“DISAPPOINTING CITY AND HOTEL”

Hotel Prince de Paris
Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The city of Casablanca was disappointing as other than the fantastic mosque there is a dark feeling about the city. A lot of traffic and noisy and somewhat dirtier than most places. Did not enjoy it that much and this hotel was only average at the most, and i am sure i could have found many much better, but for one night it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Prince de Paris

Reviewed 15 January 2012

My Prince de Paris booking was made through booking.com. When I arrived from Oman I was exhausted but looking to have a great stay, however, things went badly almost straight away. As I was filling out a hotel form, the reception clerk asked if I had any luggage. And of course I replied yes. When the hotel receptionist looked over and saw that I had only one bag, he said I would have to put down a deposit. When I asked him why he said there had been guests who came in with either no luggage or only one piece of luggage and some how they escaped without paying. I told the receptionist that I did not want to hear stories such as that and had come to have a wonderful holiday. He still insisted on the huge deposit wherein my Moroccan fiancee told me that the man had been very rude and then we simply left. The entire experience was an outrage! Even though it was late and I was tired, I left very angry. It took us two hours to find another place, however I managed to find an apartment. I paid all of the money up front and had a great visit. Avoid Prince de Paris hotel like the plague as the male receptionist I dealt with was arrogant, and very rude. BTW, bookings.com were very efficient and took an interest in my complaint. Bookings.com is the BEST!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Jason M B
Reviewed 22 July 2011

just after new years day i planed a solo trip to morocco. My first destination was a week at the prince de paris hotel in casablanca. I booked my first Accomodation in a hotel because i wanted to get used to the enviroment before i made my decision weatherr to stay in cass or move on.
The hotel is ideal for short business trips and the staff were incredibly helpful!( A basic understanding in French language is imperitive)
I did however find my room incredibly noisy due to the trafic directly outside the hotel and at nights the room was incredibly cold!
i would rate the hotel 3 out of 5 due to the friendliness of the taff...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank maxyjazz
Reviewed 14 July 2011

It was an alright place, the fact that the lights in the hallway turn off after a few seconds threw me and my friends for a loop. Was also in a very noisy part of town. Claimed to have Wifi in the lobby, but almost no devices could pick it up.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I made a big mistake booking this one. Last minute decision to stop on my way to Marrakech, and I didn't research it as well as I should have.

While the room was recently updated and clean, the hotel is old and worn looking. It's also in a horrible section of the city. The view from my room was ruined looking colonial era buildings littered with garbage. I checked out first thing in the morning and booked myself into the 5 star Sheraton which was a short drive away.

There is nothing to really see in Casablanca, so don't stay long! If shopping, the prices are cheaper than Marrakech.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank misterclancy
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were moved from the much nicer Ramada to here due to the Ramada having given our room away. There is no way this is a 4* hotel. Noise was unbelieveable and we were so tired, all we had the energy to do was sit in a cafe the next day. If you take a chance on this hotel - bring ear plugs and plenty of them. Staff were unhelpful and rude. The next day, we asked the desk to let the Ramda know we were ready to be picked up. They said they had done it, but half an hour later, they hadn't - yet weren't actually doing anything else..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This was a one night stay with Cosmos on a group tour. The room was clean and well appointed with flat screen TV and decent bathroom. Street traffic noise was my only concern with room 7008. I suggest you bring earplugs. Breakfast could have been better. One cereal choice - Frosties, some French style pastries - OK, juice, coffee - not hot enough.

Free wifi in the lobby was welcome.

One reviewer in June this year said "Noisy, dirty, low quality and service". I can only agree with noisy.

If you get this hotel cheap or as part of a budget tour, then it will do. It was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful towards the group.

• Stayed: November 2010