“It's not all bad..... Really isn't!”

Caribbean Village Agador
Ranked #29 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Back a few days.... We'll after reading the reviews my Son and I, left the UK with trepidation to say the least. However I am pleased to say that we came home with a "yeah it was not brilliant but definitely acceptable and an ok one". Yes it's full of French people but there are some English if you seek em out. The accommodation is, as many have said, tired I'd say but the Maid's came every day and knocked to clean the room. We left her 66 dirham, equivalent to a fiver (13 dirham to the £) The food.... Umm not brilliant really but we had a Panini most days (15 dirham's£1.30) which is not free and the odd Crepe. The guys who serve there are v nice and friendly too. Didn't experience any rudeness at all, none. Beach: The beach is a little walk from the Hotel but the area belonging to each individual Hotel is and roped off, along a very very long beach. Not too shabby and they have soft drinks served there too. They serve the soft drinks incidentally, in plastic white flimsy cups. However, around the pool and main lounge you can ask for a large drink and you'll get one. The two pools there are ok too. We stayed around the smaller quieter one... Get an umbrella though coz it gets damn hot and you'll be glad of one. There not that many really but it still got people there. There is a hotel nearby that plays music til the very wee hours and it goes on round the pool bar til quite late too. So I was glad really, that I didn't get a pool view!
Trips: We did the buggy trip (through Thomson) and it was fun also the Agadir one which is ok'ish. There are things to do at the hotel too, tennis, crazy golf, there's a spa room too. From the Airport: the areas you drive through en route to the hotel are quite poor.... On this vain, I will say that you do get approached regularly by people selling their wears... Also by the beach too. Just avoid eye contact I say or just say no, they will go away but can be a little in yr face if you look like yr not sure...

I'd say, a Holiday is what you make it. The room was clean, the people were a friendly as you were to them, the food... Umm not that brill, the weather takes a little time to warm up from am but no worry there. So, overall it's a kinda 6 out of 10 kinda holiday. So, a 4/5* is a must if you are seeking more luxury. Basic amenities but we had no complaints really. So go with an open mind probably is my advice.... And enjoy yrself...

Oh the wifi.... Best by the hotel reception and the pool... Strangely we could get it by the beach too Don't forget to turn off your data roaming, do this at the airport before you leave!

5  Thank Jaxb666

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Honestly I don't know what planet some of you are on. It is absolutely disgraceful that this hotel is rated 3*and used by FC and Thomson. My family and I have just arrived back after 12 days of nothing but a bad dream that unfortunately we could not wake up from. We arrived in the country to an hour wait to get through immigration and have our passports chucked back at us. No hello, welcome to Morocco. Not even a smile. Great first impressions.
We then got to the hotel the bus stopped on the main road and we were told ' your hotel is down there'. So down a dingy back road that the bus can actually fit down to the great Caribbean village. We waited till last to check in as we have 2 young children. We had no help down the stairs with our pushchair and each time throughout our time there they would see us and wslk away. Living in london im used to it but even people here arent that rude. We finally checked in at 10.30pm to have our key and brochure given and told 'read that for info'. So of to our delightful room according to the porter it was one of the best rooms snd had a lovely view.
The room stunk, there was no hot water for a shower, there was holes in all but 1 of the towels and the basin was full of dirty water. We were told by the rep that you could get sandwiches at the bar which was open till 12. So we headed to the bar to find that all thst was on offer was pizza made a few hours earlier heated up. We found the bar staff extremely rude, they serve the people thst eithet speak their language, french or tip. 12am they turned the lights off and removed the alcohol from the bar. No mention of sorry we are now closed for the evening to the dozens of people waiting to be served. The next day we went to breakfast which was croissants more and more croissants, Omlettes and salad. After mentioning my disappointment to the Moroccan rep hereplied ' what do you expect from a 3* hotel'. Well what ever the star of the hotel the people should be courteous and not rude. Apparently he had done a course in food margins and icecream and fresh fruit are too expensive to serve. We actually asked to be put on the next flight back after only 1 day. We got told that we would have yk pay. We asked to move to a different hotel snd psy ghe diffrtence but apparently yhey were all full. For 12 days the food was the same if there was leftovers it was the next days lunch. The drinks are watered down crap not even brand yhat uou can pay for. In the restaurant when we asked if there was any tables we got told you find one, we cleaned our own tables with baby wipes, we had to find our own cutlery. It was the same night after night it was so bad we decided not to eat there any longer. When it came to our last day we were so pleased, something that you should not feel after a proper holiday. Basically the people have no manners, the rep is clueless, they have your money and I would not serve the food to a dog.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank paccamac
Reviewed 24 September 2013

It was the only All Incl. hotel without any charge for 1 person in the double room that time. Reached the hotel in the breakfast time and had to wait for the time of check in (started at midday). Tired after 4,5 hrs nighttime flight, was looking in the labirint for the main restaurant. I was a bit scared once heared that they could accomodate even about 2 thousand people. By 10 am I asked if my room was ready and could get the key earlier. It was possible and I got in the room in Agador area close to the reception with the ocean view (I have not paid extra money for that). Not so lucky ones had the waste dump view, but it was possible to change it. My room was simple, but good enough as for me to stay 1 week. However, I have to mention that the bathroom was really poor (only with a wash-stand partioned by the wall where there was an old shower). All inclusive schedule was as follows: Continetal breakfast: 05.30 – 07.00 am, Breakfast: 07.00 – 10.30 am, Lunch: 12.30-14.30, Dinner: 19.00 – 22.00; Pool Bar– 10.00 – 18.00, Lobby Bar: 10.30 – 22.00. It was also possible to book a dinner in the Moroccan, Italian, Japanese etc. Restaurant. Most of them hard to book, I tried only in the Italian one and it was just OK. The service in the whole hotel was OK. The best ones at the Reception and at the Lobby Bar; very poor in the main restaurant. Most f the waiters there were quite lazy and not so kind. The room was cleaned up every day not so well done (maybe my baksheesh was not good enough :) ). The food was good. There were even many options for the vegetarians. I loved eating there lentil, beans etc. There were fresh fruits available, but not in so huge range. On the diet I would recommend to try all the tarts with fruits or chocolate :))) Sooooo delicious! All the deckchairs by the swimming pools were occupated up early morning. In the hotel there are: Exchange (with even better rates than in the town), Post-box at the Reception, many shops with all the souvenirs (obviously more expensive than at the Souk), Call-boxes ( you can call any country much cheaper than using mobile, e.g. 100 MAD card – about 36 mins to PL). WIFI was avilable and working quite OK. Entertainment, show time etc. were very nice!To reach the beach I had to cross the street and walk for 2 mins straight on. The sand beach was very wide, specially during a low-tide (so magical) and unfortunately not so clean. Also not so many deckchairs available there. The hotel was very good located close to the Royal Palace J You can reach almost every place on foot. The taxi costs 15-20 MAD within Agadir. If you like a big resort with noisy, good amusement in a center location and do not want to spend much money, just book it. But do not expect too much. It is just 3,5 star hotel in Africa. Nice bungalows among gardens with flowers, trees etc. Even the sea gulls could wake you up instead of alarm ;) Good enough as for me and I could be back there with a pleasure.

Room Tip: Agador Area on the left side... Rooms 27xx, 28xx
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank MargosiaPL
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel. I would start by saying that I was dubious about staying here after the bad reviews I had read before departure. I fail to understand where some of the reviews have come from. In particular, the rudeness and unhelpfulness of staff – I did not experience this at all. I found all the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. I will try to be objective as possible; bear in mind you get what you pay for and this is 3* (not 4 as advertised in some places). Overall, an enjoyable relaxing week.
Staff – as above, pleasant, courteous and helpful. I did sometimes tip the staff but this was because I was appreciative of what they had done. This was not regular and we found the service the same whether or not a tip was forthcoming. We did tip the waiting, cleaning and bar staff at the end of our stay.
Rooms – very basic but overall clean. Lack of air conditioning was a disappointment but did not spoil the holiday. You have to pay for the use of the safe £16.00 per week non refundable. Things like a fridge, hairdryer, kettle were available to hire but not as standard. Our room was on the top floor above reception facing the main road which was sometimes noisy early hours when pubs/clubs were emptying out. I believe some rooms may have been refurbished.
Pools – clean, beach towels are 100 dirhams deposit which is returned at the end of the stay. Plenty of activity going on at the main pool – the animation team try to get you involved. It would have been nice if the pool bar had been open but the main bar area was. The main pool was busy but you could usually get a sun bed and the pool man will do his best to get you an umbrella if you want one.
Entertainment – bit cheesy at times but again animation team tried to get everyone involved; plenty of dancing and they will try and get you up to dance.
Food – we tried one theme restaurant the Steak House; it was ok but would not say outstanding. Didn’t bother with the others because they are all set menus. The food in the main restaurant was limited choices; usually one fish and 2 meat plus salad, chips, pasta etc – you could generally find something to eat. I have been to much better but also much worse.
Beach – is about 5 mins walk – lovely promenade and nice evening walk to the harbour where there are plenty of restaurants and a few shops. There are also shops and restaurant on the main road coming out from the front of the hotel.
Grounds – are kept tidy and clean – there are some stall holders and shops selling their wares – bit annoying at times because they constantly try and get you to buy from them.
Out and about – we went to the local souk – well worth a visit – you can get a taxi on the corner just outside the hotel. £20 Dirhams each way.

