“'you get what you pay for'” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caribbean Village Agador

Caribbean Village Agador
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Manchester, United Kingdom
“'you get what you pay for'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our first impressions of this hotel were ok. Reception area very dated and you had to wait a while to check in due to the staff being hotel. You get taken to your room by a porter who then wants a tip! The hotel grounds are kept very neat and tidy which makes the hotel look pretty. There is a lot of steps to get to your rooms, however this isn't really a big problem as demonstrated in other reviews unless you can't walk. The pool area is often taken over by sea gulls which meant I was only went in the pool once! If you want a bed, you'll have to be up at 6! I couldn't imagine what time you have to be up during peak season. The hotel rooms are very dated and do need refurbishing however, this is only a 3 star hotel. Our room had everything you need for an inclusive break. The TV worked well, although you are restricted to channels. There wasn't enough plugs for 3 women in one room. Our heater was hanging off the wall which we didn't think was acceptable for a first choice hotel. You are given clean towels every day however we often had to ask for more toilet roll! The food in the main dining room was fairly average. It got repetitive after a week, but I am a fussy eater. The pasta I found tasteless and soggy. The sauces were nice to go with but they were the same everyday and I wondered how FRESH they were! Being 20, I found the chefs a bit 'much'. Always flirting and sometimes I just wanted to pick my food without being mithered. The waiting staff in the dining hall were hopeless and need sacking. They were miserable and didn't do their job. We often stood by a table and asked someone to clean it for us but we ended up doing it ourselves which you don't want to be doing on holiday. On a positive note, the fresh salads and soups were very nice and lots of choice for desert. I wouldn't think there would be much for smaller children. I saw a lot of younger children eating bread and chips every night. The entertainment team were fantastic and would do anything to help or make your holiday enjoyable! The shows which they did every night were your average hotel entertainment. However we found the dance show quite good. As we stayed late feb/early march you needed your gloves and scarfs. It got very cold at night!! Overall, this was a pleasant holiday because we were only there a week. You have everything you need there. Nice sized pool and the sun! You basically get what you pay for.. I do think first choice take this hotel out of their broacher.

Room Tip: You want to ask for a room close to the pool. Otherwise you'll be walking miles!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zoe K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family end of February - March 2014. My first impressions were good. The reception are was a bit old fashioned and dark but that's not a big problem to me. You do que for a while to check in but why let that ruin your holiday. The rooms are dated but have everything you need for an all inclusive holiday. However there wasn't enough plugs for a room with 3 women! Beds were slightly hard. The pool area was just a short walk from our block. My auntie was up at 6 every morning to get a bed which ruined her holiday! Seagulls were always in the pool which put me off and I didn't see the pools get cleaned once during our week there. Often found when you wanted a drink there wouldn't be anyone at the bar so you'd have to wait 5/10 minutes. This was annoying considering we were all inclusive! The food I found very relatively okay considering I am a fussy eater. I did get a bit sick of the soggy pasta by the end of the week. Plenty of choice although no cooked breakfast in the morning just cereal with warm milk! I found that the curry was nice and the freshly cooked soups. In the evening I was drinking wine out of plastic cups but I suppose that's just what you get in a three star. The staff in the main dining hall were miserable. They walked past you when you were at stood at a table wanting it to be cleared. The entertainment team were fantastic. They worked so hard to make your holiday fun. Camel rides were available twice a week. The gardens around the hotel are beautiful and kept very neat. It got fairly warm during the day but if you're staying February March time you need your scarf and gloves in the evening! But I can imagine in June July it gets very hot. The Thomson rep was very helpful when we wanted to go on a day trip into Agadir. Waste of money if you ask me. Didn't get back until 7 at night and we were all starving. Overall a good holiday! I think you get what you're paid for. Although maybe a 2 star rather than a 3 star. I wouldn't want to stay here during peak season!

