“Great place to be!”

Ranked #39 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Basel, Switzerland
“Great place to be!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had a wonderful time in this very beautiful riad. Unfortunately Miriam wasn't there these days but her father Abdul did a great job. We had a lot of fun and I'm sure he had too... :)

We really recommend you to eat at the riad sometime because the dinners are great there and even low priced. Breakfast is very good too with a lot of different things.

It's a good idea to have a guide the first time you walk around Fès as it's really difficult to find the way home. It took us over one hour searching before we found it - even with GPS from an iphone. :)

Long story short: It's a great place if you visit Fès. If you want really beautiful room take one of the suites.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Big_Berny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was the first riad I stayed at in Morocco and it set the standard for the rest of the trip. It is in the medina but easily located from outside the walls. It is cool, quiet and lovely respite from the wild clamor and business of the medina. Miriam Guennoun is a friendly, warm, kind hostess who made sure I was comfortable and well-taken care of. The inside was a complete surprise after the brown stucco of the alleyways. Nearly every surfacei s covered in the mosaic tile the Moroiccans are famous for. At the center of the downstairs area a small fountain made a quiet soothing sound to accompany our meals. The food is exquisite and served in Moroccan style on low tables as we sat on plush couches.. My room was large, luxurious and comfortable without being pricey. Since it was the off-season, there weren't many guests and I was made to feel like family. I was invited to use the office computer and would go in with my glass of wine to check my mail just as I do at home. I will go back. I cannot conceive of anyone not being satisfied.

Room Tip: They're all good, but if you have breathing difficulties, ask for a ground level room. The stair...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Patlarose
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The absolute highlight of my trip to Fes with this Riad and my hostess/proprietor Miriam. I was greeted by a driver at the train station. From the moment I arrived at the Riad I felt like royalty. Gorgeous, serene, authentic are just a few words to describe the physical structure. Kind, attentive, warm, funny, darling are my words to describe Miriam and her team. Whatever you need, Miriam will take care of that need. The food is delicious, the rooms very comfortable and the roof deck a wondrous place to start or end your day. Don't miss out, book ahead.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank julsfs
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Upon arrival we were welcomed by Miriam and the staff with mint tea and cookies in a charming, candlelit atmosphere... The ryad is like a scene from 1001 nights - beautiful decoration, pillows everywhere and a small fontain in the middle. Our room (sophia) was not very large, but also nicely decorated,cosy and equipped with airco and tv. Cleanliness was perfect. Our stay was perfect,with only these minor remarks : it was a bit cold in the entire ryad (although the staff was always there with small gas heaters) and like in most other ryads you can hear noise from inside and outside... But again : these are details. Breakfast was very good,as was the dinner we enjoyed our first evening (although you can always find cheaper meals elsewhere). In short : we definitely recommend this place !

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Kim_Jorgen
canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the begining of Jan 2012 for 3 nights. The riad is close to the Bab Rcif gate of the old medina - walking distance about 5 minutes. When we first entered the riad we honestly thought that we came to the wrong riad - it was too good to be true for the low cost. Our suite was absolutely stunning, with a huge bed and beautiful washroom all with moroccan style decor (just bring your own toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, etc). The food - OMG - totally out of this world. Let me tell you we had already spent many days in marrakech eating there, and travelling from marrakech to fes by car, eating at many restaurants - the food we had in marrakech was bland, and GROSS!!! Even i make a more flavourful couscous/tajine (in Canada!!) BUT, we decided to give the food at the riad a try after a tourist highly recommended it (we had other plans to go elsewhere). I AM SO GLAD WE TRIED THE FOOD. For 3 nights straight we ate at the riad, lamb, chicken, kefta, pastille, everything was truly divine with the freshest ingredients. It was definitely more costly than other places in Fes, but we figured that if its costing us the same as a meal back home, and was always much better than oh well its worth it. Breakfast (which was free), was also amazing and basically filled you up until dinner (french toast, crepes, bread, cheese).

Sorry for the rambling, but i guarantee you that if you book this riad you will not be disappointed at all!

If we ever go to Fes again I will be 100% booking this riad.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maldiveswisher
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed here over the new year & were really impressed from the welcome miriam & her staff . The riad is small & intimate and well decorated . The food coming out of the kitchen was delicious the best we had in morroco . There's a lovey terrace with views over the medina . If going for a day trip out of fes miriam was happy to organize ! And make sure you ask for mohamed ( the kindest guide we've had on our stays in morrocco ! )

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Persil1
Ikeda-shi, Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Made this Riad and Fez my last stop in morocco during a short multi-city trip around spain and morocco. We were a curious group of three who would not hesitate to wonder and get lost in the medina given the chance and we chose this Riad based on the excellent reviews on trip advisor and on the close proximity to the medina.

After having stayed there for two nights, I left feeling that I should have definitely made it a much longer stay. Miriam made sure everything associated with my stay there was perfect (from guides, arranging for taxis, and anything I could possibly imagine) and furthermore, she made sure that I made the most of my short stay. Also, I loved every single second I spent in the Riad and with Miriam and her dad. They were a wealth of information and had the most thoughtful advice on anything imaginable. Through every gesture and the attention that they paid to me and my friends, I could really tell they truly care about our complete satisfaction not only with the Riad, but also with any surrounding adventures waiting to happen in and around Fez.

Finally, and what impressed me and my friends the most about this beautiful Riad, was the food. OH MY GOD the food. I have no words to express how amazing it was. It was the best I had in the whole morocco. PLEASE by all means do me a favor and indulge yourself in the delicacies offered by the incredible kitchen at the Riad.

Overall, an outstanding is waiting for you at this Riad. I will give it my strongest recommendation to friends and family alike. I cant say my experience in morocco would have been as amazing as it was had I not stayed here.

Rodney

Room Tip: Juliet is amazing! It transported me back to what it must have felt to be a nobleman in Fez!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends