All reviews beautiful hotel rooftop restaurant international menu ambassador suite turn down service family vacation breakfast staff old palace separate sitting area would highly recommend this hotel moroccan restaurant sitting room the hotel offers luxury hotel moroccan charm mosaic tiles panoramic view
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nts. Chose this place because we wanted an upscale boutique hotel by the medina but accessible by car. We booked the Favorite Suite but got upgraded to a Grand Vizier Suite, room #15. Room was gorgeous with a separate bedroom and powder room, and 2 huge balconies that included a great view of the medina! Only downside is the room is right below the restaurant terrace so we can hear chairs being moved around every now and then.
Did reservation via email and Maryem, our contact, made everything easy for us. She was also there to greet us when we arrived, and to bid us farewell when we checked out. Breakfasts were excellent with a lot of choices, including eggs cooked to order. Tried the Moroccan restaurant onsite the 1st nt: food was great, service so-so. Concierge/front desk staff were very helpful during our stay. Our room was kept spotless. Wifi worked great. Would definitely stay here again if we are ever in Fez in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel is a gem! Service is excellent, very high standards, when you arrive you are welcomed by the Manager himself, invited for Moroccan tea and sweets, taken for a tour of the property including its history, then accompanied to your room. The rooms are very comfortable, modern with everything you could possibly need in a hotel room. They are tastefully decorated, and so are the halls and pretty much everything in the hotel. The restaurants and bar have a breathtaking view on the Medina. Absolutely gorgeous hotel and impeccable service. Another perk of this Riad is that unlike most similar hotels, access is very easy, and cars go all the way to the hotel reception door and there are elevators so you don't have to struggle to get there or to get your luggage to your room.

Room Tip: We had room #20 with a beautiful view on the patio and the fountain.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

What a stunning hotel. We stayed here 3 nights during an 8-day tour of Morocco and I could not have been happier with this choice. It is very well-located, but I found it nice to be just at the wall of the Medina instead of in the thick of it, so that coming back to the room was very relaxing and quiet. The grounds are really beautiful, with a tiled courtyard and numerous sitting rooms that have been restored to perfection. There is a pool off the main courtyard as well, which is a delightful way to end a day of hard touring.

The rooms are exquisite. We stayed in just a regular suite and could not have asked for anything more . It was very spacious, with a good-sized bedroom and adjacent living room. The bed is supremely comfortable with cushy white linens, bathrobes and really nice bath products are supplied. Maid service is prompt and thorough. But the most important thing about the rooms is really the gorgeous little details: the painted ceiling, the fresh flowers, the intricate tilework. You'll feel like a king/queen/princess/sultan/take your pick.

The hotel breakfast is very tasty and complete. There is also a wonderful bar with panoramic views of Fes. We did eat in their fine dining restaurant one night, and it was quite good.

The staff at this place is excellent, very attentive and helpful. They were willing to make a breakfast for us very early in the morning on the day we had to leave as we were departing before the dining room opened. They arranged a tour for us and would have supplied guides to lead us around the medina if we had so wished. Everything was done promptly and extremely politely, the service at this place is genuinely top-notch. If you are into spas, their spa is amazingly beautiful and to a New Yorker, the rates are *incredible*. I didn't do any spa stuff because I don't really like spa treatments, but I kind of wished I did because they showed it to me and it was so lovely!

I really feel this stay was memorable because of the stunning premises and meticulous service, but also because I just couldn't believe the value I was getting for what I was paying. In sum, I can't recommend this place highly enough for a romantic, beautiful, memorable stay in one of the most striking cities one can visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neimanmarxist
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Beautiful hotel outside the medina. We had the ambassadors suite which was way bigger than what we needed! The restaurant was unbelievable.. So much so that we broke our rule and ate there both nights of our trip to Fes! The chicken tagine with pumpkin was AMAZING. Restaurant staff is friendly and went above and beyond for us. The wifi does not work consistently in the rooms. The breakfast was great and they made to order if you want omelettes etc. We had a huge king bed, very comfortable. And the hotel arranged a tour guide for us, Abdel, who stayed with us for over TEN HOURS showing us the city. You have to specify when you book that you want one of the few rooms with a view of the medina.. Otherwise, the only view is from the restaurant or outside terrace.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank April A
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have had the privilege of staying in some very nice hotels. (Amarvilas, Udaivilas, that sort of place in India.) This place is gorgeous and authentic--and minus a view of the Taj, has them beat! (Has Vanity Fair done a photoshoot here yet?) We stayed in the 'Ambassador Suite'--and I am sure the ambassadors have been impressed, too. The hotel is replete with restored fountains, tilework and marble. It overlooks the medina and much of old Fes and the surrounding hills. If someone could have wave a magic wand over my itinerary so I could stay here three days longer--it would have been superb. Our suite was beautifully appointed with views in two directions, sofas and chairs in subtle shades of grey and deep violet-gray velveteen, inlaid tables. The bath, and wardrobe were first rate, and hamman and spa services beautifully executed.

Room Tip: Consider landing here on a birthday or anniversary as a special stay...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple