“Amazing stay”

Hotel Timoulay & Spa Agadir
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Girlfriend and I had an amazing stay at Timoulay. Really chilled out hotel, with great staff. Always free loungers by the pool, and top massages in the spa.

Amidst all the soulless uber resorts of agadir this stands out for its warm welcome and relaxed vibe.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Robert H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are extremely welcoming. The hotel is very clean and modern. It is a bit of a distance to the marina but only two pounds in a taxi. Breakfast varied . The pool always had seats. Spa was so relaxing. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Really enjoyed it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aiveen C
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Myself and my fiance stayed here for 7 nights during the middle of July. Upon arrival to the hotel i was not very pleased with the room in which was first allocated to us ( 2 single beds ), therefore i asked reception if they had an alternative room with a double bed that we could stay in. This was no trouble at all and the staff made every effort to accommodate us throughout the week in order to make our stay here the best it possibly could be, i cannot rate the reception staff highly enough!

The hotel is extremely clean, has great facilities as well as SUPERB spa located in the basement of the hotel. I would definitely recommend the ' instant privilege' package to start your holiday off ( roughly 1000 Dirnhams for x2 people - £75 ) as this prepares your skin for a perfect tan.

There is so much more i can say about this hotel, however i would simply recommend anybody looking for a relaxing hotel this is most definitely the one in Agadir for you.

Room Tip: If your not happy, the reception staff will make every effort to help you ( if there are available r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 31nathanr
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Timoulay is a fantastic hotel and caters for all types of travellers including families. The staff were very pleasant, welcoming, helpful and accommodating to our needs. Our room, a suite was very clean and spacious with 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs and a balcony for a group of 3. There was plenty of storage space and was extremely comfortable and cosy. It was very much a home away from home. The pool area and outdoor terrace are well laid out with plenty of space to relax and never felt crowded.

The breakfast was mouthwatering array of food with so much variety that you would never get bored. We were out most of the time and so didn't get to sample the evening buffet but had one or two meals at the bar which were delicious and fresh.

I would definitely stay again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. The photos on Tripadvisor don't adequately convey just how wonderful this hotel is. It's quiet, reasonably priced and conveniently located a short taxi ride from the beach and nearby mountains.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ams_Afra
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was great. I stayed in a suite with 2 friends for 5 nights. Very clean & spacious with 2 bathrooms which was perfect for 3 girls. The staff were all friendly & very helpful. The breakfast was amazing as was the choice of food for lunch and dinner although we dined out most of the time.
The free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel was also a great bonus.
We were able to change our British pounds at the hotel reception and used our bank cards to settle our hotel bill on the last day.
The hotel is a 7min (15-25 dirhams) taxi ride away from the main strip but it was just what we wanted.
There is a mini supermarket 10mins walk away for drinks and snacks which is reasonably priced. The pics on the website don't do the hotel justice, it's a lot nicer and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Chioma C
north east
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the. Best hotel we have stayed in as a package deal.the rooms were beautiful and the views from every room was great. No need to ask for a pool view they all have them. The pool are was the. Est we have been to with the exception of Buccament Bay.The restuarant was immaculately clean and the food could not be faulted.Staff we very pleasant and attentive.

Room Tip: Do go !!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank smugglenortheast
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in the Timoulay Hotel for 11 nights recently with my partner.

The hotel was a very clean and pleasant. The staff were all friendly and professional. The waiters provided some of the best service I've ever experienced. The food was also great, very fresh and never got repetitive.

I would however like to highlight two negative experiences that occurred during my stay, simply as I'm sure the hotel would like to know and I feel that future visitors might want to know;

- The Bar..... For some reason I was turned away a couple of times as the bar man claimed to stop serving alcohol at 9:30pm, which didn't bother me much, however I was told that other hotels continue to serve much later. Also, every night the bar was full of Moroccan men till around 11pm, which made seating scarce and getting a beer even more difficult. If a guest pays to stay in a hotel then that guest should be able to enjoy the whole of the hotel including the bar. I would have paid the extra £400 to stay in the RIU if I'd have known the bar would be like it was!

- The Spa.....I had a really good massage in the spa but it wasn't faultless, in fact the matters surrounding that massage made it hilarious! The young women with the glasses (manager I think) became quiet assertive and obnoxious when I said I wasn't comfortable wearing nothing but a paper thong for a back massage! She eventually let me wear my swimming shorts but I felt her attitude was very uncalled for. I was even more disappointed when she barely broke a smile at my 100dhm tip! One final point in relation to the spa, my partner (who braved the thong) told me she felt very uncomfortable during the session as she claimed the female masseuse didn't cover her with a towel at all and gave a very intimate massage i.e. toooooo far up the legs and thoroughly rubbing oil into her bare chest! (unfortunately I wasn't in the same room :-D)

All in all though a good hotel for those that want to experience Morocco!

Room Tip: Top floor, all the rooms have great views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple