Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche
  • Pool
US$140
Cancelon
1,794 results
All reviewsluxury roomguest relationshassan iiwelcome drinksteam roombeautiful hotelindoor poolconcierge deskspecial thankslobby barcoffee machinemoroccan tearestaurant staffbusiness tripmoroccan foodan upgraderooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

firstly we want to thank all the staff of the hotels when simply considered as an art by excellance museum because we were just passing after having visited Moske hassan 2 and bazarre on the same street and after a little research on map we find that it is just near.
Were this the Moroccan hospitality 100% thank you very much and thank you a special Redone bartender who helped us better know casablanca even if it were our last day in Morocco but it will be our distination next year!
Emily & samuel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily m
Thomas G, Directeur général at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are more than glad to know you enjoyed your moment at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche.

This is the kind of service we are working for and we will be very pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recommended for all people wanting to stay in the centre of Casablanca. I was staying there on business and had a great experience, one of my favourite hotels, very welcoming and the room was a very comfortable place to rest my head after the long flight over from Dubai.

A short taxi ride from the airport and one thing about the taxis is that they are immediately your best friend and will try and find out your movement in Morocco so they can show you around. The one who claimed my return visit to the airport as he was dropping me off at the hotel caused all sorts of issues, shouting and waving arms when he came to pick me up.

Anyway, that's an aside but a good thing to remember. Your choice. The hotel was in good walking distance of the main town/city and I tried to go out each night for a walk about... Not sure if that was a wise decision but I did it anyway.

Hotel food was good, price for stay was reasonable, think I got a good deal for flight and hotel through expedia so it was all prepaid.

Recommend to business and tourist travellers alike. Enjoy ...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ukdcham
Thomas G, Directeur général at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are more than glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche.
All your comments are already been shared we our teams.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a funky vibe with great staff at reception, the bar and lobby restaurant. They are very welcoming and attentive and always keen to help.

I liked the bar concept of an island in the middle of the room where you can even stand next to the barman while he mixes your cocktail. Very friendly and fun. The bar staff were excellent.

Same in the lobby restaurant. The breakfast selection was excellent, both buffet and a la carte, and the staff very attentive and friendly. Service was efficient, polite and professional.

I only have two negative comments about my stay. Firstly I had booked online in France on Accor Hotels own website, obtained an email reservation confirmation and number. Upon arrival at the hotel they had no record of my booking!! Even with the Accor reservation details. After investigation they said there was a problem in the computer reservations system between Accor and the hotel. So be warned, a reservation even if confirmed may not be enough.

Secondly, I would say that this property is clearly well used and is showing some signs of wear and tear. I was surprised to see cigarette burn holes in the seating material in the bar, moldy flaking plaster and paint above the indoor swimming pool and the hammam steam bath area was untidy with shower gel containers missing their tops etc. All small things but put together give the impression of a lack of attention by the housekeeping team.

It is undoubtedly the friendly professional staff that tip the balance for me up to 4 stars despite the wear and tear negatives above. I would go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche.

All our Ambassadors work hard to get every guest satisfied, so it is always a real satisfaction when we share this kind of comment with our teams.

We noted the two points mentioned and we are working to fix it. The indoor pool is scheduled for renovation in a few days.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, your comments will allow us to improve our service.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed only one night in this hotel, we arrived in the evening from Agadir and had a flight on the next day, so we have not checked pool, spa, bars and restaurants except the restaurant where we had breakfast.

I booked this hotel because it's ranked #1 on TripAdvisor (I fear to imagine what is happening in other hotels). Negatives about this one below.

Well, to be fair - this place is average, they probably wanted to make it the best in Casablanca, and it could be the best for Casablanca, but not for the travellers who have seen other hotels and have other examples to compare. I could understand if this would be a regular or non-well-known hoteliers brands, but I would restrain travellers' expectations about this place.

Negatives.
1. We have booked Superior King Room, receptionist at the check-in said that my booking is for Classic room, when I have asked that I have booked another type, she said that Classic and Superior is the same, and we entered the room she said it's Superior - I have not quite understand, that type of the room is named on receptionist's wish or we stayed in the Classic room for the price of Superior? (not much difference, but it's a matter or principle).

2. We have booked a room a week before our stay, and it should be a room for two and Hotel staff should know about it in advance. When I went into the bathroom to have a shower I've found we have only one pair of slippers and only one bathrobe. Room was originally prepared for single occupancy? I called a room service, they didn't understand what I wanted from them (english comprehension problem apparently?), I called another service (guest room) and asked them the same, they understood and brought what I have asked.

3. Both basins have plumbing problems, were cluttered and water was draining very slowly. Toilet seat was broken, and toilet room itself smelled of mould.

4. We bought a lot of stuff in Morocco and it was our last night and we were packing our luggage for a flight. We asked concierge to arrange a duct tape (adhesive tape or scotch how they call it of any type) in the evening, he understood what we want and disappear. On the morning while going on breakfast we have asked for the same again - nothing, after breakfast my wife reminded concierge about the same again and I have repeated (so it was 4 times already). They said they understand want we need and they will arrange it for us shortly. Time for check-out and go for our flight - nothing. Luckily we have packed without a tape, but why hotel stuff promise what they can't do? That is the question.

Positive.
1. The bed was nice, large, soft and comfy.
2. It was nice to find a good desk in the room, where I could keep my laptop, check my email and work. We also like the panoramic view from the 12th floor and large window. It's lovely.
3. Breakfast variety was average, but food was nice.
4. The rooms have interesting design - you can watch a TV, while you waiting when water will drain after you washed your hands and to start to brush your teeth afterwards (see p.3 in negatives), a lot of black in the room - a bit scary especially during the night trip to the toilet (like you are walking in the deep space :) ), but memorable.

Hopefully management would read this and take the measures, so we would probably stay in this place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexeyKozlov
Thomas G, Directeur général at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that your stay did not meet all your expectations.

We have noted all your comments and the necessary steps have already been taken.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche. Your comments will allow us to improve our service.

We will be pleased to welcome you back at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche very soon.

Best Regards,