Ryad Alya
Official Site
US$1,488
US$224
Agoda.com
All reviewscasablanca suiteexpensive roominterior gardenprivate hammamcooking classthe ownerroof terracepastillasecond homemint teahammam experienceorange treesevery morningstayed longerthe entire staffbeautiful propertytrain station
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had an amazing experience at this riad, one of the best places we have visited, we felt at home, I made these trip with my mom and we were treated like queens, everything was very nice and always the people was worried that we pass an incredible time, especially Cohen hassan, he is the best, he take care of us and was very gentile , I highly recommend this riad, everything was magical, spa, food, attention, helping us at all, The best of morocco.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It was our first time in Morocco which we visited with our 6 year old son.We had a lovely time especially from kind care received at the Ryad Alya from the Ryads manager Hassan and all his staff.The food was great eventhough our son didn't like eveything he still tried it! A great experience in Fes for all of us.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I took my mother to Fes for her birthday, and wanted to find a lovely Ryad to stay in as it was our first time visiting Morocco for both of us. And Ryad Alya didn't disappoint - It is Stunning!
The courtyard is just beautiful, and peaceful. So lovely having breakfast there, amongst the orange trees, and in the evening it's nicely lit up creating a lovely place for dinner. Our room was perfect, the Ourzazate room. As I was with my mother, this room was great as the beds are on opposite sides of the room, and there is a curtain to divide it so it feels more like two rooms.
The bathroom was lovely, really good shower!
There is a beautiful terrace on the roof, which provides stunning views over Fes, a really nice place to take some afternoon mint tea!
It's also really near the entrance to the Medina, perfect location!
What really makes this place special is the welcoming and friendly staff. Hassan, the manager, really puts in every effort to make you feel welcome, and is really attentive to anything you might still need to plan for your trip. In fact all the team are just so nice. We had chats with everyone! The waiters, Zouhir and (I forget the other guy's name, sorry!) are super nice, and Suka (Again not sure if I've spelt her name right, and this is the shortened version of her name!) is also really lovely and helpful. Truly one of the best customer service experiences i've had! Although 'customer service' sounds a bit odd here, as essentially you are made to feel at home, so you feel less like a customer, and more like a guest - if that makes sense! We also met the owner, who is also really nice and obviously cares a lot about the Ryad and about the guests' experience there and in Fes.
We ended up having dinner at the Ryad every night, just because it was so delicious!! Prepare to be very well fed! Also, the breakfasts are huge! And delicious, something slightly different every day. And the best orange juice I've EVER tasted!
Also, the hammam was amazing!
Basically we had such a lovely time, and Ryad Alya was definitely a major factor in this. I would definitely recommend this place to friends!

One thing I will mention, we went on a day excursion to the Middle Atlas Mountains, and Hassan helpfully organised our driver for us. We enjoyed it, but I would recommend researching what you really want to see on the day trips, as we had a couple stops along the way that we could have happily skipped. However, it was still great and got to see a lot of great things too!

Hope this is helpful!!

Room Tip: If not in a couple, the twin rooms with the beds far apart are great, as they practically divide into two rooms with a central curtain.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank COCOCJSO
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Not only is it beautiful and detailed beyond words, but the team there is kind, warm, and makes you feel sincerely like family right away. I came here with two friends to do some photography work and make a video while in Fes and Morocco. We were all super-impressed and could not get over how wonderful everything was. I stayed in Morocco for about three weeks, and this was absolutely my favorite Ryad. In fact, we liked it so much that we made a video that is currently in production that shows the Ryad during bits of it. Maybe by the time you get see this, it will be out — Just Google "Trey Ratcliff and SmugMug and Morocco" and you'll see some of it in there!

Thanks again to Hassan and the incredible team there. Really so amazing — unforgettable!! :)

Room Tip: I stayed in two different suites. Both. Incredible. I also saw the other non-suite rooms which were also very nice!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Staying at Ryad Alya was a highlight of our trip to Morocco. First, it is gorgeous, from the courtyard where meals are served, to the terrace overlooking the city. Second, the food is excellent. We even took a cooking lesson in the Ryad kitchen, which was so much fun. Third, the Ryad is everything you would want in a hotel -- clean, quiet, comfortable, perfect location, excellent concierge assistance in setting up outings. But most important, the staff makes the experience special. From Hassan the manager, who repeatedly went out of his way to make sure our stay was perfect, to Zuhir whose delightful presence enriched each meal, to the women in the spa who treated us to a rejuvenating hammam, the entire staff was professional, warm, welcoming, and competent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family