“A nice spot to unwind for a day or two”

Menzeh Zalagh Hotel
Ranked #86 of 98 Hotels in Fes
Estero, Florida
“A nice spot to unwind for a day or two”
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

As part of a tour this hotel was booked for us and it was a nice choice, with a very comfortable room with all the amenities. Could not get CNN but BBC filled in nicely. The pool area is great and only wish we had been told to bring ourswi suits. Very nice patio area off the lounge to enjoy a few cold ones but hope their keyboard player has a sore throat, as he has one of the worst voices I have ever heard. Nice background music from his keyboard but baddddddd singing

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toberua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Granby, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We spent two nights at the Menzeh Zalagh. Our room was on the second floor with a nice view over the old city in the near distance. Although there were train tracks below we were not disturbed by any noise and we are light sleepers. The room had the usual amenities and everything worked and was clean. WiFi worked only in the lobby area. Buffet-style breakfast and supper were good.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back on the second floor and higher will give you a nice view, the trains blow are...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank WolfyP
London
Reviewed 12 April 2012

when we arrived at this hotel the Reception staff greeted us politely however straight away tried to scare us about the local area saying we should not go out of the hotel its dangerous!!! (we did not come to remain inside the hotel) they tried to sell us a trip to see the old madina for 250 quid for four of us (four girls) we haggled and managed to just pay 15 quid each big differance ! they explained that outside the hotel its not safe and we should eat,shop and do everything only in the hotel!! this made us laugh as clearly they thought they could profit from our stay as much as they could.
we went half board the food was ok not great (rice, chicken, pasta beef,and salads very basic but ok breakfast was rubbish nothing much to eat salad...boiled cold eggs and some form of fried bread.
Room are basic but cant complain they were clean and comfy..at night it gets very noisy with people coming to the shabby pervy club or shall I say Brothel downstairs..although we only heard this one night as the rest of the nights we went out...but not to this club!
drinks in this hotel are more expensive then drinking in Londons westend and watered down, pool area is nice aswell as garden area...inside decor needs a bit updating but its not that bad.
the beauty and spa place it great we all went for the hamam I must say it was one of the best really worth doing (better then the turkey ones) massage was great too the girls who work there are lovely.
Fes is a beautiful old city the loaction of this hotel is ok not far from the old city 10 mins walk to the new city and mcdees 5 mins walk, you can take a taxi to the old madina...the locals are the best people and made our holiday one to remember the cafe/pool place across the hotel was great for breakfast and afternoon chill out the owner and his family couldnt do enough for us....the convienent shop across they own too and does everything at a reasonable price
the new market is the best as the old madina is pricey but for a tour its defo worth going its amazing.
Fez does not have much night life how ever we managed to find a few the Ramada hotel has a club and we went to two more ...fez is more of a chill out place.
ok before you check out from this hotel please check they do not try to add taxes as they did to us saying "its taxes in Morocco and you must pay this" after arguing for half hour I asked the man if I could show him my booking confirmation on my hotmail! after showing him this and showing him the bit it said "all taxes included" his answer was "ok sorry"
security guards however were ever so helpful always helped us get taxis and negotiate prices although they could not speak english they went out to help as much as they could.
overall Fez made me change my mind about Morocco and I would 100 percent return to the city as I have met and made some lovely friends...I doubt I would ever return to this hotel though.. as try to rip you off at every chance

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank AyshaLondon

Travellers are raving about these Fes hotels

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and on arrival we were very worried because of some of the reviews we had read. However the service we received and the experience we had was wonderful, maybe we were lucky I don't know. The porter at that hotel is an asset to the business and I hope that is recognised. He went well out of his way to help us every day and refused our thank you gift of money upon leaving. He made that our experience with the hotel one we would and have recommended to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2011
Isipingo, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed 20 December 2011

When I entered the reception area , I was impressed by the retro styling and decor. Had a glitch with the bidet and door lock, one call and was sorted. No internet wi-fi in the room. had to come into lounge area and use same. very chilly in this area. The worst part was this morning at 3 a.m. onwards. They had a live singing and this went onto 5 a.m. This started at 8 p.m. the previous evening. I phoned the reception desk and complained. This did not help and continued. It seems that the bar manager wants you to come and join them and drink oneself to sleep.Apparently this happens the whole week thru and this was Monday! Alas, I still have another night to go.I think I will have to take a sleeping tablet or ear plugs. since I do not consume alcohol.The night clerk suggested he will change my room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Rasheed J
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Room was nice. Lights easily blown out. Little direction from the staff in locating the room. Pool was nice, but took forever to find someone to supply towels. Not well staffed. WIFI worked well. Dinner and breakfast were subpar. Would not be my choice if visiting Fez again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 20 July 2011

unfortunately I did not book this Hotel directly it was done by Evadamo & Luxatours of Spain. But that being said If I had know or planned to stay here I would have first confirmed a few things with them, Like the A/C operation which is set to less than a childs breath. I had to change rooms 3 times before getting a room that was marginally comfortable ( Understand that the tempreture in Morocco is 35 deg. C at night in summer with a humidity of ± 25% ) And our tour operators did nothing to imprve our stay no matter how much we complained

Room Tip: Don't use shady tour operators, book and confirm your own rooms and requirements
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family