I visit Casablanca for business once every two months and most of the times I have stayed at the Imperial Casablanca. I'm a sucker for a buidling with a history, so I have been coming back to this place mostly because I'm fascinated by the history of the buidling and the design.
Unfortunately the 'down sides' of the hotel are starting to weigh more then my love for a pretty building. In order for the hotel to go from ok, to great some basics would need to be adjusted:
- Cleaning: the rooms and especially the bathrooms are not very clean and seem to become less clean on each visit.
- Wifi: as a business traveller I need internet that works, always. The internet is super slow and sometimes not working.
- When the hotel was renovated they went for some cheaper options when it comes to materials. Especially the bathrooms are already starting to look old and rundown.
-No mini bar, or a bottle of water in the hotelroom upon arrival. The rooms had minibars in the beginning, they now are empty. Since you cannot drink tap water in Morocco, a fresh bottle of water would be great to have in the room.
On a positive note: the staff is super friendly and the price (which includes breakfast) is good too. The buidling is indeed beautiful and I apprciate the effort which was made to bring some 'old glamour' back to the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classified as a Historical Monument by the Ministry of Culture; the hotel counts 105 rooms in total, including 15 exclusive suites, 2 restaurants, a bar, a conference center and a spa (under construction). After 5 years of renovation, the hotel opens its doors to both its business and leisure guests, offering them a unique experience: a journey back to the epoque of Casablanca’s glorious years. The contemporary atmosphere of the hotel reflects the essence of the past. The hotel’s Art Deco facade welcomes guests into an intimate and elegant venue, seducing them from the very first step into the reception hall. The overall ambiance insures guests that come alone or with their families a cozy “at home” feeling, whilst those coming for business benefit from an exceptional and professional environment. An amalgam of the hotel’s ideal location at the very center of Casablanca, its proximity to the business district, its distinctive decoration, restaurants, trendy bar and lounge, complemented by a customized and sophisticated service create a truly unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Imperial Casablanca Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.