Room Tip: The rooms above reception facing the front can be noisy.
3  Thank jacquelinej981
Reviewed 22 September 2013

So I read lots of reviews on trip advisor before I stayed at this hotel and I can honestly say my personal experience was better than I`d hoped!
We may have beenlucky with the room but we had a fridge we didn`t have to pay for and air con in the room.
The room was above the reception area to the side so although we over looked a car park it was quiet and easy to get to and to be honest I don`t care what the view is as we were on holiday and barely in the room!
There is plenty to do if you have children around the resort or if you want to be a big kid yourself! I played carzy golf, archery and tennis and went for 2 massages (which I would highly recomend) and had a cookery lesson.
The swimming pools are busy but we always managed to get a lounger although we did prefer the quieter pools- there are plenty!
The food wasn`t amazing but I really liked the moroccan signiture restaurant. I stayed away from rice in the buffet restaurant and I was fine the whole holiday.
We did eat at a local restaurant just outside the hotel which was cheap and very nice too.
There is a camel called chocolate that is at the hotel for guests to ride and have photos with a few times a week.
There are little shops and market stalls in the complex but I would reccomend going to a local market or shops as it would be cheaper.
If your looking for a high class venue or peace and quiet then this is not the resort for you!
We made the most of all the facilitiies and stayed away from the busy pool bars at night and we had a great time!
Staff were on the whole great, helpful and as long as you make an effort to say hello in their language then they were lovely. The exception to this was the reception bar where the older staff could be a bit miserable. but there were another 5 or so bars to choose from so it really didn`t matter.
Room and hotel were very clean.

Room Tip: rooms above reception area main block. our room was 1023. quiet and had fridge and air con.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hidynol
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I honestly do not know where to start with this review, me and my friend booked 11nights here back in Feb from 5th Sept until 16th Sept and the whole holiday was a disaster from start to finish. The food is absolutely disgusting unless your French and like croissants (mountains and mountains of them) and salad for breakfast, we lived on Cornflakes and raisins everyday, they can't even cook an omelette without you being on the toilet all afternoon. The food was that bad I was in bed for 6days and had a DR out because of the food causing Gastroenterititis/Food Poisoning and a week after I am home I am still in bed with it now, violently sick and on the loo every 5 mins and get this it is all inclusive yet you can only get 1 litre of water between 7pm-12pm as apparently 1 litre feeds 3 people it's a disgrace we had to argue for a second litre as I was so un well. The rep was a complete utter jobs worth done nothing but stuck up for the hell hole. We looked to come home after 4 days yet no flights were available. You get harassed in the resort let alone outside resort which was expected but not actually in the hotel. I understand you pay for what you get but we paid £650 each not to live on cornflakes and dry crusty french stick, I wouldn't even feed my dog the food they had. The snack bar is a joke I witnessed them serving chips with their bare hands and the waiters eating chips off our plates when bringing them over. I cannot stress how much of a disappointing time we both had, it was horrendous and the rep was no help at all but what do you expect he was Moroccan. The hotel attracts nothing but French or German's with unattractive beer bellys and budgie smugglers and all they do is stare at you, made us feel very uncomfortable...the entertainment is worse than Butlin's we walked out after 10mins because the miming was almost as bad as Cheryl Cole or shall I say as bad as Cheryl Cole, the whole place is a joke, you would not pay me to go back here. The DR advised I should eat Bananas but there was no fresh fruit other than prunes and raisons, the rep classed this as expensive and fresh :/ absolutely horrendous. I was so unwell that we were unable to attend the Fantasia meal yet we got no refund as I didn't get a DR's note until 24hours after. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO COME HERE EVER!!!! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 20 September 2013

When I read the reviews on here I was so nervous about this holiday. I even tried to change our hotel!

When we arried we checked in and I ask the man for a ground floor room he changed our room no questions asked.

Our first experience of the oasis was excellent! The omelette man was brilliant- he knew what we wanted every morning.

We sat around the relaxation pool and it was lovley- the barman was fab and would bring us coffees over alll day.

The rooms wwere clean and the maid was pleasant and always cleaned while we were out at breakfast. They were basic but was just what you needed to sleep and shower in.

I dont understand were the thing about tipping comes from- we did tip the waiters in the restaurant but that was onky because they really looked after us.

We would not go again but that is because we like seeing the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple