“Well set up”

Moulay Yacoub Thermal Station
Ranked #9 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Fes
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Nice place could do with a clean and a bit of updating but not bad overall

Reviewed 18 January 2012

mostly visited by locals- felt right at home. clean and professional. no gimmick here!

3  Thank scottyboy_powerhouse
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I had been looking forward to having a spa experience at this place, but it was a big disappointment for me and my two friends. Moulay Yacoub is a beautiful city. It's certainly worth the trip there, but not for the Themes at Moulay Yacoub. The 520Ds($65) package that includes a 30-minute massage, use of the hot tub, pool and vaporization room is not worth the prize. Before arriving, I asked if hammam was included. The person I spoke to said yes to everything I asked. Once we arrived, we were told the place doesn't do hammams. The package included the pool, hot tub, vaporization room and a 30-minute massage. The lack of hammam certainly put a damper on things. We decided to stay since we were already there. We had walked a bunch of steps to make it to the place. I decided to get the package and a facial(facial was about $30 more). Linda decided to stick with the package and Monica skipped the massage and decided to do the facial. From the reception, we proceeded to the dressing and locker room where we stored out stuff and were given white robes. Our first activity was the hot tub, about 20 minutes. Then we went to the relaxation room. About 20 minutes later, some woman called my two friends to get hosed with hot water, but left me there. I was waiting. After 20 minutes, I went down the hall to call somebody. I wondered why I wasn't with my friends when this was an R&R for the three of us. When no one answered, I went into the hose room and proceeded to gave myselt an hammam. I took out my sponge and black soap.Then some woman showed up and hosed me down with warm water. She told me I could scrub myself. I was hoping to shower before the massage. It was relaxing and the water pressure felt like it was massaging my body. After about 10 minutes, it was over. Then I was escorted to the vaporization room which was a joke. I was all alone. My friends were done with this and relaxing at the pool that was filled with half-naked Moroccan men. Didn't see one Moroccan woman. Interesting. That's another story. I really didn't care about being in the vaporization room all by myselt so I stayed for about five minutes and joined my friends at the pool. We spent about half an hour there and then we were called for facials and massages. Linda got the massage and said it was awesome, but too short. My friend Monica gave up on the facial because the bed was too small. I loved the facial, but I skipped tthe massage because I was just sick of the whole experience. Perhaps, I would have appreciated the experience more in the winter, but I just didn't leave there saying wow, "I'll be back here." The experience would have been awesome if they did hammams. I don;t know why they don't do hammams.Looking forward to experiencing other places with hammams and spa.

11  Thank mreen
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I took the petit taxi from Fes and the scenery to Moulay Yacoub was enjoyable. Got solicited for a donkey ride which was cool. lol! The hot pool at Moulay Yacoub was okay; I did not expect it to be fabulous and found the establishment itself to be average. The staff were courteous; they provided bathrobes but I can't remember if towels were provided. I got a massage and found the young lady to be pleasant which added to the comfort. I wouldn't say this place is great but it met my expectations. I give 3 out of 5 stars.

7  Thank jamaicawi77
Reviewed 9 January 2009

It was acceptable. Don't really go to any other establishment because that was - supposedly the best in the country - was on the border line.
Not cheap.
More or less clean.
They give you a think bathrobe that gets wet very quickly and it is quite cold there.
They don't give you towels! Not even if you take a package with massage and other things. No towels. And you can insist and ask, no way.

2  Thank GosiaLisbon