“My first time in Fes”
Review of Hotel Olympic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fes
Hotel Olympic
Ranked #37 of 65 Speciality Lodging in Fes
Doha, Qatar
“My first time in Fes”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My experience was much better than I expected based on some of the previous reviews. The rooms were spartan but clean. If you're expecting a 5-star experience, you're going to the wrong place. Nevertheless, although the beds were hard, the price and service were excellent. The managers were very helpful in giving directions and suggestions on where to go and what to do in the neighborhood. I will certainly come again when I'm in Fes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank George S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is unbelievably bad. First there is no lift so had to lug our bags up several flights of stairs. Second our room (which had recently been renovated) was tiny, had no furniture beside a bed, and no hooks to hang things. Thirdly our bathroom (also recently renovated) was glossy but impractical with poor drainage for the shower, no hot water, and you have to virtually step over the toilet to enter the room. Fourthly, the free wifi was non-existant, even when I tried to use it at the reception counter where the 'signal' was strongest. Fifthly, breakfast could not be served to our Intrepid Tour group until all members of the group arrived, apparently because the hotel was short of kitchen staff. Sixthly, the hotel is near a busy street so lots of noise until midnight when the locals go to bed.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 911JohnA13

Travellers are raving about these Fes hotels

Ely, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If I learned anything from this experience, it is to check out every accommodation on Trip Advisor before signing up for a tour. The best thing they could do for this hotel is to take a wrecking ball to it. We were given Room 103 and upon opening the door to the room we were hit by the smell of sewer gas. I went to the desk to report this and the manager said that they had just painted the rooms and was reluctant to change our room. Other members of our group talked about the sewer gases, wires hanging from the wall where the heater was suppose to be and being hassled about having a second glass of juice for breakfast. We did change rooms to 108 which was just repainted also. The room had two single beds and one bedside table and nowhere to put our clothes (not even a hook in the bathroom). No hot water but a big new flat screen TV. WIFI is password protected but it didn't work unless you were sitting at the front desk and the managers attitude is the worst I've experienced. I could go on but I think if you just read the other reviews, you'll find that there is a theme here. Hotel of Horrors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elymusicman2015
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was astounded by how terrible this place was. As many other reviewers, I stayed here on the North Morocco original tour by Intrepid. I don't understand why Intrepid contracts with this horror. I really wish there were more descriptive and colorful words in the English dictionary to help me describe our experience. To start: we were sorted into rooms and they gave us one bed for two people who are not intimately involved, in a room without a heater, and where the toilet broke after one use. No, we didn't do anything awful to the toilet. Then they relocated my friend to another room, and let me stay in the room where we started, and told me to use a bathroom in the empty room down the hall. I did - the next day they complained that we had used two rooms instead of one (those two rooms together were barely equal to a hotel room), after they were the ones who screwed up. So I went to stay with my friend. The heater was present... but not on. That day she used the bathroom while I was not in the room, and got locked into the bathroom with NO WAY TO GET OUT except shouting for help. There was no lock or handle or anything to grab onto (a smooth door if you will), that did not allow her to get out of the bathroom after she closed the door!!! We had to rescue her!
They kept saying there will be wi-fi next day, that never materialized. Their breakfast was abysmal. Coffee and orange juice were present, and some sort of bread. And that was pretty much it. Even in the minimalystic style of Moroccan breakfast, we've had better experiences in other places. My other friend who stayed in yet another room, never got hot water. She had to repeatedly shower with cold water.
There were cracks in the ceiling, no hooks to hang anything on, people used TVs to dry their clothing and towels.
The location? Probably not good since it required a shuttle trip over to the interesting part of town. So kind of pointless all around.
Customer service from what you may have gathered above was nonexistent. I think the only thing they did right was call the correct room number when someone came to visit me... amazing!!!! They are literally in the middle of construction - and the construction is being done by by people who have no idea how to construct a cube without making it into an oval.
STAY. AWAY. FAR FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is used for Intrepid tours of Morocco. It's the worse sleeping location of the entire Best of Morocco tour. Once you leave Fez, it can only get better. And it does.
Location : rather noisy. The hotel is in the middle of town.
The place looks OK until you enter the rooms.
Rooms... ready to be redone. The bathroom is a let-down even for a budget hotel. On the upside, no creepy-crawlies.
Airco is present but a remote to control the airco is not. Aircos either make a lot of noise or don't work at all.
Breakfast was the only 'highlight'. Normal Moroccan style, decent pancakes, bread, jams, coffee, tea. Laundry service acceptable.
It can't be difficult to find better places to stay in Fez.

Room Tip: Avoid this place until further notice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at the Hotel Olympic while on a North Morocco "Original" tour. While these tours are far from being luxury tours, a certain degree of safety, cleanliness and comfort is expected. This place didn't make the grade. it is a dump. we found roaches in our bedroom and in the dining room - both on the floor and on the dining room table. One of our travel did a quick 180 when he inadvisedly pushed open the kitchen door to make a request of the staff, do filthy were the conditions. The desk clerk was incompetent or just plain lzy or rude. Hard to tell which. When my travel companion asked him separately of the carpets we purchased had been delivered, he quickly answered no. When, many hours later, our guide asked him, the clerk got up and checked and as it turned out, the packages had been delivered many hours earlier. Apparently, as female guests, we did not warrant the courtesy of his extending himself. the last morning we were at the hotel, we were unable to use the toilet because of work on another floor (though when we needed to use the facilities, they did offer to move us). The hotel,is located acrossmthe street from the fish market. Walking in, you are assailed by unpleasant odors. To add insult to injury, the internet only works in a very small area - the tiny entryway, where there is practically no seating. Our guide, who was very apologetic, informed us that Intrepid was well aware of the problems with the hotel, but had decided to renew their contract and give the management a year to complete promised repairs. This is inexcusable. Intrepid should cancel the contract for cause, find ampnother hotel, and revisit the Olympic if and when it cleans up its act - literally. I am very, very disappointed that Intrepid would knowingly subject its guests to these abysmal conditions.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amfadamo
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is the worst budget hotel I have ever stayed in.It is falling apart and is very dirty.Windows are broken and paint and tiles are cracked and broken. The door to our room didn't lock and when I turned on the water in the sink it went all over my feet and the floor as the pipes were broken. We got a different room which was marginally better. We were with an Intrepid tour and others in our group also had problems with their rooms. The man at the desk had a short temper and got mad easily. Breakfast was not very good either.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple