“nice hotel”

Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
london
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

nice hotel in the city centre, good size rooms and amenities, staff are helpful and check in was quick, breakfast is good, hotel has a nice restaurant on the ground floor, and a nice bar in the first floor

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank othmane
GTFC_Management, Directeur général at Farah Casablanca, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Mr Othmane,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.
I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Best Regards
Hassan BOULHARIR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Golden Tulip is very well located in Casablanca, walking distance to main squares, medina, and pedestrian streets.

Had problems with hot water in the room. Decorations and furniture are rather old and rooms could use renovations/upgrades.

Concierge booked dinner reservation and taxis without issues.

The breakfast is basic, although there is a good omelette bar (with Fatima's local crêpes), however ventilation is deficient.

Although we were very tempted by the Brasserie menu (fondues, shrimps, etc), note that the restaurant is closed on Sundays.

Room Tip: Rooms giving on front street are noisy due to traffic in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, and for your understanding! We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to adjust ourselves in improving guest’s satisfaction.

Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to ensure we provide the proper service and information to our guests.

We hope to welcome you for your next visit in Casablanca,

Best Regards
Hassan BOULHARIR

Travellers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Gaziantep, Turkey
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel is very good location. I didn't go out much thats what I heard. When you enter the hotel its very nice but rooms needs a workk. Carpets are old and the rooms should be more clean. But the overall I liked the hotel and you can recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Golden Tulip Farah Casablanca on TripAdvisor.

Your comments will help us to keep improving guest's satisfaction, and be sure this is our priority.

We take note of every observation you made to take our hotel's guest's service "to the next level".

We hope to welcome you for your next visit in Casablanca, so you will be able to notice the improvement.

Kindest regards
Lille, France
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was in this hotel on January 21,22nd 2014. The hotel is impressive from the exterior and is paced in the center where all major hotels are. The hall is nice and the personnel quite nice.
Good breakfast with large choises but if you come early in the morning (between 6h30 and 7h9 not all the personnel is there and the waiter are struggling to serve everybody.
The restaurant are quite expensive, and the athmosphere is not very nice. You can eat with a better price/quality ratio in other towns hotel restaurants.
Rooms are nice, with large rooms and bathroom. Design a bit dated but good
The main problem of this hotel is the noise ! I have changed room 4 times and landed on the 16th floor, room 1616. Every 30-60min a pump or a climatisation engine starts to make noise. The others room that I have tried were not better . For me this is unacceptable for a luxury hotel. The personnel was nice and proposed me 4 differenr room but the result was the same.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main street are really too noisy because the windows are old and are showing poor achou...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Kindest regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

All service was terrible exempt bar staff, administrator is terrible had to keep rechecking didi we actually got taxi booked it took me more then 5 times to get time agreed as i asked for one time, he was keep telling me that its not possible (really ? not posable ? whats that mean ? ) finally we got taxi fro time we wanted but that was not taxi that was hotel mini car... room cold heating was berry working..then if want to use pool its cost you extra ... so question whats that mean 5 star hotel ?

with respect but i staid in les stars having hotels over Morroco and other side of world, and this is first time i get in to this king of scam

Room Tip: im not recommending to stay over in this hotel !!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KBPhotography
Thank you for your feedback, and for your understanding!

Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads to ensure we provide the proper service to our guests.

Best regards
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a nice hotel in Casablanca, Morocco. I was booked here by my company for a business conference and really had a nice time staying at the hotel. The rooms are specious, clean and very comfortable. The location is also great you can easily travel to other locations without much of a problem. The breakfast is lovely but, it only has a limited selection of foods. The min bar has some nice selection of drinks but not much of a variety to sample and a little bit pricey. The staffs are professionals but not very friendly which is sometimes intimidating. I had a great time staying on first floor but some of my colleagues stay on the top floor complained of disturbance from disco club. I will recommend this hotel, but insist on getting a room away from the disco club.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TimMerrtop
We are so glad you had a good stay with us.

We look forward to being of service when you return to Casablanca

Best regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travel a lot and have been in hundreds of hotels in my live but this is probably among the worst experiences I have ever had. The staff was very unfriendly at check-in. They put a hold of 4000 MAD (approximately USD 600) on my credit card although the room was already being paid by the company that invited me as well as a dozen of other guests. Despite the credit card hold, the minibar was empty (such a cheap attitude) and the phone line in the room was blocked. I called room service to ask them to fill the bar and they guy who took the call responded that no one was available to do so and that they will do it the next day. He didn't even care to apologize. No one came the next day and the minibar remained empty until the end of my stay (4 nights in total). I also called 5 times the reception to ask them to unblock the phone as I had an urgent phone call to place and they kept saying that they will do it but it required that I go down to the reception and stay there until the line was unblocked. Again, why the hell they take a USD 600 hold on you credit card when the room is already paid, the minibar empty and the phone blocked? I decided with some colleagues to meet in the hotel coffee-shop and instead of welcoming us, the waitress there literally said in French "tu payes en cash" which means "you pay your coffee cash" addressing us with no respect at all. The food in the restaurant was horrible, the fish was smelly. I ordered a big bottle of water in my room twice during my stay and they never brought it on a tray or brought glasses with it. I hated that experience. You should stay away from this hotel. They treat their guests like dogs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business