“Lovely hosts, beautiful dar”
Review of Dar Hafsa

Dar Hafsa
Ranked #7 of 99 Hotels in Fes
los angeles
“Lovely hosts, beautiful dar”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at Dar Hafsa. Kharim, the owner, his daughter Miriam and his employee Mohammed were all wonderful and friendly hosts. They were very responsive to our initial email inquiries as well as during our stay. The room we had was on the top floor and had beautiful colorful rugs and tapestries. The dar (or house) itself is also beautiful with all the mosaics and high ceiling. The rooftop was also a perfect place to have a view of the medina below, which we found to be especially magical around sunset and during the call for evening prayers. The daily breakfasts were carb centric - Kharim's wife made 7 types of breads each day - but were very tasty. The wifi worked very well downstairs although was a bit spotty in our top floor room and the rooftop. Overall, Dar Hafsa was a great and affordable place to stay.

2 Thank sazyrock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

It is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best place I have stayed in Morocco, the place is clean, beautifully decorated in Moroccan style, with a lovely terrance giving a great view of the Medina of Fes. The raid is well located in the heart of Fes Medina, so you can go any of the famous sightseeing spots including the tannery easily by walking. The owner of the raid is also very helpful, not only did he help us to get rid of the greedy taxi driver that drove us there, he also showed us around the medina, helped us to get to get the tickets for bus, and gave very valuable advice for our trip. They even serves the best breakfast as well as mint tea I have ever have in Morocco! Seldom do I write a review for the the place I had stayed in, but this raid do deserve an "Excellent"!!! I would recommend this raid without any reservation!

1 Thank Roger L
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Dar Hafsa is one of the best hotels I've stayed at while abroad. The service is absolutely spectacular. The owner, Abdul Kareem is a gentleman who goes out of his way to make sure every aspect of his hotel is satisfactory for the customer. His service provides an amazing breakfast spread each morning that is unlike anything I have ever experienced before. They are also very prompt in cleaning the rooms and proving fresh linens and towels. The rooms are very nice and bathrooms have constant hot water for shower and the sink. I would absolutely recommend Dar Hafsa to any and all traveling to Fez and looking for an authentic experience.

1 Thank Connort35
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 February 2014

All in all this was by far the best place that I have stayed at in Morocco! The service is great! The food is even better! The owner is extremely helpful in organizing tours and showing great places to eat! To top it all off there is a great roof top balcony that over looks Fez and the beautiful Moroccan country side!! This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joseph787
Dijon, France
Reviewed 8 February 2014

While planning my quick, three day trip to Fes, I was at a loss for how to arrive at Dar Hafsa from the airport, as I was arriving at 11:30 PM. I contacted Dar Hafsa and they assured me that it was not a problem and arranged pickup from the airport which brought us into Fes and to the Blue Gate. At the Blue Gate, one of the employees was waiting for us to take us the rest of the way to the Riad. And when we arrived we were warmly welcomed and shown to our wonderful room.
The breakfast in the morning was such a highlight! I am not exaggerating when I say we would go to bed looking forward to it! Ten very different types of bread (with jam, honey, butter, and cheese at your choosing), along with a boiled egg, olives, fresh orange juice, coffee, and AMAZING tea kept us going through our long and busy days!
Overall, my stay at Dar Hafsa is, without a doubt, the best stay I have ever had in all my years of travel. The staff could not be kinder or more helpful! If you are looking for a place to stay in Fes, you will not be disappointed here!

1 Thank wheresthegelato
Dijon, France
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Having never been to Morocco, I was really nervous. Luckily, we chose the best place to stay! The entire staff was so helpful and kind, and truly went above and beyond for us. The manager booked wonderful excursions for us at great prices. Both the excursions were great. The rooms were beautiful and the entire riad is done in a lovely moroccan style. The room was incredibly clean and comfortable. The riad could not have been in a better location either! Not to mention the delicious breakfast every morning! We were helped and guided in every aspect of our explorations in morocco and they could not have been more helpful. I absolutely have nothing negative to say about this place and would recommend it to anybody. My only regret is not staying longer!

1 Thank caddell17
singapore
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I'm writing this in my room at the Dar right now. My husband and I have stayed here for the past 6 nights and tonight is our last night here.

It's an excellent experience staying here - we have everything well taken care of, by Karim and his family/team.

We didn't get to plan much prior to our trip as we were busy with our wedding preparations, so we were really thankful for the suggestions given by Karim. He helped us book our driver and also suggested when we should visit each place given the weather forecasts. As such, we got to explore some very beautiful places in Morocco.

We travel often and the family-styled hospitality we received from the Dar is exceptional - it's as though we've made some good friends in Fez! We will surely stay here again if we visit Fez again!

If I have to pick a fault, it would be that the Dar is rather cold in the morning, since it's winter now.