“Nice hostel”
Review of Funky Fes Hostel

Funky Fes Hostel
Ranked #7 of 69 Speciality Lodging in Fes
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I guess it's not easy to answer stupid questions from tourist all day long but the staff was really friendly and helpfully. The location of the hostel is perfect, in the center of the medina, next to a large street and therefore easy to find, taxis are easy to find as well on this street. The dorms are really comfortable, clean and quiet with a large bathroom The terrace is nice, especially during the evening. Breakfast is ok, lunch and dinner is available for a cheap price but I've never tried it. I went on no tour as well because I like to go on my own but I've heard that the organised tours are good.

Room Tip: I would prefer the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Funky Fes Hostel

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Funky Fes ranks among the best hostels I have stayed at during my years of traveling. It was clean, well maintained and stunningly beautiful. The staff was incredibly helpful, spoke excellent English and accommodating to our needs. After first trying to navigate the medina on our own we booked a tour for 5 Euros thru the hostel. The difference was night and day. We were not harassed and the guide passed along knowledge about the ancient medina we would not have gained otherwise. You would be crazy not to stay in Funky Fes if you are visiting the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in a private room. It was incredible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Funky Fes was exactly what I was looking for in a Fez hostel. The staff were all very helpful and spoke good English. They arranged a number of interesting (and cheap) tours for me while I was there. I didn't feel like wandering around in search of dinner, and the dinners cooked at the hostel (from a menu, to order) were reasonably priced and good. The meals all served as a cool opportunity to meet other people from around the hostel, since it seemed like mostly everyone did the meals. A/c was allowed in the room at night, which was good to have. Reasonable distance to the medina. Oh and they exchanged money for me at a good rate, too! Wifi was good as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for one night at the weekend and it has a nice Morocan feel. Standard rooms, good roof terasse, good breakfast. The staff were very helpful and I cam recommend thr tour to Volubilis and Meknes - nice to not have to worry about taxis! The Medina is about 5 minutes walk. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have been travelling through Morocco by ourselves (2 young girls) and as soon as we got to Funky Fes we instantly felt self. The staff are super nice and helpful, beds are comfortable and there's hot water too! They organised our trip to the Sahara for 3 days which we LOVED and at a reasonable price as we are on a budget. They offer fantastic dinners at night where you are treated as family and sit down with other guests, the wifi is fast and the terrace has a stunning view. We have stayed at a lot of hostels and this is definitely up there! Thank you Funky Fes we love you! #MamaAfrica <3

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having stayed in many hostels during my stay in Morocco, I have to say that Funky Fes was one of the average ones I experienced. The staff were quite friendly and the location of the hostel was decent. I stayed in the 10-bed room (or maybe 12, I can't remember) and it was very basic, even considering the price level. Ended up sharing the room with a large group of loud, know-it-all americans didn't really improve the experience, although this is not a thing hostel itself can be blamed for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the best hostel I stayed in whilst in Morocco. The staff were very friendly, keen to help and hard working even getting up at 5am to ensure we got our taxi to the airport. Reliably warm showers (a rare luxury for Morocco), clean and a good location . The excursion to the desert was very well organised. They even gave a free meal for Christmas! Recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo