“Couldn't agree more with the previous review”

Hotel & Spa Le Doge
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Yes Le Doge is a fabulous building but with the exception of the front desk service fell well below my expectations. The waiting staff at breakfast as sullen.
The poor service culminated on Saturday night when a neighbouring room had room service. The 'used' trolley was left on the landing outside my room and two and a half hours later when we returned from Rick's Cafe it was still there. I telephoned reception to get it removed and when it was still there ten minutes later my husband took it down in the lift and wheeled it into reception.
What was meant to be the high light of our sort break in Morocco failed to deliver. Simply not good enough for a hotel of this standing

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message which confirms this great weakness in my services. The restaurant and the reception desk teams was aware of this procedure to care of room service carts. I made a point with the duties care to fill this gap if he runs again. Your help is invaluable for me to ensure the best quality. Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Hotel & Spa Le Doge

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I have mixed feelings about my stay. Overall I left Le Doge on the disappointed side, but that may have been as a result of having too-high expectations after reading the previous reviews. That said, the service (on a Sunday) was not to the standard one would expect here.

The place is basically gorgeous. Set in a quiet side street, one enters a beautifully furnished and finished oasis; all the areas are lovely. My room, on the third floor was on the small side but again beautifully furnished. The window looked straight into a white wall but that made for quiet!

I would have liked to have been asked if I wanted my bags taken care of (normally I carry them myself). Some-time between getting out of the taxi and sitting down at reception all my things were whisked away - even my 'never-let-it-out-of-my-sight' bag with computer etc. I didn't have any great fears, but it was disconcerting. Strangly, they didn't go straight to my room; as I was being shown around the room after checking-in I had to ask for them to be delivered promptly as I needed something out of them urgently.

Less mobile folk may have difficulty stepping in and out of the high-sided bath/shower. Something to hold onto at that time would be useful.

I think my problem was that I was there on a Sunday and service appeared to be 'away'. On arrival I was told the restaurant was closed Sundays but room service was available. This was a great disappointment and should have been advised at the time of reservation. In the afternoon I repaired to the small but lovely rooftop terrace to read and have a drink. There is no phone to put an order in, and no-one came by in 20 minutes, so I went in search of some-one. Ah! They were all in reception. I asked for a drink and went back upstairs. It arrived about 10 mins later. A bit later I went to the nice clubby bar lounge to continue reading. Again I went down stairs and asked if some-one could get me a drink, please. No-one turned up so after 15 minutes I clanked one of the bottles within reach and some-one magically appeared ! Drinks are very expensive; over $10 for a local 'Casablanca' can of beer (but nicely presented).

Breakfast the next day was delicious and service impeccable.

I feel guilty about giving just an 'average' rating, as its obviously a high quality establishment, but that's how I found it balancing price (high), amenity (very good) and service (below standard). Couples would love this place (but avoid Sundays if you can).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Sir, your message is important for me and I understand your disappointment. I make a point today with the departments concerned by your comments. Despite the work done every day it is important to ensure that there are no days "away", it is unacceptable. Thank you for having highlighted these mistakes it will help me to be even more vigilant. The concept of service is never achieved, it must be continually challenged.
Again thank you for your help.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I were in Casablanca for one night and decided to treat ourselves to a stay at a hotel that was part of the Relais & Chateaux chain. Although it was difficult to find, even with our Moroccan driver's GPS, from the moment we entered, we felt thoroughly pampered. This hotel was a small yet luxurious oasis in the middle of a bustling city. It was very elegant and quiet, while the city was extremely cosmopolitan and traffic-filled.

The service was impeccable and the staff was there to meet our every need. We both had a good massage in the spa that was very relaxing at the end of our 12-day Moroccan adventure- a perfect way to end the trip.

The hotel was built in the 1930's as a gift from an Italian businessman to his wife, who he had met in Morocco. It is decorated in the Art Deco style, with many beautiful stained glass windows everywhere you look. All of the 16 rooms and suites are dedicated to a different Art Deco artist, with an incredible collection of period pieces everywhere.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, and was decorated in red and black- very elegant. My only complaint is that the bed was a double bed, and we always prefer a king-sized bed, as I am a very restless sleeper.

The food in the elegant dining room was very good for dinner, as well as breakfast. Wi-fi and breakfast was included.

Room Tip: Request a king-sized bed, as I wish that I would have.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Your message recognizes the work of my team, thank you. I am glad, they made ​​your stay as pleasant as possible. Your remark about the size of the beds is relevant, the normal replacement of beds allow us to move to a larger size.
Thank you again for your visit and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Breakfast in the room was great....as was lunch on the roof terrace
The hotel is a nice example of art deco, great staircase (also has a lift if needed), colourful and comfortable rooms.
The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, made for a lovely stay.....

Room Tip: each room is so different, either ask staff or look on website to choose !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jpandarecco
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for this message of sympathy, I am pleased that my teams work to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It was a pleasure to welcome you. See you soon in Casablanca.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were in Casablanca for one night and decided to treat ourselves to a 5-star property. This hotel has the most incredible fleur d'oranger smell throughout! Definitely a luxurious oasis in the middle of a bustling city. The hotel was surprisingly small and quiet, while the city was extremely cosmopolitan and traffic-filled. Impeccable service, all staff is there for your every need.

Wifi and breakfast is included- Beautiful spread brought right to the room with pastries, cheeses, meats, fresh fruits, juice, coffee, etc.). They refreshed items for us as needed.

Albiet expensive (tea for 50 dihram!), there is a great, lounge/library area to sit and enjoy a cocktail, half bottle of wine or mint tea.

Location can be confusing to find and didn't seem to be walkable to most sites (though we didn't have time to venture to most). Beware that most cab drivers know this is an expensive property and may over charge you, assuming you are a wealthy tourist. The hotel's driver brought us to the train station for our departure in a very nice Mercedes. Got our bags right to the train. Great touch!

Great, argan oil amenities in the bathroom with plush robes and slippers. Our shower did flood part of the bathroom, but the staff immediately brought us towels to clean it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I am glad that your experience in our hotel was successful. I noticed that my teams have been able to satisfy your requests. Our location, on a small street can ensure quiet and cosy atmosphere to our guests. Thank you for this post, and see you, another time, at Casablanca.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I found this hotel on Trip Advisor, for which we are very grateful. We had a three night stay in Morocco, and allocated our time to Casablanca, spending all three nights at the Le Doge hotel. It is a small hotel situated in a quiet side street, so privately placed that some taxi drivers don't know it! We arrived exhausted after a very early and tiring journey and were made to feel at home and welcome immediately, with warm smiles and delicious glasses of sweet mint tea. This personal care was extended to us throughout our stay, from the direct introduction to the Director, Laurent, upon our arrival, to the attentiveness of his staff on all levels, from the comfort of our beautiful Mackintosh room, to the urbane professionalism of the receptionists, waiters and management.
The attention to detail and the tireless efforts to make our stay comfortable and memorable, the luxury we enjoyed in our room and spacious bathroom, the excellent massage we indulged ourselves in during the two hours spent in the spa (the spa is small, so be sure to book well in advance), the delicious breakfasts with melt-in-the-mouth croissants, the fine lunch and dinner we enjoyed, the helpfulness and assistance with transport and reservations at the excellent Basmane restaurant, and at Rick's Cafe, all made our stay at this very special hotel a highlight in our travel memories. I am sure the Ritz in Paris couldn't do better!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne B

Thank you for your testimony on your stay in our house. The willingness of all my teams is to satisfy you on every request. We will continue to work for it. Thank you again and see you soon in Casablanca.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Staying at this hotel was just fantastic. Art deco style is amazing, rooms are beautiful and stylish, bathrooms too, food is delicious and staff is extremely friendly and nice. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mila00
LaurentDELORD, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Doge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for this message, it was a pleasure to welcome you. I'm glad to see your trip went well, with the help of my team. This message confirms us in our daily research of quality. Best regards.