“2 hours of heavenly pampering for under $100 USD”
Review of Spa Laaroussa

Spa Laaroussa
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic private hammam and massage room. The original traditional steam bath of Riad Laaroussa has been restored to its ancient use and beauty. Offering aromatic body scrub and relaxing massages for up to 2 people.
Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“2 hours of heavenly pampering for under $100 USD”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Riad Laarousse is where I went for my first hammam (I opted for a private one- mostly because I wanted more individualized attention) and it was heavenly. You are asked to strip to your underwear (no bra) and then taken to a steam room with dark blue plaster and slight window openings up high where you lie on a hot (but not unreasonably so) marble bench and can either relax or watch the steam curl up and around in the light that filters through. Your body relaxes, you feel the tension leave you with the dewy sweat forming on your skin, and you lose sense of time. The woman returns and fills a small sink/tub with water. Using a cup she splashes the water over you and then places a black soap on your body which is also rinsed. She then takes a loofah (which you will receive later- much to my delight) and scrubs you, showing you how much exfoliation the loofah achieves. (I had no idea I needed to shed so much skin but the feeling afterwards is glorious!). After further rinsing, you are escorted to a rain shower and can wash your body and hair with incredible smelling soap and shampoo. From there, you go for a massage- I chose the jasmine oil- and for the next hour you simply melt into the table. I took another shower after that and was escorted back to Dar Roumana where I was staying (as heavenly as the hammam!) feeling like a new person, both literally and figuratively. On my return next year, this is where I will be for my next hammam and massage!

Visited June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Relaxing time out from the medina”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A second Hammam in a week but no regrets.
We loved that the history of this hammam and the women who scrubbed and massaged us could not have been more pleasant. We left with soft skin and a smile on our face.
We highly recommend treating yourself to this hammam.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Caseynash
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My partner and I went to the Spa at Riad Laaroussa at the start of our trip in Morocco. The porter came and collected us from our Riad so we didn't get lost, which was much appreciated. However, as soon as we arrived in to the Riad we were ushered straight in to the spa and it wasn't really clear what was happening, we were just told to undress! The Hammam was very nice and our skin felt great after the scrub. The massage was a little disappointing and it certainly didn't last 45 minutes but it was nice to be able to have this together as at a public hammam women and men attend separately.

It would have been nice to have been shown around the riad afterwards as it seemed like a very nice place and maybe somewhere we would have considered staying next time. As it were, we paid and left immediately and so we were straight back in to the bustle of the medina rather than being able to enjoy our newly relaxed selves.

All in all a lovely experience but I think a bit more attention to detail rather than feeling rushed through would have made this the perfect experience.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank cupcake3040
FredLaaroussa, Owner at Spa Laaroussa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Spa Laaroussa. It is a very polite way to express such disagreement.
I apologize sincerely as things shouldn’t have gone this way.
As you mention, attention to details is a key issue and our therapists should have let you know what was supposed to happen when you got in.
Our Spa Guests always have a drink at the riad either before or after the session and you are right, it allow them to enjoy more being relaxed. It is a mystery to me why you haven’t been offered to visit the riad and have a drink! sorry for that.
Thanks to your review, we already addressed all these points with the staff in order to avoid such experience in the future.
Fred
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The perfect Oasis in Fes!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The perfect place to relax and desconnect from the crowded Medina! they treated us perfecty, we had some te and biscuits at the patio before the massage and we loved the kindness we were treated with! We really recommend to have the all session, hammam & spa and if possible, stay there for the visit!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The best thing we did during our week in Morocco. Incredibly relaxing and a really romantic way to spend a couple of hours out of the hustle and bustle of the medina. Had a massage and hammam with my partner for 60 euro each, and (although we were on a tight budget) it really was worth every penny. Can't wait to go back!!

Visited April 2014