“Disappointing start to my Moroccan adventure”
Review of Idou Anfa Hotel

Idou Anfa Hotel
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointing start to my Moroccan adventure”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is used by the tour company and so I did not choose it myself. Had I booked it myself I would be asking for a refund. Despite having documents confirming my details they tried to insist that I was not booked in and only backed down when shown the confirmation for the third time. My room was not ready, at mid afternoon, and the maid was sitting on the unmade bed talking on the phone when I entered. They moved me along the hallway but the room stinks of smoke, the carpet is filthy and very badly stained and the bath is so high I can hardly step into it for a shower. The key wouldn't work when I returned to my room and at 5pm the housekeeping trolley is still sitting in the hallway. I'm sorry. Have to spend another night here at the end of the tour.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Idou Anfa hotel is located in the heart of Casablanca, not too far away from the Hassan II Mosque. From there, you can walk to almost any attractions in Casablanca.

The hotel staff, especially the concierges are very caring. The staff is professional and always ready to help. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The rooms are comfortable and clean!

We loved staying there giving the location.

My husband and I clearly recommend this hotel for either a short or long stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wonderfull services, great confort in all the hotel (rooms, restaurant, bar, wellness ...)
The personnal (employees) are really attentive to the expectations of their clients. Quality of restaurant : We have appréciate that two times the cook chief prepared spcial local food especially for us). The wellness center is a plus, essentially after a business day)
No négative ramrks but only compliments ,

Room Tip: The hole have 16 florrs. How Higher, how bigger and better is the view on the city and the sea
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bernard G
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in this hotel, and other than the location there really is nothing to rave about. This is not a 4-star hotel in way. The rooms, bathrooms and carpets are old. The A/C doesn't work in most rooms. Neither does the wifi. The breakfast selection is very small and the rooms are noisy. Found hairs in the bathtub.

I tried to call the concierge and the reception in the morning to get help with my luggage. No answer. Went down to the lobby and the staff was asleep! One night I went out and bought Moroccan sweets as souvenirs, as well as, bottled water. Two rude men working as guards refused to let me enter the hotel. Apparently there is a small sign in front of the hotel asking you not to bring food to the hotel. As I tried to explain I wasn't bringing a meal to the hotel, they anyway refused to let me enter the hotel. They wouldn't even let me go in to talk to the manager. Fortunately a manager from inside saw me and came out. He apologized for the misunderstanding, but the damage was done. There are so many better hotels in Casablanca. Next time I will stay in one of them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the hotel bar tonight and got harassed by ladies of the night, then after repelling their advances I got into conversation with a guy who I think might have been the head pimp. The rooms are fine, but I'm on 7th floor and I can hear music!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It's a typical european 4 stars hotel. Well located. The lobby is a bit pretencious. Rooms are of good size and quite modern. However, no minibar in the room. And the carpet was quite dirty. It needs also replacement. The bathrooms are totally out of date. They need urgent renovation. The bath had seen better moments. No pressure in the shower (and I was lodged in the 4th floor, had I been in the 15th...)

On the other hand, the staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. It also had free wifi in all the hotel :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Moisex
Byblos, Lebanon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

amazing location at the center of casablanca, right on the main road, within walking distance from major touristic sites and a 15 minutes ride to the morocco mall. Not far from the nightlife in casablanca. People are very friendly, rooms are nice and cosy, fully equipped as well

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business