“Find another Hotel”
Review of Hotel Azur

Hotel Azur
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I made the mistake of ignoring the reviews on this site and I suggest those reading this heed my advice. Like so many before me at this Hotel I arrived and had no reservation. I was placed in a 2nd floor room which while cleant was run down. At midnight the local disco turned the music up 1000db and sleep became impossible. at 3am it sounded like everyone left the nightclub and partied outside my window. I went downstairs in the morning to see if they had found my reservation and to ask for a quiet room. no reservation but they agreed to move me. it took 3 more requests before they did anything. The breakfast was poor and the internet and television rarely work. The staff have no interest in being helpful and the man of the front desk even had the guts to ask me for a tip after I had such a bad stay. Find somewhere nicer

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Matt_W_Oz

Reviewed 21 October 2010

Words cannot express my disapointment by this hotel and the greedy manager.

We made a room reservation through a well known internet booking site, everything was fine and then the day before we travelled we received an email to inform us the price had been increased. Cleary supprised by this i contacted the booking site, but none of the available staff spoke french and could not call the hotel. Being a french speaker i was greated by a most unpolite and unhelpful manager, when i asked him why the price had increased he told me "because he can" and that he was unhappy that the booking site took too large a percentage! Clearly he did not have the intelligence to consider that we would want to book excursions through the hotel, eat in the restaurant etc and would make the price difference up through other means.

Wow, what a way to do business!!

If you want my advice steer well clear.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WearyTravlr1
Reviewed 19 October 2010

not a big deal at all! very modest hotel that should be 2 stars
if it was in any other location than the corniche it would have been the worst thing ever
staff are okay .. friendly i guess - food was terrible - and too pricy for what you'll get
if it was a bit cheaper then it would have made sense to stay there .. but i have to say again, its good the best location in the middle of the corniche! lots of restaurants, bars, clubs all around .. lovely walks in the after noon and sunset
not all rooms can have an ocean view .. we were given a no view room but when we asked to be moved they said ok only because we are there for one day .. otherwise i guess we would have had to deal with our no view room

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SariaDoha
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Stayed in Azur hotel bit of a mix. Great location if you want to be in the centre of night life and clubs. Over looks the Atlantic and Mcdonalds :) Pool is great and the little bar with some very warm and friendly staff who always cated for my needs and very friendly.

Food was fine, staff friendly, room was little dated, fuctional but nothing amazing.

Hotel as a Italian restaurant upstairs with live music. The food Excellent, the views nd the music all added to something trying to be special.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2009

I feel I have to redress some of the negative comments having stayed at the Azur recently. Firstly the bad news - the hotel is currently being refurbished AND the road outside is being dug up! So check if this has finished before you go if you value peace and quiet. As a result of this - yes we were occasionally without water or electricity but staff did all they could to put it right quickly. The location is indeed amazing with fantastic views but this will be a lot better without a bulldozer in the foreground!
We had two rooms and they were both very spacious and clean, ours had a brand new flat screen TV, no problems at all with the room or bedding. The staff were really great and could not have done more for us. The main difference I have with other reviewers is the food. The breakfast was GARGANTUAN - every morning eggs, cheese, bread, cake, pastries, pancakes, jam, coffee, orange juice - about twice what we could eat! And the hotel restaurant "The Bruschetta" is also excellent, we ate there nearly evey night, please see separate review

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2009

After a very enjoyable but tiring 2 weeks travelling accross Morrocco, me and my girlfriend ended-up at the Hotel Azure for our last night. Let me say we didn't regret it. It has a nice pool, a great view and the constant wind from the ocean makes it very comfortable. Yes, there is a night club accross the street, but the music stops early and you don't really hear it if you turn on the a/c.

If you're just arriving in Morrocco and plan to go elsewhere, I recommend staying somewhere closer to downtown near the Medina and the Mosque. The Azur is on the ''Corniche'' and will be a more expensive cab ride to and from the train/bus station. If you have a car, good luck getting arount the morroccan streets :)

Otherwise, if you're looking to visit... well the waterfront is very commercialized with McDonald's and KFC type places. This might not be what you're looking for.

But if you're tired, you've had your fill of Medinas, Souks, Couscous, Street vendors, Thé à la Menthe and people trying to rip you off, then this is the perfect place to relax before you head home. The rooms are nice, big and clean. The staff is ok (remember you ARE in Morrocco, don't expect to much) and there's a good little restaurant in the hotel that has a live band at night. The food is decent and it's one of the rare places we found where you can have a glass of wine without paying too much.

Anyway, enjoy Morrocco.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Walter4848
Reviewed 5 August 2008

The hotel Azur is the most awful hotel I have ever stayed in. It was rated as a 4star by Hotelopia, but it is in fact a three star though I have stayed in better unrated hotels. The room was dank and musty with hard bolster pillows on the bed, The tv and the air-conditioning remote controls did not work. The food was atrocious; dinner was served with cold frozen vegatables. the breakfast was minimal. The room faced the beach where the music from one of the bars kept us awake until 5am. The last straw was when I got trapped in the lobby toilet and two men had to come and rescue me, I was due to stay there for 4 nights, but checked out in disgust after the first night.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family