“Just perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Alicante, Spain
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

A perfect location near walking distance to the Medina, the hotel or more like 'guesthouse' offers you all the luxury you can wish. Nice fresh & large rooms in typical style, free wi-fi... We discovered it's very nice dining facilities with dinner on the sunroof terrace with it's amazing view over the Medina: unique! Very discrete and helpful staff. And then Fes itself, well what can I say, they call it : Fes, la mystérieuse... and it truly is. Let the city discover you and with all of it's charm you will start loving it, no doubt!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

My friend and I stayed at Ryad Alya for three nights. The hotel was fantastic! The ambiance was perfect. We got an authentic Moroccan experience without being overwhelmed by the old Medina. The location is fabulous (near Batha Place).

We loved the decor, the staff, the service, the food, the tours, everything! I can't think of one bad thing to say, which is surprising. I have traveled the world many times over and stayed in many different kinds of hotels and it is rare that I gush....well unless I am staying at the Four Seasons! :)

Ryad Alya is the Four Seasons of Fez.! Thanks guys! Nicole and Cynthia

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

It is a new refurbished Riad with a very good taste. We stay just one night but we just can say that our stay it’s been amazing. Excellent personal, excellent location nearby the medina, excellent rooms, excellent restaurant. We really recommend it!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
swallow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

Eventhough we could not stay at Riad Alya, because it was fully booked when we knocked at the door, Jamil, on of the Employees, went out of his way to find us a pleasant alternative, walked us to the other Riad and also organized our airport and bus transfers for the next day. I was also allowed to print my boarding pass there and we could transfer all our photos as this was the only place with working computers and printers. We decided to come back for dinner and had the best Moroccan salads of our whole trip. The chicken tajine was also exceptional. Everything was explained to us beautifully and we felt like staying with friends! The next time we are in Fez we will definitely book in advance to stay here! Thanks Jamil for your exceptional customer service!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

it is a recently renewed ancient Riad in the Medina near to Batha. it's not in the caos of the Souk but very near to go by feet! the place is magic...the suites are amazing and the rooms are very nice!
they serve you a huge and luxurious breakfast every morning in the beatiful patio that is inside the Riad. it is also possible to have meals and spa.
the service is perfect and kind! we have never seen such clean rooms!
really a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Monza
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

I am Italian (from Milan), but I am writing this in english because I think I could reach a wider audience with my review.

I found out this RIad almost unknown in internet (because it's new), thanks to my cousin that was here for a tea last summer in her visit to Fez. She adviced me how nice and relatively cheap it was, for the palace and everything she could had a glance to. But I did not think so nice!

My room was Suite Casablanca, so big, with a giant Jacuzzi, mosaique and silk everywhere. Never been in a place like this before. They also have a terrace where you can have breakfast with a beatiful view of Medina (see pic attached)

The service was excellent: 5 people just for me and my wife that maybe were one of the first couple to have the occasion to sleep there.

Also breakfast and lunch a dinner (that I tried twice) are definitely good and in a beautiful surrounding.

I also tried hammam with gommage and massage. Very clean and new. And I had an intersting cooking class.

Definitely worth it: now it is really a nice value for the money as I could see comparing it to other Riad in Fez.

Fez is wonderful: if you need a good guide (and you need 'cause it' a labyrinth out of the Ruad) ask the manager: she found me an excellent guide with perfect english and literature teacher... He brought me to great shop except for one: do not buy carpets in the Medina! I told YA. Buy scarves, buy tea, buy plates, buy leather, not carpets if you are not an expert. They are too good at selling, you will never get a bargain!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple