“Living in a museum....”

and 1 more site!
Riad Laayoun
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I just spent 4 days at the riad Laayoun and I have to say that this place is more a museum than a hotel. Beautifully restored by an architect and maintained with love by its current owner. It is certainly the most beautiful riad in Fès.

Room Tip: The riad Laayoun is located in the heart of the most beautful and oldest medina in Africa which is c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

The staffmembers speak english very well, are very friendly and are very willing to advise you on your daily activities. Breakfast on the rooftop is fabulous with very nice views of the medina. Sometimes we missed somebody to speak to/ask for information during the day. For rooms without airconditioning and no swimmingpool we had better value rates in during our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

stay for 2 days
thanks for giving helping hands to two asia girls.
feel free in the riad and strongly recommend to friend who are going to stay in FES. ^^
我們共待了兩天,十分感謝SIMON的照顧。兩天中,感覺很自如,房間很乾淨,RIAD的位置也不難容易找。誠意推介~

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We spent a fantastic couple of days at Riad Laayoun - there's little we can add to the already glowing comments on Tripadvisor, except to confirm that Simo (Mohammed) really is the best possible host, Rachida really is a culinary genius and the Riad really is an oasis of calm in this amazing city. You must eat dinner at the Riad at least once (and if you do, you'll never eat anywhere else) - the salads were amazing and the tagine and cous-cous delicious. Breakfast on the roof terrace is unforgettable. Thank you Mohammed and Rachida for a memorable stay!

Richard, Sara and Will (UK)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My partner, son and I arrived on the eve of my 50th birthday to a warm welcome and the beautiful, calm and inviting ambience of this lovely Riad. From our arrival to mint tea and cakes with Jean-Claude and Simo, who made us feel immediately at home, to the delicious dinner Rachida had prepared, we relaxed immediately into our first night in Fes. Simo even wrote a birthday message in icing on my cake! Our room was lovely, and the Riad was spacious, with many inviting areas to chill out. Jean-Claude and Simo attended to our every need with grace and generosity. We would recommend this Riad to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita K
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently spent 5 nights here at Riad Laayoun. I cannot adequately express my gratitude to Jean-Claude, Simo, and Rachida. They really welcomed me into their daily lives with open arms and warm smiles. As I was traveling alone in Morocco, Jean-Claude made an extra effort to make me feel safe and well looked after. He did more than his fair share, I must admit. I am incredibly grateful. I spent time in the kitchen with Rachida, and although I was a terrible mess, we both had some great laughs. Simo is such a warm and inviting individual, and I always appreciated seeing his smiling face in morning at breakfast. The riad is really beautiful. I was immediately charmed by all the details, the space, and by the architectural harmony. You just have to see it for yourself, really. The terrace is wonderful. The view is amazing, and it is a real treat to have breakfast on the terrace. I booked a suite for myself, and I am so happy that I did. The spiral staircase is something else! I loved having an entire sitting area to myself... Truth be told, I knew that I was right at home when I was dropped off at the meeting point. Both Jean-Claude and Simo came to greet the arriving guests, and I just knew that I was in for a real treat... A small piece of advice: organize a walking tour of the medina with a licensed tour guide in your preferred language. Jean-Claude can arrange for a guide to meet you at the riad. I was paired with Fettah, by my request. He was a wonderful guide and gave me an insight to daily life in Fes. I thoroughly enjoyed that experience. As well, Rachida's cooking is quite lovely! I had dinner 3 times at the riad, and each meal was delicious... Really, just treat yourself with a relaxing stay at this riad. You will not regret it!

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

As when it happens to discover something rare and pleasant hidden in the heart of a chaotic city, the same feeling we had when stepping in the simply beautiful Ryad Laayoun in the middle of Fex medina. We spent few days in this ryad treated like royal guests! A place worth staying

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple