“Fantastic for a budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Olympic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fes
Hotel Olympic
Ranked #36 of 63 Speciality Lodging in Fes
Chefchaouen, Morocco
“Fantastic for a budget hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just stayed here as part of an Intrepid tour. The staff were delightful and so helpful. The rooms are clean and bathrooms are very nice. The location is great with restaurants near by...even a wonderful pizza shop that delivered to the hotel. It's opposite the local bottle shop so very easy to buy beer or wine and have a drink in the hotel. The staff do not mind. Couldn't recommend it more

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Flash1Gordon2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 June 2014

it was a great axeprience, i was in a wonderful hotel with a very good price, it is exactly what some one can look for, good price with 5 stars quality, i realy love this place and recommende it for every single of families, thank you for the helpful team , i khew everything about the beautiful Fez city !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank HamzaLaklalech
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed in the hotel before and it wasn't very good, this is my 2nd stay after 3 years, and the rooms have been completely renovated, best rainshowers, hot water all time, and the location is great, the hotel staff were very flexible letting us use the lounge area for drinking our wine that we bought from the liquor store across the street from the hotel, they even got pizza delivered for us there, i was on an Intrepid group, and we had a fantastic time there.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Travelett
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My experience was much better than I expected based on some of the previous reviews. The rooms were spartan but clean. If you're expecting a 5-star experience, you're going to the wrong place. Nevertheless, although the beds were hard, the price and service were excellent. The managers were very helpful in giving directions and suggestions on where to go and what to do in the neighborhood. I will certainly come again when I'm in Fes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank George S
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is unbelievably bad. First there is no lift so had to lug our bags up several flights of stairs. Second our room (which had recently been renovated) was tiny, had no furniture beside a bed, and no hooks to hang things. Thirdly our bathroom (also recently renovated) was glossy but impractical with poor drainage for the shower, no hot water, and you have to virtually step over the toilet to enter the room. Fourthly, the free wifi was non-existant, even when I tried to use it at the reception counter where the 'signal' was strongest. Fifthly, breakfast could not be served to our Intrepid Tour group until all members of the group arrived, apparently because the hotel was short of kitchen staff. Sixthly, the hotel is near a busy street so lots of noise until midnight when the locals go to bed.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 911JohnA13

Travellers are raving about these Fes hotels

Ely, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If I learned anything from this experience, it is to check out every accommodation on Trip Advisor before signing up for a tour. The best thing they could do for this hotel is to take a wrecking ball to it. We were given Room 103 and upon opening the door to the room we were hit by the smell of sewer gas. I went to the desk to report this and the manager said that they had just painted the rooms and was reluctant to change our room. Other members of our group talked about the sewer gases, wires hanging from the wall where the heater was suppose to be and being hassled about having a second glass of juice for breakfast. We did change rooms to 108 which was just repainted also. The room had two single beds and one bedside table and nowhere to put our clothes (not even a hook in the bathroom). No hot water but a big new flat screen TV. WIFI is password protected but it didn't work unless you were sitting at the front desk and the managers attitude is the worst I've experienced. I could go on but I think if you just read the other reviews, you'll find that there is a theme here. Hotel of Horrors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elymusicman2015
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was astounded by how terrible this place was. As many other reviewers, I stayed here on the North Morocco original tour by Intrepid. I don't understand why Intrepid contracts with this horror. I really wish there were more descriptive and colorful words in the English dictionary to help me describe our experience. To start: we were sorted into rooms and they gave us one bed for two people who are not intimately involved, in a room without a heater, and where the toilet broke after one use. No, we didn't do anything awful to the toilet. Then they relocated my friend to another room, and let me stay in the room where we started, and told me to use a bathroom in the empty room down the hall. I did - the next day they complained that we had used two rooms instead of one (those two rooms together were barely equal to a hotel room), after they were the ones who screwed up. So I went to stay with my friend. The heater was present... but not on. That day she used the bathroom while I was not in the room, and got locked into the bathroom with NO WAY TO GET OUT except shouting for help. There was no lock or handle or anything to grab onto (a smooth door if you will), that did not allow her to get out of the bathroom after she closed the door!!! We had to rescue her!
They kept saying there will be wi-fi next day, that never materialized. Their breakfast was abysmal. Coffee and orange juice were present, and some sort of bread. And that was pretty much it. Even in the minimalystic style of Moroccan breakfast, we've had better experiences in other places. My other friend who stayed in yet another room, never got hot water. She had to repeatedly shower with cold water.
There were cracks in the ceiling, no hooks to hang anything on, people used TVs to dry their clothing and towels.
The location? Probably not good since it required a shuttle trip over to the interesting part of town. So kind of pointless all around.
Customer service from what you may have gathered above was nonexistent. I think the only thing they did right was call the correct room number when someone came to visit me... amazing!!!! They are literally in the middle of construction - and the construction is being done by by people who have no idea how to construct a cube without making it into an oval.
STAY. AWAY. FAR FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fes
Hotel Splendid
#14 of 99 in Fes
Hotel Perla
Hotel Perla
#67 of 99 in Fes

Been to Hotel Olympic? Share your experiences!