“Enchanting experience”

Ranked #93 of 209 Restaurants in Fes
Weymouth
“Enchanting experience”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Like entering the Secret Garden, this Rhiad was reached through a small doorway. What lay behind was amazing - a beautiful courtyard which had been roofed was the restaurant complete with beautiful tiling fountain and live, sympathetic music. The food was delicious. We went as part of a large group but there were other areas tucked away for smaller numbers.

• Visited March 2013

Andorra
“Outstanding restaurant and fascinating Riad”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We had such a great time in Dar El Ghalia restaurant. The Riad is so enchanting! Food was fantastic as well as the service received. We spend a really good dinner with very nice people! Many thanks to all the Staff, specially to Hafid.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank r8freeman
London, England
“Poor food at high prices”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Fes and were sorely disappointed. On the plus side, the setting is beautiful, A lovely riad with a beautiful courtyard. However, the food was of very low quality. Our starters were passable. A very average Harira soup (we had far better elsewhere for less) and nice Moroccan pastries. These were fine but having ordered two meat and a pigeon pastry I was brought one pigeon and two fish. When I asked (politely) if they could change this I was asked by the maitre d (who took our order) why I could not eat fish. I can eat fish, but I simply didn't order it. I would not expect that at a poor restaurant let alone somewhere apparently trading as an upmarket establishment. As a positive the waiter who brought our food was both polite and friendly. This was not, however, the low point. My girlfriend had a pigeon pastilla for the main course. This was tasty but overcooked and very dry. My main course was meant to be chicken and lemon tagine. This is a standard Moroccan dish. The food I received was a chicken carcass with some olives and a little (albeit tasty) sauce. There was barely any meat on the chicken and what there was was unpleasant. Had I been in England I would have had no hesitation in sending it back. Again it was not only below the standard you would expect of a restaurant charging these prices but below the standard of a restaurant charging half the price. We had many good and some excellent meals in Morocco. This was dreadful. Avoid.