“Great Place, Great People!”
Review of Dar Ahl Tadla

Dar Ahl Tadla
Ranked #179 of 216 Fes B&B and Inns
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great Place, Great People!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was at the maison for 3 days, a beautiful experience, the staff helped me a lot! They gave me several tips about Fes, and they also gave me the possibility to experience the traditional Hammam by suggesting me just the right place, an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life! If you're planning to go to Fes that's the place in which you want to be!! I hope to be back soon!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Fabio L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The family-run dar is located in the very heart of the medina, just a few footsteps from one of the two main alleys. It's very spacious and decorated nicely. Our room was clean and cosy, with a large bed and couch. But the very best about this place is its staff. The maroccan family gives you a warm welcome and provides all the service you need. Wether its the included breakfast, loundry to be done, directions for a restaurant or even if you want to buy a mosaic table, one of the members is at your help. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Thank you Younes and Ali for everything!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank minnie m
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this riad for 4 nights and was happy there. The place is spacious, nicely decorated and well located for the medina. Staff are helpful and the breakfast was plentiful and very good. All in all, a good value place to stay in the heart of Fes.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank James P
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I cannot rate this riad highly enough. Our train arrived at 3 am from Marrakesh, and Mohammed, the manager, let us enter our room without additional charge for the night. Our room upstairs is clean, bright and lovely. The highlight of this riad is the breakfast area with it's beautiful Morrocan decoration and lots of light during the day. Younous and Ali have been very helpful: lending us Fes guide book and calling a last minute cart to get our bags to the taxi stand when we checked out . And what do you know, in the taxi on the way to the train station, Younous called us saying that we had left our camera in the breakfast room when we took pictures before we left. We went back and needless to say felt very grateful that he had called. In short, this is a great riad with great staff. The location is superb, in the medina but only 3 minutes walking to the taxi stand. And you will love this, they offers really good value for money. I highly recommend Dar Ahl Tadla for a great stay in Fes.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank rahman2000
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Everything was great, really good placed, everything is clean, the staff is so nice and kind, trying all the time to make your time as peaceful as possible! And the price was also good. Definately if i come back to Fès i will come here again! O recomend it totally!!

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank Hablaconchary
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Very nice and comfortable riad. I liked the place very much. Everybody is very helpful and well behaved. I felt like i was staying at home. Ismail, Younes, Mohammed are very nice people and I thank them all for making my experience in Fes so memorable. A special thanks to Ismail for helping me explore Fes. The internet connection was very good. Also don't forget to try the food there. The cooking is fabulous.

If I go to Fes again, this riad will be my destination without any doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank farzan_12
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 July 2012

i wish i could give Dar Ahl Tadla a higher rating, as it is the absolute perfect place to stay in Fes. Right in the heart of the Old Medina, Dar Ahl Tadla is only a 5 minute walk to the taxi plaza. They hosted my family (7 people total) in 2 gorgeous rooms on the first floor surrounding the traditionally decorated community sitting area. The rooms are huge, spacious, comfortable and air conditioned. The bathrooms are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated.

the service at this riad is unbeatable, you won't get a sense of welcome the way you do here at any other hotel. the food menu offers a variety of homemade items at very reasonable cost. we had breakfast every morning which was prepared fresh by the host family and very delicious! they even made us couscous one day for lunch!

younes was working the reception desk during our stay and was so kind and helpful. he assisted us in any way he could at all hours of the day. dar ahl tadla is VERY SECURE and safe. they keep the front door locked at all times and someone is at the front reception desk around the clock. if you need anything at all, ask and they help you right away.

my husband is from fes and we plan to visit every year- we really love dar ahl tadla and will only stay here on our annual trips to fes. if you want a warm, welcoming, safe, friendly and beautiful environment, i strongly suggest you try this place! i highly recommend it, as you won't find anything like it for this price!

Don't forget to check out the unbelievable view of the medina from the roof top!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family