Stayed March 2014
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but can honestly say I need not have been. Check in on arrival was excellent and the porter was very helpful pointing out were to eat on the way to our rooms. Maid was lovely as was all the staff at the hotel, not one was rude. Sometimes we had to walk around restaurant to find a table but as soon as a waiter saw us would direct us to a table and clean the table and chairs. The food was very good especially the tajines, different each day, not a big variety, but has something for everyone. We had an enjoyable meal at the Moroccan restaurant. There were other themed restaurants but didn't try them.
Entertainment team was excellent in particular the Moroccan night. The team worked very hard day and night with things to suit children as well as adults. One negative was we only once found a table and chairs to sit at for the entertainment at the poolside. The hotel is in lovely gardens with tennis courts, table tennis, crazy golf, I think it had 4 pools. There is also a lot of steps in this hotel but had ramps at the side of them or an alternative route. There was also a small but lovely area for toddlers including paddling pool, sand etc, which was supervised by a member of the animation team.
Just outside the hotel on the way to the beach is a couple of men selling trips. We were unsure about this at first but went to the welcome meeting which was very good, but the price of trips were so expensive we decided to try booking with the locals outside the hotel. These trips were half the price of the travel agents and went the same places. We booked 3 trips with the locals and they were very good, reliable and looked after us, turned up on time, went in a mini bus and also got to know others on the trip as it was small numbers going.
The beach is very clean with hundreds of locals playing football near the water (we didn't get hit by a ball at all). Although the beach had 1000's of people on you could find somewhere to sit on your own towel or paddle. The beach was patrolled by the beach police on quad cars, and litter was picked up off the beach all day by other men. Lifeguards on the beach were excellent, always blew the whistle if someone went to far out in the sea and once a group of them went into the sea to bring a man to shore.
It is a good hours walk from the hotel beach to the town centre but very pleasant. Men do come up to you trying to sell you items but were not threatening in any way.
I found the staff at the hotel very pleasant and helpful. We were never refused or had to wait for service (we only tipped on the last day), I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and Morocco.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank lindamManchester
Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

i will give you my honest review of this hotel, i was really apprehensive when i read some of the reviews on here but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. we have just come back from 11 nights here and we had a great time. the staff were so polite and helpful and go out of their way to help you, especially in the oasis restaurant, i dont know the waiters name but he has a blue wrist support, and he was an absolute diamond. on a friday they have a market in the hotel grounds of which they also have shops in the hotel, my kids got on so well with the "hi 5 man" as they called him, he was so friendly and funny and brilliant with the kids, he has the first shop on the left hand side as you come out of reception. the first week we were there we did not have to get up early for sunbeds but as we went into our second week a lot more people arrived but if you tip the sunbed man when you get there he will make sure you have sunbeds for your whole stay and a parasol, which you may need as it is extremely hot.
the animation team were brilliant always on the go and yes they do try and get you to join in but they dont pressurise you, they do some funny evening shows.
there were only 2 things that could be improved which was you do not get enough towels in the rooms (5 of us and only got 2 small towels and 2 bath towels) we did get 2 more from reception but when maid cleaned she took them back. the other thing is not enough seating outside where they do the party dances but plenty of room in the amphitheatre for the shows.
whilst we were there we saw staff constantly maintaining the hotel, painting, gardening, cleaning etc and they all work so hard.
our only complaint (which is not the hotels fault) is some of the guests... we found certain nationalities to be rude to the staff, no pleases or thank yous, to be unclean in the toilet department, even saw one woman eating prunes by where the fresh bread was and throwing the stones behind the bread basket instead of putting them on her plate, they also tended to push you out the way to get to the food and shoved my 4 and 6 year old a couple of times. the food was good, you wouldnt starve, put it that way. the snack bar serves mainly burger and chips and the evening one is pizza.
on a thursday they shut the main bar whilst they restock but serve cocktails soft drinks hot drinks and smoothies instead.
there is a camel that comes to the hotel twice a week he is called chocolate.
there is a moroccan show on a thursday which is brilliant and a lot better than the fantasia trip that we went to via thomson, if you do decide to go to fantasia show i warn you the show lasts approx 20 mins and we thought was a waste of money, the hotel moroccan night was so much better.
there is 5 swimming pools, one is a relaxing pool where the adults tend to go who havent got kids, then you have the 2 main pools, there is 2 other pools where families go and then the kids club have their own pool aswell.
the hotel has a private beach which is roped off to stop you being harrassed by traders on the beach, the only issue we had was that its quite a distance from the sea so couldnt really sit on the beach whilst kids played in the water.
we thouroughly enjoyed our stay here and if we were to go back to morocco this would be the hotel we choose.
oh and by the way you will come away singing the agadir sundance song that they do around the pool twice a day. my 4 year old loved it.
if you would like to know anymore then please ask as i will be totally honest with you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
18 Thank annie1204
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Happy to report that pretty much everything went smoothly for us at this hotel.

Check in went fine. Staff are mostly very friendly and happy to get to know guests. The hotel is a nice size: not too big, not too small. There's one main pool that's where activities take place and a few that are a bit quieter but still atmospheric. Didn't have any problems trying to get a sun lounger.

Drink is fine. Didn't see any chance to get cocktails but maybe if you listed ingredients for one then they'd give you one. Food in the main restaurant is decent too and there's quite a bit of choice. Not the best place you'll have ever eaten but what you'd expect from a buffet-style place. It did get pretty busy at times though and was sometimes hard to find a table. Make sure you make the most of the other restaurants, as we ate at the pizzeria, steak house and Japanese restaurant which had great food, great service and a nice atmosphere. These additional restaurants offer two sittings which are 6:30 and 8:30. Book them before breakfast if you can.

Hotel is just a few minutes walk from the beach. The hotel has its own section so you can find a sun lounger no problem. You can still get drinks with your hotel wristband there but I think only non-alcoholic drinks (I may be wrong though). The promenade may be a bit scary at night as we were asked several times to buy drugs, but of course this is no fault of the hotel. Also, they may not approach families in the same way.

Entertainment was on every night. One of the nights was a really impressive show of dancers etc.

Hotel is pretty clean too. Maids did a good job but they did leave the doors to our balcony open twice.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Definitely something for everybody.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AlexBrr
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would like to start with the positive's of this hotel yes the staff are friendly except one at the main reception bar who didn't like the english who had so many complaints the manger of the hotel had to give him some time off, The gardens are beautiful around the hotel very morocon however if you have walking disability i would not recommend hotel due to all the steps thay do have slopes but you would have to go the long way around. rooms are clean, The food is ok, what lets this hotel down is the cleanliness of the main resturant the tables are dirty with pots as the waiter's are running around saving tables for people who tip them, Waiters save the tables with drinks and bread, and thay will just stand and wait for the people who tip them to come in, while the tables are dirty, in the end my husband and i and my daughter would go to a dirty table and move the pots are self, I also did see one of the waiters pick up bread of the floor and put back with the rest of the bread, also in a morning when we went to get breakfast the omelette man has flys around the food, also resturant has birds flying around, Entertainment are great but is in french. also would like to say our rep was great. Overall 2 star hotel ok for the money but would not return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Prime982

Travellers are raving about these Agadir hotels

West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived midday and we had no delay in checking in. The guy on reception even remembered us. We stayed here @ 3years ago, and we always said that we would come back. We had read the reviews and we were a little worried especially when my parents were coming with us.
However I can truely say we did not have to worry.
We even stayed in the same room, and the grandparents were in same block but on ground floor.
Our room overlooked the main swimming pool.
The pool guy even remembered us too. He did tell us that we would return. Numerous people return each year.
The themed restaurants are very good and we did visit these a few times.
Pizza /Italian was the kiddies favourite. You have plenty of choice Steak , Fish, Chinese, Japanese, Moroccan
We want to thank all the waiters in the Main Restaurant, especially Afafad ( Afid) He worked so hard and made sure that we had the same table every morning. He even bought a little gift for our little girl. Again he also remembered us.We were sorry to hear Abdul had moved to France. We called him the flowerman, he used to make flowers with the napkins.
We also want to thank Afafad Abdon He worked in the top bar near to reception. Again he worked very hard and also made us feel welcome.
The people are so friendly and they make you feel so welcome.
The main restaurant is buffet style so you do have to help yourself. Sometimes could be crowded and sometimes cutlery/ cups etc etc may be low. However if you informed the waiters they would quickly act and ensure that some more would be bought out.
They do sell icecreams, pancakes and panni's @ 10 / 15 dirhams.
We changed our currency outside and not inside the hotel, due to best having a receipt.
We also would like to say a big Thanks to the first choice Rep, he was a local. The welcome meeting was excellent and we received fantastic information, all very useful.
We walked to the beach and to the marina again. We noticed that there were more people walking around this time compared to 3 years ago! More sellers for sure on the seafront.
We had good weather sometimes very hot, we did have a thunder storm, due to this, but it soon cleared.
We want to say thanks to our cleaner in block 2 again she works so hard to keep everything clean. Gardens are kept tidy and they look lovely.
Yes the Hotel needs a little bit of a re-furb, Bedrooms are a little tied but overall they are very clean and you only sleep in them. The hotel is 35 years old and very moroccan and not like your premier inn (modern)
Yes we did tip, they work so hard and their wage is so so low. You do not have to tip all the time, however if you start at the beginning they will look out for you and ensure that you have everything you need.
We want to say Thanks to the snack bar waiter, sorry we can not recall his name, He was fab.
However we believed he broke up for his holidays before we could thank him properly.
Lastly the Entertainment Team they do not stop, from early morning to late at night, They are on the go all the time.
They do have some shops on site and sometimes they can ask you to come and look, however if you kindly say no thanks they will leave you alone. What ever you do do not say will look later, they will remember you.
I could go on and on, however you need to just go and test for yourself.
Have a lovely holiday.
( we stayed Easter 14th April to the 25th April2014)

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family