“Unfortunately I have to make a bad review about this place.”
Review of Dar el Yasmine

Dar el Yasmine
Ranked #26 of 212 Fes B&B and Inns
Duisburg, Germany
“Unfortunately I have to make a bad review about this place.”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I've booked a room to stay there for two nights, and I've sent an email a few days before I get there to confirm my reservation, unfortunately when I got there the owner took me to another place, and I could not enjoy Der el Yasmine hospitality and atmosphere. I think they should organize more themselves because I saw they doing the same to a lot of people. Definitely this is not fair. You make a reservation based on reviews and photos you've seen on the internet and when you get there you get some thing different. First he took me to a horrible place where definitely I was not gonna stay, then I told him I was gonna look for another place, and he took me to somewhere a bit better. It was a pity because I saw people who were staying at Dar el Yasmine having such a good time, since the staff there is always around and the place seems to be nice, but staying in another place really disappointed me. And I've payed the same amount for a place which should be cheaper, since they didn't offer the same quality for your staying.

Room Tip: Try to make sure you are gonna stay in this place, because usually they make a lot of reservations...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Cesar A
darelyasmine, Manager at Dar el Yasmine, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
sorry about that ,we have two guest house ,they both belong to us ,about yor reservation they couple they supose to leave in the day you arrive but one of them get sick and they ask to stay another night .
we are doing our best to manage the reservation ,our place have a good reputation and lot of people they want stay in our first place ,there is some website of reservation even if you put you are full they send you more reservation if they don't have any reservation in this day .
that's seldom to happen even if that's happen we gave for our guest the opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of dar el yasmine ,they can came any time drink a mint tea...and relax in the roof terasse ,use internet....
we are sorry again for that and thanks for your notice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Loule, Portugal
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Dar el Yamine is the perfect example of Moroccan hospitality and their characteristic warm welcome. We arrived in the middle of the night and were met by a taxi at the airport (just let them know the day before you arrive that you need to be picked up) and then Mhamed and Moustafa met us at the Medina gate to guide us to Dar el Yasmine.

We enjoyed a wonderful week staying in a comfortable room, with ensuite bathroom. Breakfast every morning was delicious (even if you sleep late!), and someone was always ready to make us a mint tea at anytime of the day or night.

The staff are friendly and helpful, and will arrange any trips to the desert, or to surrounding areas easily. We took an afternoon trip to nearby Sefrou, and the taxi driver guided us around Bahlil, showing us the cave dwellers and a short walk to the waterfall which was lovely.

My only regret is that I had to leave!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My two friends and I had a lovely stay at Dar el Yasmine, that made our stay in Fez completely worth it. Though we were feeling somewhat sick by our second day in Fez, Mohammed, Mustafa, and Aziz were all extremely nice and helpful. Highly recommend cooking with them- so fun. They are also extremely helpful for scheduling guides, day trips, etc. Just hanging out in the riad getting to know them and other guests was what made our stay so wonderful. They are truly buena gente, know how to relax and enjoy themselves.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Avery E
Fes, Morocco
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I made a big mistake. I booked five nights at this riad at first but after staying at three different riads before arriving while in Marrakech and also my first days in Fez (one that had top ratings?!), I canceled and booked only two before arriving for fear of smoke/noise/dirtiness like the previous places. Like I said, big mistake.

This riad was beyond my expectations and I had a great stay...so much so that after I left to stay elsewhere, I still came here every day to hang out.

The location couldn't be more ideal if you want to spend time exploring the labyrinth Medina. It's literally 2 minutes from Bab Boujloud to catch a taxi to go elsewhere but it's also a minute into the medina's entrance so you get the start of the action. I had no trouble finding it but as I use the carpet shop as my landmark for the turn into the alley, when that shop is closed, I end up passing a few meters by it.

My room was huge; there was hot water and the shower were great, it wasn't too noisy (I was shamefully, probably the loudest one at this point) and the best part was meeting the staff.

If you choose to stay here, enjoy Mustapha's delicious homemade meals (ordering food here is better than a restaurant). Make sure you wear sunscreen for Muhammed's brilliant and genuine smiles. And enjoy some fascinating Fessian stories and perspectives from Aziz who is an old soul; wise and worldly for his age. You will adore everyone here...and I can't forget the sweet cleaning lady too!!

They have a nice terrace and even better, a tent where I spent most of my time sipping on mint tea and getting to know the staff and some of the other guests.

You can wash laundry here, there is good wifi and they are good with letting you store things in their fridge.

And since I canceled three days, just wanted to make note that I had no problems doing it at all. They honored my cancelation without issue.

I don't have any con to list but noted that the price for the riads in Fez were higher than Marrakech...but Fez is supposedly the second most expensive city after Rabat. Still, it was reasonable and well worth it. I've added 9 photos to preview. Have fun!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank RunawayRainbow
Poitiers, France
Reviewed 17 May 2012

im student in france and from korea. I went to morocco in the first week of may with my friends. at first, it is hard to find the hostel in medina. fortunately, we met the manager of the hostel in the medina. the hostel is located near the blue gate, which is entrance of medina. we loved this hostel becuz staffs are so friendly, we had many meals together, we could meet new people in the hostel. also the guide in the hostel was satisfactory. Anyway you will need a guide for medina tour, so i think it would be better just follow the guide in the hostel. while we stayed in the hostel, we felt that we are in safe and cozy place like home. i miss the place and people there and hope to go there again.

Room Tip: have free wifi
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank chsw38
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Staff, atmosphere, all including the room of the hotel were really good. I traveled alone, but was able to spend very happy time. I was able to spend happy time with the staff and other guests. I will be to visit this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Kiev, Ucrania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I would like to share my experience with Dar El Yasmine which wasn’t pleasant at all.

My friend and I arrived to Fes having booked a double room for one night in this Dar because we had seen many good opinions about it. But on the arrival we were accommodated in another hotel nearby and due to the prices there were charged approx. 10 Euros less than we were supposed to be charged in Dar El Yasmine. I didn’t mind being put to another hotel, since we were very content with the service offered there. However, on the next day we received an e-mail notifying of no-show in Dar El Yasmine. As I was afraid I would be fully charged for that, we turned to the management of Dar El Yasmine. They admitted that they had made the mistake notifying the booking.com about the no-show and promised to fix it "postponing" the reservation for the other day.

The most unpleasant moment however resulted to be when we were about to leave the place we were accommodated in - the manager of Dar El Yasmine arrived claiming that we should pay the full amount that was shown on my reservation because that was HIS mistake and WE should be comprehensive though we had already paid our bill in the other hotel. After we said that we had already paid, he claimed that we should be comprehensive and that he had to pay the commissions etc and insisting much almost making us get late to the bus. WTF??? We paid this additional amount, since we were in a hurry to leave on a bus and didn´t feel like getting into a discussion. But in my opinion, the hotel management shouldn’t charge customers for the mistakes made by THEM.

The other thing was that the staff of Dar el Yasmine always offered us city guides, places to eat and buy stuff where they without any doubt would get commission, and if we didn’t accept, they spied us and asked how was the place we had gone to (which wasn’t suggested by them).

All in all, I feel very disappointed with the behaviour and treatment given to us by the management.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends