“Unforgetable”
Review of Ryad Alya

Ryad Alya
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We have been there in June 2012. The riad is located not in the center of the medina but in a quiet street, easy to acces both from the medina or from outside the medina. You won't be lost getting there because they send you someone yo pick you up at the train station. The couryard is enchanting. The terrece has an incredible view. Breakfast is excellent and served by Fatah a very nice fellow,and he understand your English completely even if you have latin accent as I have. they prepare and serve good moroccan food in the terrace , we dined there one night and it was delicious food and Fatah took many pictures of the family. My husband jogged in an nearby park

Room Tip: The suites have a big size and the decoration is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Riad Alya is a magical place. The courtyard is one of the most beautiful things you will see in Fes, so calm, so enchanting. A real dream.

The staff Amin, Halima and Fatah are very friendly and kind, and help you out with everything to make you feel at home and comfortable. The owner Khalid is very nice and a perfect host always making sure that people are having their best time.
Wonderful

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I often stay in this riad and always booked ahead of time. and they repspond very quickly till two weeks ago, I wrote 3 times through email and never heard anything from them. then I phoned directly spoke to Amine who told me he would answer me the next day. I had not heard from him, so I called the same number but this time was a lady called Halima, she was very rude saying never heard anything from me then hang off the phone. I heard they have changed the management, so the service quality is dropped. I even called the phone number in France, but no answered. its such a pitty that such a good hotel just because the bad service. I might give it another go next time. hoping this is a total a one time bad experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hotmaori
filala, Propriétaire at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Mr,

we thank you for your comment, and for coming regularly to our Ryad Alya.
As you may know, the Ryad Alya welcomes everybody. Nevertheless, an increasing customers'number books rooms in our Ryad. Therefore, we advise you to book your next room as soon as possible. You can call our direct number 00212 535 63 3044, or write to contact@fes-ryadalya.com
Feel free and welcome to come to our Ryad Alya, a space of peace and relax, amid the wonderful city of Fez.
The Manager, and the Ryad Alya team

Reviewed 12 April 2012

During our 15 days in Morocco, we stayed in a total of 5 Riads throughout the country, all rated well on Trip Advisor. Alya was by far our favorite in every possible way.
Staff were attentive, generous and actually cared about our daily plans and wellbeing. Any request or question we had was immediately responded to (above and beyond!).

Our trip plans included a trip around Morocco starting in Casablanca and ending in Chefchaouen. We actually thought about altering our initial plans JUST to stay longer at Ryad Alya and so that we could end our trip on such a blissful high!

Thanks to all the staff at Ryad Alya for making it such a wonderful trip!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Tiznit room - as 2 friends travelling it is not always easy to find accomodations with...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

this riad is most of beautiful, oldest and stylish riad, that we choose it ourselves with my husbend.The owner and hes wife - wonderful, helpful and calm people. Personal - like from "1000 and 1 night" tales, just - abracadabra - and your wish is real :) The location is realy perfect - all Medina and attractions is near :) You have nice antiquarian piano, but you must reconcile him. I was very hapy to play for you all and for your guests :) Thanks for everything to all working there!

Room Tip: every rooms is like in museum - you can't choose incorrect, not good room :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saule G
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My first impression of Morocco was shown to me at Ryad Alya - on our first night and thereafter we would always be welcomed by the owner "Khalid" with a warm welcome as if for the first time - likewise his staff "Amin" and "Halima" were very helpful in getting us a tourguide for the Medina and giving us directions to places we wanted to visit - and of course there was "Fatah" who served us breakfast every morning and the dinners we ate at the Ryad, Fatah speaks almost fluent English, so amidst the language barrier, here you have someone who explains to you every dish you will eat and with a story behind it, it's amazing ! ! ! Ryad Alya is beautiful, the mosaic art in the courtyard and Suites are just breathtaking. Will definitely stay at Ryad Alya on my next trip to Fes, Morocco.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I highly recommend this Ryad. Right in the Medina - you can experience the atmoshpere of Fes. The Ryad has beautiful architecture and decoration with courtyard in the middle, teracce on the roof from where you have amazing view of the city and Medina. The service was excellent, the dinner excellent, breakfast excellent :) Thanks Fatah.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends