Riad Hala
US$78
US$50
US$47
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue gaterooftop terracetop floorbab boujloudmint teahot waterstairs are steeppanoramic viewmedina gateperfect locationmain courtyardbeautiful interiorbeautiful roombreakfast is servedevery morningair conditioningguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Me and my Friends stayed in Riad Hala for two nights and we felt like at home. The stuff was friendly and very helpful. The owner gave us a lot of directions and called for us to licensed guide who showed us Fes.For breakfast - fresh orange juice, crossaints, Moroccan pancakes, coffee and tea, depending on who likes what. In addition, jam and cheese and white bread. Our room had air conditioning, a TV, a wardrobe and a very nice bathroom.
At the top of the riad there is a terrace, where you can see and enjoy the whole medina. It's not a problem to get here. Riad Hala is located in medina but it's really easy to find it. I really recommend it - great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lu2kasz
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We love the place, great room with a nice sofa. Great roof terrace with a view of Fes.
Near the blue gate, lots of food n shops nearby.
We will not hessitate to come back here again.
The people running the hotel is friendly and helpful, no problems at all

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelboy4
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A beautifully restored guest house in a perfect location in the medina. I stayed for four nights- every time I hung out in the central courtyard they brought me tea, juice or coffee. I mentioned to Mohammad, one of the owners, that I was looking to buy a custom fit leather coat and he took me personally to a hole in the wall shop that I never would have found on my own and negotiated a great price on my behalf. He did the same thing the next day when I bought a rug. Super friendly staff- they even sent me off with a packed little breakfast when I had to leave at 3:30 AM for a flight. An absolute gem.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SimonSaysYes
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A lovely old traditional house right in the heart of the Medina. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. We were welcomed at our taxi and our bags were transported to the riad. This is most important, as you would never find it by yourself. Once inside we were welcomed with a glass of mint tea. The tariff is excellent and good value. The rooms are quite spacious, would not call them beautiful but for the price, quite excellent.

Room Tip: Only negative is the stairs which are, as one would expect quite steep and narrow. There are rooms on the ground floor, so if you have a problem with climbing stairs, would recommend taking one of those. The staff did of course, carry our bags up for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarilynandBarry K
Reviewed 16 October 2012

A beautiful house hidden in an alley right next to the big medina gate, even though that does not guarantee that you don't get a bit lost on your way. The staff was very friendly and since they have very few rooms we felt very well taken care of. A haven in an extremely busy place.

The room was beautiful - exotic even, large and clean.

The stairs are steep but the roof terrace offers a quite specatular view of the Medina and the mountains surrounding it. Ask to have your not so spectacular breakfast up there.

Room Tip: Practice your french - or your body lanquage skills. Rooms not on the bottom floor may feel safer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple