dar gnaoua
  • Restaurant
US$367
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Riad Tizwa Fes(Fes)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelocity
US$239
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop terraceexploring fezgreat view of the medinamoroccan tripplace to staybeautiful placestayed nightsfeel at homelaurenceluggagedarachmedheartmoroccotaxiguideinterior
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After walking in the labyrinth of Fes, you enter the luminous patio of Dar Gnaoua. Amhed, the receptionist, was elegant, smiling and very helpful welcomed us, pointed out tips all along the roads to better discover the medina and feel safe and comfortable. Very well restored riad: ceramics, sculpted beam posts, a terrace on the roof to contemplate the mystic city of Fes...the owner, mrs Laurence provides very good tips in a tiny booklet: food, stores, best restaurants, and so on. Very romantic.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I slept in b&b's all over the world; from Tokyo to Kingston and back, but Dar Gnoua is by far the best, most welcoming and beautiful place I've ever slept. The caretaker, mr. Ahmed, is such a lovely man. His french is great, his english sufficient and not only does he serve the best breakfast ever, he will help finding your way around Fes from the moment you arrive.

Make sure you call the dar to pick you up from the airport/bus station, because the house is located right in the middle of the old town, and you will not, I repeat NOT, find the way on your own.

Oh, and did I mention the dar has the best rooftop terrace ever?

Room Tip: We slept in the upper room, next to the rooftop terrace. Plus side is you are on the lovely terrace in no time, and the room is spacious. The view from the bathroom is stunning. Down side could be the steep stairs. Also, as the room is next to the terrace, there isn't much privacy when you open your window shutters.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed in various riads in Morocco during a 10-day holiday and Dar Gnaoua tops the list vis-a-vis location, quality and character of the riad and the hospitality of the team without least mentioning Rashid. The room I and my friend booked opens up to the terrace and the interior takes you back in time. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. Dar Gnaoua highlighted the true ancient Maroc experience well-situated in the Old Fes Medina.

Merci beaucoup once again to Rashid who has helped us with our luggage (it was a no-joke walk from the riad to the parking area), for preparing breakfast and for extending his assistance as best as he could.

Room Tip: choose the room by the terrace.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

During my recent three week visit to Fes, i slept in eleven different riads and dars. Dar el Gnaoua was one of the most beautifully restored of the houses and with great service as well.

The only downside to Dar Gnaoua may be its location as it is right in the middle of the oldest part of Fes medina, but then this is one of the few riads that has an amazing way of marking the path with signs, so it is after all very easy to get to!

The service at this riad was great, with Ahmad and Rachid, both speaking perfect French and English meeting me by the Dar Gnaoua and helping me with everything. They are truly very nice and enjoyable people. Ahmad served me the breakfast on the terrace which was very tasty. The terrace offers a stunning view of the medina!

The room I stayed at was the single room for a great price and it was so cozy! It had a shower and a sink in it, a heater, a small window, comfortable bed and a closet.

I have to say that I felt very good at this place and I think it is worth paying a stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wish we could have stayed longer in this riad, our top floor room was one of the best that we had in our 2 weeks in Morocco. The riad's best feature however were its hosts, who were most helpful and friendly and made our stay truly memorable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple