“Ideal hotel”
Review of Dar Tahrya

Dar Tahrya
Ranked #66 of 221 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here with a large group in April. Everyone was very welcoming and the building is lovely, with a beautiful central courtyard and well-decorated rooms, a bit chilly at night but they provided extra blankets when asked. Good hot showers. The roof terrace has a nice view over the city and the location is excellent, close to the Bab Bou Jeloud and with easy access to the Talaa kebira and seghira, the two main streets in the old town. They organised a tour of the old town and can also arrange other activities. Breakfast was generous - juice, mint tea, various kinds of bread, jam etc and yogurt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were guided by Sidi Idrees to the Dar Tahrya as soon as we arrived (a couple of mins away from Dar Tahrya) - Straight away I had a feeling it would be a good experience and indeed it was - the rooms were great, TV, wifi, showers etc. were great as well.

The staff I.e. Idrees, Bushra and Fatima were all really helpful and courteous towards us.

I would definitely recommend my family and friends to come stay here whilst in Fez.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank AmeerHussain
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed in four different Riads during my stay in Morocco and this one was the best. Idriss was welcoming since my arrival to Fes, and kindly offered to pick me up from the Blue Gate. To my surprise, the Riad is just a few minutes walking from the Blue Gate and the majestic Madrasa Bou Inania. As other reviewers have pointed out, the Riad has beautiful decoration and amazing Moroccan architecture. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the beds are comfortable, with hot water and large bathroom. Breakfast is huge and delicious, and mint tea and coffee are also complimentary. But the best of the Riad is how welcoming Idriss and his familiy are, they are all truly honest and friendly people, and were always there to help me with whatever question I had about the city. They also helped me arrange an official tour guide and a ride to the airport. I can highly recommend staying at this Riad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank sergio1286
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The Riad is beautifully decorated, amazing Moroccan courtyard and big rooms.
Service is great, really caring staff.
Breakfast is huge!
Best of all: tea or coffee for free all day long.
3 minutes walk from Bab Boujiloud which is really convenient because it's easy to find, close to the new part of the city and not in the midst of the chaotic Medina.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Vei C
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I knew when we first entered Dar Tahrya and met this amazing young man,Aziz,that this experience would be the highlight of our 2 month tour.It was as if he was welcoming us into his home.Nothing was a problem.We are big breakfast eaters but could not finish the delicious and varied food that was given to us.All part of the price!Soft comfortable beds and plenty of hot water.The best targines in all of Morocco are cooked by Aziz's sister in one of his other riads around the corner.I believe she also gives cooking lessons.A must in Fes.This is only the second review I have written, as my family usually complete them,but I could not pass the chance to praise Aziz and his staff for making our stay so memorable.You won our hearts.We will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 5 February 2014

During my recent three week visit to Fes, i slept in eleven different riads and dars.Dar Tahrya was one of the top places.
The location of this riad is just steps away from the famous Blue gate (Bab Boujloud) and very easy to find. It is well marked off the main Talaa Kabira as well.

This is a traditional riad with a lot of plants, zellij and tables in the courtyard, and this is where I was served a great breakfast, very filling and well presented. The staff including Bouchra who speaks very good English and Idriss the manager is very friedly and attentive to their guests. I was given a large suite upstairs with plenty of room and hot water in the shower. The room was spacious and clean and it did get nicely warm in the evening from the heating. The internet connection in my room was great.

This is one of the cheaper options and given its location and service I would say one cannot go wrong with Dar Tahrya.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Orientoholic
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed 3nights. I am always enjoy because nice stuff make me happy!!
they are helpful Nordine and Hicham!
And easy to access midina. Breakfast is good. I eat so many foods. Design is Morroco style so I think feel you luxury and relax.
next time I wanna stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2014