“stay here! Do not look any where else”
Review of Hotel Bab Boujloud

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bab Boujloud
Ranked #182 of 226 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I usually don't right reviews but I have to go out of my way to say this is absolutely the best place to stay in fes. It is conveniently located right outside of the big gate to the medina. My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights and loved it! It's safe, clean and the staff is amazing. DO NOT MISS the morning breakfast on the roof top, it overlooks the entire medina and allows you to really take in the essence of what fes has to offer.

Room Tip: It gets loud at night for a few hours but you have to expect that anywhere. This hotel is on the Mai...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The location can't get better! Located right at bab boujloud so you know you'll always find your way back because everyone knows where it is. The management was pretty helpful and nice. The rooms were small and dark, and pretty clean. The bathroom was tiny! Can get pretty loud at night as well. Breakfast was included and nothing special. Overall would stay again simply because it is so conveniently located!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank parkh25
Reviewed 4 February 2014

stayed here for 2 nights - the rooms are comfortable and clean. They are a bit dated, but the place is very good value for money. My Lonely Planet said there were no en-suites, but it must be out of date, as I had the cheapest room and had an ensuite. The location is great, right on the edge of the Medina, and there's a great selection of street food stalls not far away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Located literally outside the main doors to the old Medina in Fez. We felt like everything was a short walk away.
Hotel rooms were v clean, bathroom little small and in need of a bit of an update but clean and adequate. We only stayed a night but we were v happy with this hotel.
Wifi was good and staff helpful.
We would stay here again happily.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I got a single room for 150 dirhams a night. It was booked through a local school where I was studying.

The room was the size of a large closet. Certainly smaller than most dorm rooms or jail cells. Barely enough room for the bed and a small side table. The bathroom was dirty, extremely cramped, and smelled terrible. Loud noises from both within and outside the hotel at almost all hours. The internet did not work reliably.

The only reason this did not receive a "terrible" rating was the low price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I checked out from Riad Tomboukto Fes and came straight here after reading from LonelyPlanet Morocco without reservation. Showed him the guide book for the rate and had a room for 200dh per night...

The room was big enough for one. One queen bed. A cupboard and the toilet just three steps away.

TV with almost 100 channels... Fox movie and other movies too to keep you company at the wee hours especially a female solo traveller like me who locked inside after 9 pm.

The toilet super small... It's hard for me to move. The shower area is quite run down and not appealing so I hard to use my slippers to bathe. Otherwise it's Ok.

Breakfast is simple.

The wifi, you need to try coz the one that the receptionist suggested didnt work and he hard to tap to another network and that only accessible with password only he knows so I let him set it up.

I stayed there for two nights.
Just outside the blue entrance of the Medina. It's a good bargain.

Good for a budget traveller...

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank NurAkmar
Reviewed 7 December 2012

When I arrived at this hotel my reservation was not honored, even though I'd already paid a down-payment. The front desk clerk was openly hostile and unhelpful and said that I could only have the room if I paid five times the rate that I'd been quoted online. Of course I refused, but that left me stranded in a strange city. Unacceptable behavior. Book at your own risk!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo