“Decent Hotel”

Gray Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Most of the staff is friendly and helps where they can. The floors in the whole hotel were too dark. The room 308 was nice with good amount of space. TV was working fine, but the picture quality was not good. Room service was relatively quick and the food (chicken kebab) was good. Breakfast is suppose to be served starting at 07.00 a.m., but wasnt ready until 07.15 a.m. Quality and taste was fine (I tried sweet things and fruits only). The area seems to be safe, but not exciting. But I liked being surrounded by the moroccean people. Overal its a good hotel, no 5 stars, but still recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Benoni4

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed 4 weeks in this hotel while waiting for our furnitures to arrive from abroad.
The hotel is well located in Racine neighborhood. The decoration is nice as well as the room but this is it. The poorest service I have ever seen in a self declared 5 stars.
I selected this hotel because we were staying for a long time with our 3 years old son so I wanted to be able to heat milk or cook some pasta when I wanted. There was a kitchen in the suite, I went to ask for plate and some pan because there was not a thing in the kitchen and there I was told that there was no because ten kitchen did not worked ! The fridge was braking down every 4 hours so we could not even keep the milk cold and we ended up with cheese instead.
There was no hair dryer in the bathroom so I could housekeeping, I received a super tiny one, like super small travel size. The next day it was gone, so I had to call again. This time I placed the hairdryer in the safe to make sure it won't leave the room. Someone caught me in the lobby to request the hairdryer back ! This was enough, I was really pissed and came back with the thing, the lobby guy started to say I was rude to him. It was a nightmare, never in my whole life I had experienced such a poor management in a hotel. The room is large, nice bed ( electric shades did not worked), air co was very good. Breakfast was good too and people in the restaurant were very nice. We hate there several times and it was good. As a conclusion, don't expect too much there and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank virginie s
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Always dark, often to the point where you cannot see.

Smell either of perfume or crap combined with perfume.

Not the cleanest of hotels, but not THAT dirty.

Tiny tiny beds.

why does this need to take up 200 characters??

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank no1speciallsls
Reviewed 17 July 2013

It has its flaws (very little light, badly equipped gym, etc...) but all in all I had a good stay. The suites are pretty large for their price even though the service is not quite as good as larger hotels such as the Sofitel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is a joke. Nothing to do with Gray Boutique Hotel in beyrut. This is dull, dark and not clean, Breakfast buffet is ridiculous and service is bad. How many times do someone have to ask to get a coffe, which is not good as well. I DO NOT recommand this hotel, furthermore I would say AVOID. The pictures on web site are enbellished, I was sooooooo disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marie paule A
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This place is a joke, I don't know what they were trying to do here, but is an absolute disaster. The place stink from the reception to the rooms, is totally dusty you can actually feel the dirtiness!!!
The only thing good about this place is the staff, which is helpful, the rest, is an absolute joke!!

Room Tip: Just look for another hotel, Hyatt, Kenzi.....
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CesarAlonso
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife and I visited Casablanca for the first time and stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel is located in an upscale neighbourhood and we were warmly welcomed with a great glass of mint tea. The room was spacious with a separate living room area and bedroom. The living room had a large flat screen tv and access to hundreds of tv channels on satellite. The wi-fi was reliable and came in handy as there were very few US channels available but we are able to stream video from our computer to the tv via HDMI cable. The bedroom was cozy and also had a smaller flat screen tv and also had a safe. The bed was comfortable but was a bit small for 2 people. The only complaint about the hotel was the cost of the mini bar but there is a market just down the street where we were able to purchase bottled water and soft drinks for a fraction of the price.

The breakfast was amazing and included eggs. The fresh orange juice, coffee and pastries were a great way to start the day. Room service was very good as well as the menu provided lots of variety to choose from. The best part about the hotel was the friendly staff - they went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home.

There are lots of great restaurants located very close to the hotel within a 5 minute walk and lots of designer shops as well if you like to shop. The hotel was also able to arrange for Petit Taxis for us that would not stop to pick up other passengers. The Maroc Mall and Hussein Mosques are a short drive away and are a must for tourists.

We would not hesitate to stay at the Gray Hotel on our next visit to Casablanca!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ismail L
Travellers also viewed these Casablanca hotels
Movenpick Hotel Casablanca
#5 of 77 in Casablanca
MELLIBER Appart Hotel
MELLIBER Appart Hotel
#12 of 77 in Casablanca

Been to Gray Boutique Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gray Boutique Hotel and Spa

Address: 14 Angle Rue ain El Aouda (ex Rue Carcel) | et 8, rue Abou Al kacem El kotbari, Casablanca 20050, Morocco
Region: Morocco > Grand Casablanca Region > Casablanca
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Price Range: £76 - £157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Gray Boutique Hotel and Spa 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Gray Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.