There are a few things that make this place great:
1. Location - it's in the heart of the Medina
2. Architecture - the building is a converted old house with a wonderful courtyard, birds chirping in the morning, etc. Sounds like they are expanding.
3. Darwin - the owners' lovely dog
4. The restaurant - terrific food without over-doing it
5. Friendly welcoming service from all who work there
6. Wifi in all rooms (free)
We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great Fez experience. Also, definitely get the full day guided tour of the Medina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the authentic world of the Riad Le Calife, and relish in its harmonious alliance of tradition and modernity. Located in the historical centre of the Medina (old city) of Fez, the Riad is a traditional home of the last century recently converted into a charming guesthouse. The house includes three prestigious suites and four charming rooms, three lounge areas, a well-being space and two terraces with a stunning panoramic view of the Medina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Le Calife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Le Calife Fes
- Riad Le Calife Hotel Fes