? absolutely yes, the "but" is, only if you had your heart set on Agadir; would I return to this hotel? again absolutely yes the "but" being only if I could transport it out of Agadir as I would never ever return there.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed here from 5th - 19th September. Just wanted to say that we had same experience as looby-1961 in that my husband brushed his teeth using the tap water for first couple of days and was ill whereas I used the bottled water and was fine. I also made sure I used my elbows rather than my hands to turn the taps off (sounds a bit obsessive but if it means the difference between a dodgy tum and a happy holiday I'll take the obsessive!)
As has been said before the hotel grounds and pool areas are lovely, water may be a bit cold to start with but you soon get used to it. We found sunbeds easily.
The restaurants were very busy but we found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful
without the need for tips.
The only downside we found was Agadir itself which has no real points of interest - we did visit the Souk which was good fun for haggling but beware of 'guides' who greet you as you enter - we managed to shake ours off but they can be quite persistent.
All in all we had good fun but probably would not return mainly because there is not much to do outside the hotel and many of the trips involve a three hour coach/taxi ride.

1  Thank Holqueen
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My wife and i have just returned from this hotel and logged on to read more recent reviews. The review by Looby_1961 pretty much sums up our feelings about this hotel. Rooms were spacious and were kept (as was the rest of the hotel) spotlessly clean. Pool area was great and i agree with the comments about the subeds. No problems at all, any time of day, getting a sunbed.
The food was ok, nothing special but perfectly edible. The themed restaurants are, for me, a waste of the time taken to book them (which actually didnt take that long). it is simply buffet food in a diferently decorated (and smaller) room. These are NOT the a la cartes you find in other Riu hotels.
The thing that really let this hotel down for us was the service. This is the 6th different Riu we have visited (two of them we have visited more than once, and will visit again) and the service is simply not at the same standard as those other hotels, particulalry in the restaurants and bars. The staff in the main restaurant just did not seem interested. it could be quite difficult getting a drink, particularly in the pool bar.
The comments about the late check out are also spot on. In my view (and i realise there are logistics issues) Tui and Riu need to get together and make sure there are adequate facilities for when the pick up and flight times are so long after the 'standard' check out time.
I am quite surprised Tui are making this hotel a 'platinum' next year as to me there a number of issues that need to be resolved.
Unlike Looby_1961 this expereince won't put me off Riu's because i have visited too many others and take the view that this is not typical of the usual Riu standards.
Couple of other points -
- The Thomsons Rep, Paul King was very knowleadgeable and gave one of the best welcome meetings i have seen. it runs for about an hour but he gives a lot of information, clearly loves Morocco and wants everyone to have an enjoyable and safe holiday.
- Altohugh i have made some critical comments i can't understand how anyone could hate the hotel (unless they are a right miserable you know what) and i can understand why some people would love it. For me however, and comparing it with other 4 star hotels in other african countries, it doesnt quite come up to what i was expecting.
- Marrakesh one day trip was long day, but a thoroughly enjoyable experience
- The beach can get very dirty with lots of bottles, and genral man made debris washed up as the tide is coming in. w also saw two enormous jelly fish. That didn't stop a lot of people going in the water but it put me off, and i would think twice about letting a child in the water.

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to a friend, but it is clear from the reviews on here that there are plenty of people who would and so you might like it.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed her for 1 week at beginning of September, hotel and food are excellent. I had read a lot of mixed reviews on trip advisor mostly they seemed to complain about the weather and I must admit it did not shine every day, but when you book a holiday it does not guarantee sunshine! The weather was good and the staff in the hotel were always polite and with a smile! The only thing I hadn't realised was that it was a 30min walk along the promenade into Agadir. A taxi to Agadir cost 20 dirhams (£1.60 approx) and there were a lot of "petit" taxis about. If you go out of hotel and turn right there is a taxi stand. We had a room facing the sea and it was excellent, you have room service every day and bottled water left in your fridge. There is also a free safety deposit box in the room. Having read some of the very negative reviews before I went I was very apprehensive! But the hotel is good and the sun does shine!

1  Thank NISunshine
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We stayed in this hotel in September 2010, and it was booked on the back of a fabulous holiday in another Riu hotel. However there was little to compare this hotel experience with our previous. I think that its best to divide things into the positive and the negative, I will start with the positive.
The swimming pool was a real winner. You never had to fight to get a sunbed, even if you didnt arrive at the pool until mid-day, there was always choice.
The size of the rooms was a real bonus too, very spacious.
Now the negatives.... The room we had was damp, the bedding was damp on the first night and as we had arrived late we just wanted to crash. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, had a bad back all holiday, horrible just horrible. The sunbeds were more comfortable! The Maid service couldnt be faulted, the room was always spotlessly clean however beware, if you forgot to put the ' do not disturb ' sign on your door then you would be. We sadly forgot twice and were disturbed twice as early as 8am! Not content with the maids but there was also the gardeners and the decorators, why it was so urgent to paint our terrace at 8.30am I really dont know, but it was.
The food was all buffet style, however we felt that everything tasted the same, choice was limited and by the end of our week we struggled to find anything we fancied to eat. Lunch was far better than dinner, and that includes the themed restaurants, the Morroccan and the grill restaurants. Breakfast wasnt bad it has to be said there was a tendancy to cater for a sweet tooth.
Do not under any circumstances drink the water. We were told it was okay for brushing your teeth, however I didnt, I used bottled water but my partner did for two days and was ill for the whole holiday with a bad stomach and that was the only difference in our eating and drinking habits.
The animation team did work incredibly hard but struggled to take no for an answer. I like to lie in the sun, I like to read my book, I work hard all year have a stressful job and thats what I like to do! I dont want to play bingo, darts, boules, do water aerobics( I dont do it at home Why on holiday!) or dance on the bridge, so when I say no please accept that. I know people really enjoy that sort of thing, great if that is what makes your holiday but not everyone does.
I did feel on several occasions that some members of the waiting staff were only really interested in those guests that tipped well, some times I was completely ignored to the fact that as soon as the big tipper arrived at the bar, I might as well have dissolved into dust!
Agadir is lovely, I found it fascinating when we went for a couple of walks along the promenade just how east meets west! Beware the sharks, everywhere has them but it is lovely and a stroll in the evening sunshine was great.
When we stayed the weather was a bit strange. We had two and half days that were completely over cast, rained and was cold so dont bank on wall to wall sunshine.I am not a great complainer but some things with this hotel really annoyed me, like the late check out, dont bank on it and you cant even ask about it until the night before so that gives no chance to pre book it and it was quite difficult hanging around all day waiting for the pick as our flight was not until 10.30. There was the chance to have a shower in the fitness centre but this was a bit difficult but neverthe less better than nothing.
Generally I wouldnt race back to Morrocco and sadly this hotel has put me off Riu's which is a shame as the last one was fab.