Menzeh Zalagh Hotel
Official Site
US$239
US$224
Agoda.com
All reviewscosmos tourby european standardsbuffet stylenice poolstayed here for nightswi fibreakfast and dinnersaunaterrace
Reviewed 3 August 2009

For the price and the number of stars, this hotel is a travesty. It has a great view and a beautiful pool, but that is all it has going for it. And the pool is always much, much too busy for comfort, between the large number of hotel guests and day guests.

Things that did not work in the hotel: the electrical outlets, which fell out of the wall (literally) when we tried to charge our cell phones. Both outlets. The refrigerator in one room and the tv in the other. The bathtub (it did not drain). The credit card machine - the staff asked us to pay our 6000dh bill in CASH, immediately, because the machine didn't work. One of our two rooms was swarming with ants, the other had a roach.

The customer service was ABYSMAL. At no other hotel in the world have I ever, ever had a hotel employee swear at me. Yet it happened here - I attempted to take breakfast on the gorgeous patio, as the breakfast hall was full and quite hot. I was told that I was not allowed, and when I asked for a manager, the employee swore at me! In another instance a friend asked for a towel at the pool and was told that she had already gotten a towel -yesterday- that she had brought up to her room, and therefore she was not allowed another.

Do NOT stay here. Stay anywhere else in Fes!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank formeracademic
Reviewed 21 July 2009

This is a good hotel by European standards. It is not a great hotel but overall it is clean , comfortable and good for the price. It does not deserve rave reviews but equally it's overall performance does not deserve criticism.

• Stayed: June 2009
Thank Allan.G49
Reviewed 16 June 2009

This was a real mixed bag for us. The room was nice, but there was little moving air. There was a computer available, but the connection was very slow and the keyboard was in French and Arabic,which is tough for English speakers.

It is easy to get lost between Zalagh 1 and Zalagh 2-- they are connected by a tunnel that is not at all obvious. Be prepared to ask questions!

Excellent fruit; the other food was uninspired.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My husband and I stayed three weeks at this hotel in June of 2008 and enjoyed every minute of it. My husband is from Fes, but we chose to stay in a hotel because his family does not have air conditioning and because of the fact that I am a spoiled American, I need air conditioning! Anyway, our room was large and cool and the air conditioner worked very well. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. Our maid, Latifa, did her best for us and we were treated so well there! Latifa was excellent. We had all the pool towels we wanted and the pool is excellent - very clean and lots of fun. The front desk people always had a smile for us and so did the parking attendant. We parked right outside the front door. The hotel restaurant was very good, too. The total cost was $1,100 for three weeks. That is wonderful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2009

incredible, I wen to this hotel many times in the last few years. This time I have booked and paid a single room for 1 night on the 26th april 2009....I paid trought internet and I had the voucher with the reference booking etc.
Went to Menzeh Zalagh I and they tell me that i dont have any room. I go then to the Zalagh II (they are on the same road) and at the reception they say that i dont have any room booked. I show them the voucher and nothing , they say that its on sunday and they cannot check it. They tell me to ring a reservation centre in an hoter hotel connected to them, which I do, nothing, even there they say that I dont have any room.
I go back to the hotel and wait that the agency from ebookers UK call them, nothing.
In fact ive paid for a room , they say that I dont have any room paid or booked.
After 3 hours of waiting, no room for me and I find myself on the street with nowhere to sleep. What its incredible after i ve been paid and cherged for the room.
I dont have nothing more to say, just that the receptionist and the whole organization should be banned, Menzeh Zalagh and Ebookers. Ebooker they promised the refound but I dont think its right and serious to be in the middle of a street without place to stay after you paid the room!!!!!
Everybody going to Fez please do not go to this Hotel, this is something I never could imagine in my life of traveller (be in Morocco and fez may times)!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo