“Great way to Relax in the middle of a hectic medina!”
Review of Spa Laaroussa

Spa Laaroussa
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic private hammam and massage room. The original traditional steam bath of Riad Laaroussa has been restored to its ancient use and beauty. Offering aromatic body scrub and relaxing massages for up to 2 people.
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to Relax in the middle of a hectic medina!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Made an appointment here for a body scrub and a massage. My first time getting a spa treatment and they really put me at ease with the experience. Would recommend this experience for all travelers, especially those traveling as a couple.

Visited July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
South Africa
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Excellent spa!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were fetched from out road and escorted to the spa. Absolutely beautiful riad.

The hamam and massage costs 60€ and is followed with free drinks and cookies. Between the two treatments you receive nuts, raisins and water after a refreshing shower.

The hamam is beautiful, and is not unbearably hot like the others I have been to. The scrub is also more gentle. The massage is relaxing with a choice of jasmine or orange blossom oils.

Just be aware it's topless, and they scrub you ALL over! Very relaxing and highly recommended!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SouthAfricaLilly4
London, England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Heavenly hammam”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thoroughly recommend Riad Laroussa for the hammam experience. It's so relaxing, the women giving the scrub and then the massage are absolutely lovely. I could have stayed there all afternoon. I'd been to a hammam in Marrakech a few years earlier but this was way better. I went with a friend and we had the treatments together - so much laughter. And then we fell asleep.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Riad Laaroussa: an oasis in Fes”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've now stayed at Riad Laaroussa twice and my partner three times. It is outstanding: relaxed, beautiful, stylish, and good value. Of the many hotels I stay in each year it is one of the few I would want to go back to again and again and would heartily recommend to friends or colleagues. Cathy and Fred, the owners, have created a hotel/home/restaurant/attraction all in one. The rooms are just right in every detail with period decor and a look that is of Fes and Morocco and of the era of the historic Riad without twee or tacky. The staff are warm and funny and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast is great and the view from the terrace on the roof is one of the best in Fes. The courtyard is so restful and the sound of birdsong in the city is such a change from the hussle of the Medina. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“2 hours of heavenly pampering for under $100 USD”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Riad Laarousse is where I went for my first hammam (I opted for a private one- mostly because I wanted more individualized attention) and it was heavenly. You are asked to strip to your underwear (no bra) and then taken to a steam room with dark blue plaster and slight window openings up high where you lie on a hot (but not unreasonably so) marble bench and can either relax or watch the steam curl up and around in the light that filters through. Your body relaxes, you feel the tension leave you with the dewy sweat forming on your skin, and you lose sense of time. The woman returns and fills a small sink/tub with water. Using a cup she splashes the water over you and then places a black soap on your body which is also rinsed. She then takes a loofah (which you will receive later- much to my delight) and scrubs you, showing you how much exfoliation the loofah achieves. (I had no idea I needed to shed so much skin but the feeling afterwards is glorious!). After further rinsing, you are escorted to a rain shower and can wash your body and hair with incredible smelling soap and shampoo. From there, you go for a massage- I chose the jasmine oil- and for the next hour you simply melt into the table. I took another shower after that and was escorted back to Dar Roumana where I was staying (as heavenly as the hammam!) feeling like a new person, both literally and figuratively. On my return next year, this is where I will be for my next hammam and massage!