“Mehdi is a fantastic guide and gave our family an outstanding trip around Morocco” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tours Over Morocco Day Tours

Tours Over Morocco Day Tours
Ranked #83 of 248 Tours in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: tours over morocco is a tour operator based in fez we have 15 years of experience in the tours of morocco and excursions of fez and sahara desert,camel trekking and organization of bivouacin addittion ot 4*4 TOURS.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have just completed a 3 week tour of Morocco with Mehdi. He did an excellent job and we would thoroughly recommend him and Tours Over Morocco to anyone travelling in Morocco. Initially he planned the perfect trip for us 4 months before arriving. The hotels he recommended were always excellent and authentic. We wanted to stay in riads and/or in the centre of medinas in many locations. Our trip was smooth, hassle free and a great holiday experience. Mehdi dealt with any issues privately and professionally and nothing was too much trouble. Mehdi's favourite sayings are "big welcome", "inshallah", and "in Morocco there are no problems only solutions".

Visited December 2013

Congo,DRC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Local Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently travelled Morocco by myself and after a recommendation I went with Mehdi from Tours over Morocco for my part of the trip from Fes to Marrakesh - a fantastic choice. Early on I told him I wanted the local experience and that was what I got, but also a comfortable experience. In 4 days we covered a lot of ground and Mehdi made it interesting all the way. The Sahara & camel trek was amazing, roadside food and Mehdi's grandmothers Berber Pizza was unforgettable, views & seasonal change in 1 day brilliant and with Mehdi's local experience I learned a lot about Morocco life. I will be back to Morocco, and I will be back with Tours over Morocco, and hopefully Mehdi! He does a top job of showing you why Morocco is becoming a top destination around the world.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LauraLK89
mehdi001, Manager at Tours Over Morocco Day Tours, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
thank you for the review and we are very happy that you spent a good experiance with Tours Over Morocco
“Great company, run by great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Spain and Morocco and I normally don't write reviews, but I thought this company definitely deserved to be a special exception.

Prior to booking, Mehdi was very quick to respond to all my email inquiries and build a private tour that suited our travel plans.He was very accommodating in ensuring we saw and did exactly what we wanted.

We did a whirlwind trip to Fes and Merzouga (desert) over 4 days. Upon arrival, there was some confusion about our booking but Mehdi sorted out the issue very quickly and we were really impressed with his level of customer service. The issue was sorted out within the hour and we were on way to Merzouga with Sayid (sp?) in a very comfortable SUV.

The desert was amazing and the camel trek, unforgettable. I'm really glad we did it even though the travel there was quite long (8 hours with traffic). We did get to see the varying countryside and the thing that impressed me most was the always-changing landscape.

After the desert, we drove back to Fes and did a day-long city tour with Thami (sp?). Thami was probably one of the best tour guides we've ever had before and I've traveled extensively, myself. If there's any recommendation I would make is to ask for Thami for the Fes city tour when booking. His english was great and I believe he speaks about 6 languages. He was very smart and extremely knowledgeable about Fes and its history. He was raised in the city and everywhere we walked in the medina, everyone stopped to say hello and pay their respects. He has a great energy about him and you can help but feel the love he has for his city and country.

Overall, Medhi planned a great trip for us and we enjoyed getting to know him and his lovely friends. Everyone we met in Morocco was extremely welcoming and lovely to us and that surprised me most about the country.

TRAVEL ADVICE FOR MOROCCO! The only thing unfortunate thing for my husband and I was that we ended up getting food poisoning on our last day in Morocco and were really sick in Barcelona for the 4 days we had there. We knew it was a risk going to Morocco from what we read about it traveling there, but we decided to go for it anyways. We're still glad we did. I would just recommend traveling with tissues/toilet paper and a lot of hand sanitizer. Also, be very wary of what you eat and where you eat. It may also be a good idea to get a prescription for antibiotics from your doctor prior to bring with you just in case.

Visited September 2013
Alamo, California
“wonderful experience with tours over Morocco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family - my husband, son and I reserved a 10 days private tour with TOURSOVERMOROCCO.COM. We spent couple weeks corresponding because we had 10 days and tried to cover a lot of grounds - starting in Fez, driving through desert, stopping in Meknes, Medina, Marrakech and flying back from Casablanca. Mehdi, who worked with me on stops and schedules was incredibly accommodating, trying to include every sight we were interested in and making it exciting and relaxing vacation. Our driver and guide on the road Ahmed was a virtuoso who got through the gorges and deserts and crazy city traffic with easiness and was on time and available at any time of the day and made sure we had the best service in every place, museum, restaurant and made last changes to itineraries based on his experience with us. I definitely would recommend this company for your visit in Morocco.

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a trip from Fes to the desert and back. I can't say enough good things about the trip! I should begin by saying that the communication before my trip was excellent. I booked the trip at the last minute and they were happy to accommodate my schedule--even picking me up from my hotel in Meknes (about an hour from Fes). Medhi, my tour guide was excellent. His English is perfect and he is very knowledgable about all things Morocco from geography to culture to history. The drive from Fes to Merzouga was lovely...we passed though mountains, Gorges, plateaus, forests, and various other exquisite landscapes. Medhi was happy to stop a number of times for photos. When we stopped for lunch Medhi was happy to take me to a roadside grill. I wanted to try the local food rather than eat a a restaurant geared toward tourists and he was happy to oblige. The cook at the restaurant was serving up goat heads! Definitely not for tourists! We eventually arrived at the beautiful hotel overlooking the dunes. I jumped in the pool and relaxed until dinner. The staff at Auberge de Sud is excellent as well...they also happen to be great musicians. The trip across the beautiful orange dunes by camel the following evening was truly awe-inspiring. The desert is gorgeous and so cool and calm in the evening. The ride back into the sunrise the following morning after camping beneath the stars was equally magnificent. The cherry on top was that when I arrived back in Fes Ramadan had just begun. Medhi invited me to break-fast with his friends. It was a lovely evening and an experience I will never forget. I'll definitely be back to Morocco and I'll be a repeat customer with tours over morocco for sure!

Visited July 2013