“Good Restaurant”

Description: Riad Dar Batha Fes is a wonderful restaurant in Fes medina
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We visited this restaurant and thought it was a lovely restored building with lots of atmosphere. The food was good and plentiful. The service was good but we were almost the only people in the restaurant.

• Visited November 2011

Jackson Heights
“Don't GO!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

It is a tourist trap which guides and riad owners are given some commission. Take a picture of the place.......and run!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Pauly023
Washington DC
“Resting on laurels?”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This place was memorable to my wife and I only because it may be my worst culinary experience in Fez, bearing in mind that I am in Fez often for work and love Moroccan cuisine. I had not been to Dar Batha before and figured I'd give it a go. While I did suspect they served the standard tourist set menu, I hoped that the quality and ambiance would at least set it apart and justify the price. Not remotely. We were shunted off to a stuffy and over-lit room, despite seeing multiple tables in the courtyard sit empty our entire meal. Service was brusque to the point of rudeness. The food was remarkable bad: A dry b'stilla that could have seen service as a frisbee; mechoui that looked and tasted like heap of boiled mutton, "salads" that included a plate of rice and another of diced potatoes, and a dessert of the exact same cookies that I had purchased from a street vendor earlier that day. They also told us that wine was only available by the bottle. Bottom line: For a sumptuous meal and romantic evening, there are a host of better options in Fez. Otherwise, you can easily eat just as well as at this place on the street for a 10th of the cost.

1 Thank kiovanna
“This tucked-away place was recommended by...”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This tucked-away place was recommended by the owner of the Riad we were staying at. Moroccans love food and they are VERY generous with the portions. The food was quite good but the space itself is fantastic (traditional). The prices are very good. Go when there is live music!