“Highly recommended and fantastic service!!!”
Review of Royal Mirage Fes

Royal Mirage Fes
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Fes
Toronto, Canada
“Highly recommended and fantastic service!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I had a fantastic experience at this hotel with my family, I have always wanted to go to Morocco, and when my family and I came to this hotel, I was amazed with the superb service from the friendly staff in the restaurant, being attentive to our needs, going the extra mile by exceeding our expectations. I have stayed in 5 star hotels before and I have experienced a one of a kind service here at the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes better than any other place and love the location of the hotel being the entrance of the town. The hotel is only 20 min away from the old city of Fes as they would say (The Medina). We were able to rent a car and go to Ifren in the mountains that is similar to swiss image and loved the refreshing waterfalls.The hotel landscape & trees are breathtaking and I love the water fountains/waterfalls near the entrance of the hotel. The Decor of the Lobby and restaurant is exquisite creating a warm and welcoming ambiance. I have been greeted and welcomed daily by the management and staff with a smile. I feel like home away from home. The pool service was excellent and loved the food & entertainment duet (duo).I had a delicious fluffy omelets at the Brasserie, the buffet was a nice awakening with all great surroundings of extravagant decor of the glass work and stainless steel to emphasis modern techniques to displaying lavish bakeries/pastries.The buffet dinner in the reef was out of this world, the attention detail was mind blowing. The English could be better since most of them speak french. But, regardless, we communicated very well. The decor of the restaurant is superb! Who was your designer? Room service was lovely as my 5 yr old daughter enjoyed the attention and goodies they surprised her with. (This is better than Disneyland, especially for kids) Even the housekeeping staff made a special towel fold to enlighten my daughter. Such wonderful staff in housekeeping. My room is perfect on daily basis, very consistent. Whatever I needed, I received immediately. Even though the weather was hot, we enjoyed every bit of it. My hats off to everyone for a wonderful and memorable stay especially to the attention of the management and staff. Thank you everyone! This will be our hotel of choice for our family reunion trips.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the swiiming pool & ground floor has a garden for kids to play in.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Very friendly and efficient staff. Mr. Haj Ali and his crew in the restaurant were just great!

Room Tip: WiFi only available on the pool side!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Contrary to some disappointed reviewers of this hotel, my experience has been generally quite satisfactory. I was sent here on a mission, and on my own might have picked a more traditional, Moroccan style place. But this modern, mass-market facility is pretty much OK for what it is. My room is clean and air-conditioned, on an upper floor. Staff is generally friendly and helpful. One of the front desk people is a little less charming than the others, but in general Moroccans are among the most polite and hospitable people anywhere.

The buffet dinner was very good the first night -- Moroccan dishes -- and only fair the second -- boring hotel food. The pool is a plus on hot afternoons.

My one real gripe is the unreliable internet, a real downer for business travel. As I write this, I am pirating the signal from the hotel next door...

I see bargain prices for this facility on the internet just now -- tourism seems to be down after the bad event in Marrakesh last month. So this may be a good time to get yourself an inexpensive holiday.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 May 2011

last November i had the opportunity to visit Fès, i was fascinated about the city and so the hotel, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the food was delicious and so the staff and the facilities, if you're thinking to travel to fès, the royal mirage is a good choice

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Gijon, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2011

i used to travel a lot with my family when i can, and it was the first time i visited moroco and i can honestly say that it was the best holiday ever.
the facilities were quiet good, so the staff, friendly and kind. the rooms were very charming, i can only say good things about it , i recomend it to anyone who's looking to go fès

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 28 January 2011

No major complaints here as it was a decent hotel with friendly staff. I don't require all the comforts of home, but a couple things that were advertised were lacking - no free WiFi (I was charged 50 dirhams per day), and the equipment in the gym was broken. The 5th floor was being renovated during my stay, so around 8am each morning I was awoken by workmen in the room directly above. I guess the work has to be done at some time though. The basket of fruit in the room was a nice touch, the complimentary breakfast was excellent, and the bar was a good place to spend the evening listening to a band and watching soccer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Our original plan was to stay in Fes for 3 nights only, but after the first hours in this hotel we decided to extend our visit for another 3. The hotel is nicely situated in the heart of the city called- ville nouvelle-the new city overlooking the best street of the city called-Avenue des Far, in between a vast native palm trees and beautiful fountain

The hotel is 30 minutes away from fes sais airport, the closest town, which deserves to be visited, with a nice night life and delicious local restaurants where you can try exquisite couscouss and variaty of tajines .

The hotel is able to provide local tours to all areas around the city including the old media where you discover the beauty of one of the oldest cities in the world.

On our trip a baby of 7 months got sick and the hotel provided us with all the assistance to get an appointment with the local paediatrician.

in shot, the natural surroundings and the attentive and always helpful service of royal mirage fes Staff make this a great hotel.

We look forward to visiting royale mirage fes again soon, and we will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple