“Nightmare/ Disapointment”
Review of Riad Eleganza Fes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fes
Riad Eleganza Fes
Ranked #126 of 221 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed at the Riad due to an advice from my tourist guide. It seemed quite good at the beginning if it wasn't for the strong smell of humidity in the bedroom and the near disaster that happened on our second and last night there. As mentioned by my sister in law on a review she wrote on the same day we left the Riad, heavy and large pieces of plaster fell over my small children's bed at 3am in the morning. The noise was so strong that my husband and I jumped off the bed towards our little ones that were sleeping on 'an improvised' bed on the floor (as the Riad did not have additional bed or baby cot). I am 5 months pregnant and my little boys are 2 and 4 years old. Luckly, i decided to over protect my kids by keeping them in the middle of the improvised bed to avoid touching the humid walls. Fortunately, only some of the large pieces reached near my boys. My oldest son's arm got bruised and a small piece hit his mouth cutting his lips. We were all very scared and the kids just couldn't stop crying for over an hour and kept saying that more 'ceiling' would be falling on them. It took us some time to calm down and make them sleep again, this time with the lights on. Definitely we decided not to enter in the same room again. We moved the furniture to the middle of the room so we could wait till my husband found a solution for us. At 4:15 am we were transfered to another room on the ground floor just to finish the night and get out of there. I dont know the name for the room we stayed (it was at the terrace, near the stairs to the lower floors), but taking by the invoice, we occupied the rooms JAMAI, ANDALOUSE and HENNA. The image of a near tragedy when I see pictures of the heavy plaster over my kids bed still cannot leave my mind. I must say that the next day was one of the best of my life as I could happily kiss and embrace my 'babies' again. I am disapointed that even going through that experience, the Riad is not taking it seriously. Not only by charging us for the night, which at the end we did not pay, but also by giving this irresponsable answer to my sister in law. I regret to say that these people are not to be trusted. Unfortunately, even looking good and being in an excellent location, by taking this Riad as an option u might be puting your life at risk. I am attaching pictures of that terrible night. If anyone has any question, please do not hesitate on contacting us.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank diasleite

Reviewed 25 March 2013

the road is well located and the manager off this place is doing his job very very well
every thing was super the view from the top very nice further i have to say that the the rest off staff where very helpful cleaning and food simply perfect

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank diggercrown
Reviewed 13 March 2013

It is a heaven of peace with a wonderful patio.

The courtyard, where breakfast is served, is simply awesome, a place of relax that you will never want to leave!

We have dinner at riad : really good and generous dinner.

Our room was very nice and clean.

Staff and Abdenor in particular were very friendly, they helped us a lot to orientate in Medina and to satisfy our needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank biljana j
Reviewed 11 March 2013

One of our favorites Riads in Marocco. The riad was very well located, so easy to get to with luggage. The staff was extremly nice and helpfull . The room was very clean and confortable. Peacefull courtyard. Delicious breakfast and dinner. Overall it was a lovely experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnchor
Reviewed 9 March 2013

A wonderful place for us to stay while we visited Fes. The staff was quite friendly and accomodating, and our room was clean and comfortable. We had a room on the top floor, and the floor was a little cold in February, but the heat worked just fine. Location was great, close to the entrance of the medina. Also, we did have dinner at the riad one night, and it was excellent. If we ever come back to Fes, we'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This riad is a gem, a beautifully restored and unique accommodation. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast is good and the prepared meals are very good. The location is at the edge of the medina,with taxi and bus access and easy to find. Transportation can be arranged through the manager, who speaks good English, to arrange a car and driver to go anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Johnetruth
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I have been to Riad Eleganza 4 nights from 11th to 15th of October.
This is a very new hotel with about 6 rooms. It is decorated very nice and very tastefully.
Its location is very good just near the entrance to the Medina (the old city and the interesting part of Fez). It is quiet, the rooms are very clean and the workers are very kind and helpful.

The guy, who is responsible for everything at the hotel, Abdenour, speaks Spanish French and very good English. He tried to do his best for us so we will have a good time, this included taking us with his private car to an area in the city, which we didn't know how to get to, without charging any money.

The breakfast was very good compared to other hotels in Morocco, we have been to.
It is really nice to get to the quiet atmosphere of this place after walking in the alleys of the city of Fez.

Price was very fair, we paid about 50 Euro per night, which we found a very good value to what we got.

Recommend this nice place for everybody goes to Fez.

Suzanne and Ran Behar