“Very aesthetic, clean, good place to stay w/ a great location, phenomenal customer service”
Review of Algila Fes

Algila Fes
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Most comfortable bed I've slept in in a long time. The customer service was excellent. Sukane went out of her way to help me out & I really appreciated it. I wanted to get my nails done and she arranged for someone to take me to the place, wait with me, and take me back to the hotel.

The property is beautiful. Make sure to spend time in the back courtyard. I really loved this element of the Ryad. The room was also very nice. My one complaint about the room was that it was VERY cold, even with the heater on.
At the end of the trip, we were not able to pay with a credit card and this was a huge problem. We felt that we should have been told in advance (it wouldn't have been an inconvenience). We assume when we travel that we can pay with a cc. It was an honest accident and I think that most of the time the place does take credit cards.

All in all, I would say this is a lovely place to stay. The customer service is great and the property is beautiful. The bed was to-die-for. Ideal location. I think the price is a slightly high, but if you don't have a budget, stay here. You can definitely make a reservation here and know you are staying in a clean, elegant place with a good location, etc.

Room Tip: The Alia room was beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 22 January 2014

What a place ! The Fés medina magical atmosphere just a few yards away and you plunge in this very accurately restored riad. The staff has been very helpful , discrete and efficient. They also organised the transfer from Marrakech to Fès with a private bus and the visit to the beautiful Meknes with an excellent local guide. Airport transfer was very smooth and on time. The stuffed chicken we had for dinner was more than excellent. Very quite with all modern equipment available. The hotel was packed but we cannot feel the presence of the other guests.

Room Tip: We had booked 7 rooms and they are very similar
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

we spent 3 nights at the algila fes last week and must highly recommend the place and the staff. we were made to feel at home immediately with mint tea and moroccan biscuits while we waited to check in. nothing was hurried and the receptionist (?) Chissam (?) took the time to show us the riad as well as share a little of it's history. our room was beautifully decorated (if a tad too dimly lit), bed was plush and comfortable, bathroom spacious. The service and attitude of the staff was top notch - breakfast when you want it (including at 630am on one of the days) and how you like it (we asked for eggs and extra fruits).

only minuses were i) safe that was spoilt (and was removable, huh?) ii) lack of terrace

bear in mind that we stayed in a suite (120 EUR a night), so our view may be skewed. That said we will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: tip the staff well. they deserve it!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed it. It's a pretty place to stay, but I think it's the staff that makes this place great! From the moment we stepped in we felt very welcome. They also arranged airport transfers for us and two dinners at Algila Fes. The meals tasted like they came out of a delicious home kitchen. Nothing fancy, just really really good. Definitely recommend a meal here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ricae
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

slightly to the edge of the Medina but certainly central enough to reach everytwhere on foot. Quiet location on a passageway linked to the main areas but quiet and certainly comfortable and tastefully renovated.

Room Tip: based on 3 houses the rooms are sort of paired so if family easy to have 2 adjacent rooms. the roof...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dpart-45
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Of all the riads we stayed in during our 2 week trip, Algila Fes was by far the most elegant and most comfortable. The beds are wonderful and comfortable (not the hard as rocks beds we had while traveling between Marrakech and Fes). The rooms have features we didn't find in other riads, such as TV, bathrobes, slippers etc.

The staff is pleasant and helpful. I was very sick our first day here and I spent the entire day in bed. The staff respectfully left me alone and the chef made the most delicious vegetable soup for me. It was really tremendous. We didn't eat dinner here, but having tasted that homemade soup, I would recommend dinner here if it's available.

I booked two rooms and we were across from each other in what felt like our own private courtyard. My only complaint is that the room we had was significantly smaller than the other room. Since I booked two rooms together for 4 adults, I guess I expected we would all have the same experience. Their room was big and spacious and even had a double bed upstairs in a loft area of the room. Our room was cramped and getting out of the bed I had to shuffle up against the floor length curtains to gain access to the bathroom. Had I not seen the other room, I would have been very happy here. But having seen the other room, I was disappointed.

But that doesn't stop me from giving this a 5 star review. It's nicely situated in the heart of the medina and there are plenty of food options nearby for dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

From the moment we arrived at Aligila welcomed by our Moroccan mint tea and pastries we were made to feel at home. The Riad has been tastefully renovated but still has an intimate and traditional feel. Nothing was too difficult for Aissa the manager and Btissam. Aissa lives on site and is always wiling to help with any questions related to your stay. The rooms are quiet, bathrooms well appointed and the beds are unbelievably comfortable. Breakfast is served in a quiet enclosed courtyard and comprises of a great selection of local fresh bread, fresh orange juice, olives, preserves and an omelette on request. Thanks for making our six night stay in Fez all the more memorable, our peaceful retreat from the chaos of the medina!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business