“A beautiful Riad in Fez”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Andalib

Riad Andalib
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Stonegate, United Kingdom
“A beautiful Riad in Fez”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I can only agree with the other reviews of this Riad.
It is absolutely beautiful and, as we stayed there in January, I can only imagine how lovely it would be in sprng when the roof is open and the all the flowers are in bloom.
The owner Reibal, couldn't have been more gracious and helpful. He advised us on where to go and where to eat although we had a delicious dinner there on our first night in our own private 'salon' off the dining area.
It was cold during the night but there was adequate heating in our luxurious bedroom and our bathroom was great with 'two' basins.
Reibal took great pride in showing us around his hotel which was his original family home years ago and took him six years to renovate it from a ruin. He also spoke perfect english having lived in Canada for several years.
Everything is hand made from the plastering, carving, and the decor. It really is a labour of love.
I highly recommend this Riad and also this exotic city of Fez. The Medina amazing and don't forget to visit New Fez which will remind you of many Parisien streets.
I think Spring time will be the best time to visit.
Enjoy !!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here for three nights just after Christmas. The riad is absolutely beautiful! The rooms are quite large, the staff was excellent, and the location perfect. Our party of four had two rooms, one single and one triple (although both rooms had two large beds) and had plenty of space. The rooms are thoughtfully decorated and very sumptuous, and even included robes in the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and each room had a TV, safe, and complimentary fruit basket. The riad has been painstakingly restored and is well-decorated in an elegant manner. We loved coming in every night and sitting by the fire with a drink in hand. The breakfast was bountiful and the service extremely attentive (almost too attentive at times!). We had dinner there one night as well and I can honestly say it was my best meal in Morocco. They also have a great wine list. The location is also good and it's just a short walk to Bab Rcif. In short, I highly recommend this riad and would definitely stay there again. Thank you to Reibal and his staff for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: The beds in our rooms were large and our 12-year old appreciated not having to sleep on a converted...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jkennedy10
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed at five different places during our recent trip to Morocco and the Riad Andalib was our favorite. First of all, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. And the showers actually have doors (a rarity in Morocco!). We felt relaxed in our room without being cocooned in some overly Westernized hotel far from the city center. The best aspect of our stay was Reibal Idrissi, the owner and manager. He made us feel welcome and helped us orient ourselves. Reibal is straightforward, friendly, and helpful. This was our first time in Morocco and we were so happy to have stayed at his place. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Our every need was attended to at this newly renovated Riad. Reibal has spent the last several years redoing this property next to a gate at an entrance to the old Medina. He has elected to stay close to the traditional Moorish design but added a modern flair. His attention to detail was most impressive. Access to the Riad is direct from the street (which made it so convenient). Meals and service are available at your request. The food was excellent traditional Moroccan. There is a bar and nice wine list. Our host freely offered to arrange guides, drivers, restaurants, and utilized his staff to purchase train tickets. The Riad only opened this year and is off to a wonderful beginning. We were sorry to leave and plan to return. This has spoiled us for other hotel stays.....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to complete a review on our Riad.
I am thrilled that you were happy with your experience at our Riad and that our staff was able to assist you. I am also very glad to hear that you slept comfortably, enjoyed our hotel’s décor and food. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My Family and I have ust returned form a 5 night stay in Fez. We stayed at the Raid Andalib. I read the reviews before I booked the riad and thought there must be a catch but there were none. The raid was spectacular! It was beyond my expectations from the minute we arrived we felt so welcomed . We were greeted with a refreshing mint tea and pastries and then a tour of the raid was given by Reibal the charming owner. The accomodation was very comfortable, it had all we required. There was complimentary fruit and water in the rooms, The breakfast was very tasty and the service excellent. The staff were very polite , warm and caring of our needs.
The location of the Riad, the staff , the food ,It was all first class. I have no hesitation in recommending this Riad and am sure no-one will be disappointed. We would like to say a big "Thank You " to Reibal, Yousef and the staff at the Riad Andalib.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have been to Morocco many times, but this was by FAR my best experience. From the food to the dream-like accomodations; Riad Andalib surpassed my expectations. I had been 2 years ago when it was still under construction and to see the breathtaking results was undescribable. The staff was curteous and the owner charming. We had the chance to eat like royalty while taking in picturesque scenery for one week straight. The contrast between the hussle and bussle of the Medina and the serenity of the Riad brings a smile to my face. Each room has its own charm and you cannot help but feel like you've stolen a piece of the city with you. The colors & decor truly give you the Moroccan escape you are looking for while maintaining the modern touch we all deserve while on vacation. I can personally promise you the trip of your life if you stay at Riad Andalib, the owner will make sure everything is taking care and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy Morocco.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karine2602
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the glowing review! I'm thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in fez and at Riad Andalib. It means a great deal when our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you so much for sharing your high opinion of me with other travellers. On behalf of the staff thank you for your trust and your support.
I will look forward to welcoming to Fez in the future. Well wishes to you and your freinds.
With kind regards,
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have recently returned from a fantastic stay in Morocco with my parents and a friend, and perhaps the highlight of our trip was staying at the beautiful Riad Andalib alone. It has been lovingly restored by the extremely hospitable owner, Reibal, and we were instantly made to feel at home on arrival by the wonderful staff. I was staying in the ambassador's suite, which was extremely spacious and comfortable. The riad is ideally situated at the edge of the medina in R'cif, meaning it can be accessed directly by car unlike many of the other riads in Fez which are within the medina and often difficult to find. This meant it was easy to arrive from the airport and to catch a taxi or the bus when necessary. It offers a peaceful escape from the intensity, drama and excitement of the medina, though its close proximity to the city centre meant our holiday combined both adventure and relaxation. The food was some of the best we ate during our holiday in Morocco, and the breakfast was slightly different each morning. We also ate at the riad in the evening, and the food was excellent- I would reccommend the pastilla- a local speciality that the owner kindly allowed us to help prepare with the chef, Naima, in the SPOTLESSLY clean kitchen. The service at the hotel was second to none, and all the staff were extremely friendly and attentive. They were always willing to go that extra mile to make our experience extra special. An example of this was when we were slightly peckish during the day, though not hungry enough to eat a full meal, one of the staff even went to a shop to buy us some potato chips! The pool was perfect for cooling off after exploring Fez in the midday sun, and the roof terrace was ideal for sunbathing. The owner kindly helped to organise an excursion to Meknes, Volubilis and Moulay Idriss for us in a chauffeur driven air conditioned car (with seatbelts!). This was an excellent day out with a knowledgeable and English-speaking driver. I would reccommend to those planning to stay at the riad to contact the owner in advance in order to arrange a private car to pick you up from the airport- it is much safer, more comfortable and only 30 dirhams (£2.30) more expensive than the set rate for the airport-city centre taxis which were slightly scary!
All that I would suggest to improve the riad would be to offer fresh fruit at breakfast, and to maybe sell nuts and crisps for those feeling peckish during the day!
Thanks again Reibal and all the wonderful staff for an excellent stay! Keep In touch! Love from George (Chef Ramsay!)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this top-notch review! We greatly appreciate your feedback as well as your suggestions. I have relayed your compliments to our entire team and specifically the chef mentioned in this review. We are all very happy that you had such a memorable stay and look forward to seeing you again!
With kind regards,