“Very Bad Hotel and staff”
Review of Farah Casablanca

Farah Casablanca
Ranked #55 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The staff is very unhelpful, the internet is working for a little minutes only, the breakfast is very cheap and no varaity at all and the biggest one is that I was stolen, I left the boot that I bought for my son and I didn't find it when I was packing my bags and I had no time to call the police.
Very bad idea to go to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank mmoghazi

Reviewed 19 September 2013

In spite of numerous emails, confirmations, and credit card numbers, the Novotel did not honour our reservation. They did, at least, send us by taxi at their expense to the Golden Tulip. At 01:00 AM and after a thirty hour trip, we were not in a combative mood. Although we were promised the rate would be the same it was 400 dirham more and as web were now at everyone's mercy, the lowest rates were not available. Tired and frustrated we just accepted that we would pay over $250 a night for an average hotel. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The lobby in the early morning hours had a few working girls passing though.

The room was relatively clean, although it was a bit musty smelling. Being next to dead, we turned on the AC, which worked well, and slept soundly for s solid ten hours. The room was very quiet and attractive, if a little worn. The drain in the tub did not work, so the boss had to shower standing in ankle deep water (next time she will take the proffered first shift). This was reported in the morning and I guess it was fixed. The "fix" seems to be to remove the drain cover entirely and place it on the rim of the tub!

So, try to arrive in Casablanca early enough in the day that you have at least a chance that your reservation will be honoured. Even confirming with a credit card at the Novotel did not help us. The Golden Tulip did in a pinch, but I would not stay here by choice. Expensive and poor value.

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor and it was reasonably quiet. I suspect lower floors are very noisy - th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is nice and staff quite respecfull but the only thing is that they always seems to be waiting for a tip. my room was confortable, no complai at all about that, and they gve one bottle of water and snacks as complimment.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent a night there on our grand tour of Morocco. The hotel looks nice, it's quite new. But we were tired and really wanted some good rest but all we got was a sleepless night. The room we had was facing the main street Av. de l'Armee which is awfully noisy even with the window closed you can hear this deafening noise. It would have been bearable if the air-conditioner worked properly. It produced very damp smelly air which made me cough all the time (it's filter badly needs cleaning). As a result using air conditioner was out of question and we spent a night feeling the buzz of the megapolis which never sleeps. Terrible!

Room Tip: Not the room facing the main street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

arrived here at 11pm on a Monday night for a 2 night stay on a business trip. Was booked in quickly with no fuss or issue.

Despite the hour I was still able to get service in la brasserie restaurant without any fuss or a booking and enjoy a very nice meal so full marks for that. The room was comfortable with efficient air con, plenty of storage space and a comfortable bed. WiFi was easy to connect to, just ask for the password at the desk and didn't drop out while in use.

Breakfast had plenty of variety and something for everyone - even me!

Second night dining in at the Moroccan restaurant was also very pleasant in my opinion and we enjoyed a good meal in a relaxed atmosphere with some local musical entertainment.

Checkout was prompt and efficient - no unnecessary chat - and assistance was then provided to get a cab to the airport.

I can't comment on any of the other facilities but I rarely use any of it personally

I would happily stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2013

A completely refurbished hotel that offer probably one of the best service in Casablanca.
Very good and various breakfast , very good choice of restaurant and quality of food,
Room are nice and clean, wifi is excellent all over the hotel.
Underground parking if you have a vehicle.
Pool and Spa more than ok.
The location is not one of the best but is ok if you are in Casablanca for work.
Some room on the Main Street side are noisy due to the traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The room on the back of the hotel are less noisy, but the window glass are so thin, that you can fill the White taxi engine at the rush hours. Thanks God, no more traffic after 10PM. The food, the service, the staff are definitively not a 5 star, may be 4 and for some of the area may be 3. Front desk people are little arrogant when you are a simple Moroccan consultant BUT seems to become very friendly when you are an European!!! This is not the first time I have seen this in Morocco. I guess it is due to the history of this country. Breakfast is very very expensive, just 50 meters from there, a very nice cafe is serving a complete Moroccan breakfast for less than 2 Euros (the/cafe, fresh orange juice, fresh Moroccan breads, butter, honey, jam). Room was not that clean for a 5 stars, I tested by leaving hairs on the floor and did not get cleaned.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are ok but after 10PM
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business