“Wonderful trip”

Morocco Countryside Tours
Ranked #2 of 133 Outdoor Activities in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Morocco Country Side Tours is a company formed by highly trained guides with an experienced professional staff, that organizes trips throughout Morocco. Our expert native guides have a deep knowledge of all the areas and will help you discover the authentic customs and culture of our country.Morocco Country Side Tours offers you the opportunity to do many activities during your trip to Morocco. Some of the activities that can be customized for you are: visiting local Berber families, having a cup of tea with nomads in their cave dwellings, enjoying a Berber wedding, visiting local cooperatives, camel rides, sleeping in Berber tents in the Sahara Desert, Berber homestays with local families, trekking, sand boarding, henna paintings and much more...Our professional staff will be available 24 hours 7 days a week to provide you with all the details to help you organize a wonderful trip.
Czerwionka-Leszczyny, Poland
“Wonderful trip”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me and my sister i have traveled quite a lot and generally do not take tours, we just do everything on our own. We decided to make an exception this time after my brother and his wife used “ Morocco Countryside Tours” on their trip to Morocco and simply raved about what a great experience they had. We booked our tour with them and have never regretted it. Our guide spoke English and several other languages perfectly, was extremely knowledgeable about the history and culture of the country and was eager to pass on interesting information and answer any questions we had. I have no doubt that we saw and did things that we never would have discovered on our own. We were totally immersed in Moroccan culture in a way that would not have been possible on our own. As to the basics of “Morocco Countryside Tours”, the car we traveled in was new, clean, comfortable and in perfect condition. We happened to meet several of the other guides from the same company when we crossed paths at a riad where several other groups were staying and they all seemed to be personable and quite good in their language skills. All in all, I found this to be a very professionally run and pleasant outfit and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had an amazing time on our trip with Morocco Countryside Tours.

We booked our trip from Marrakesh to Merzouga via the High Atlas and Todra Gorge after reading the great reviews here and it was the best decision of our holiday. Said is a wonderful guide and unlike other companies we inquired with they really will tailor the trip to exactly what you want, all for a very reasonable price for a private tour!

We were picked up from our riad in Marrakesh and spent the first day driving over the Atlas mountains, stopping at the Ait Benhaddou Kasbah near Ouarzazate for lunch before traveling on to Todra. The second day we visited the gorge before driving on to Merzouga, meeting our camel guide and trekking into the desert to our first camp. The next day we got up before the sunrise and climbed the tallest dune, around 200m, to watch the sunrise. We then went with the camels to visit a Nomad family and have some lunch before trekking to the second camp. The final day was spent traveling back to Merzouga from the camp and back via the Atlas mountains to Marrakesh by car which was a 10 hour trip.

Said made great suggestions for where we should stop for the best views and other things that we might like to see but there is no fixed itinerary on these trips and you are free to say if you would like to stop or not. The car was super comfy and Said was very knowledgeable about all of the things we saw, was very friendly and happy to answer any questions we had.

It was an excellent way to make the most of our time in Morocco and we really couldn't have asked for a better guide!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Victoria L
Covington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect tour of Morocco”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

These guys are the best! We were a little hesitant arranging everything over email from the US, but decided that a tour would be the way to go if we wanted to make it to the desert. When we arrived in Marrakech, Said was there as promised. We spent two weeks touring Morocco and the 4 days, 3 nights that we spent with Morocco Countryside Tours was definitely the highlight of our trip. The accommodations were wonderful - great food, great people. Their tours are professional, affordable, comfortable, and well organized. Highly recommended if you want to make the most of your stay in Morocco. I hope that we'll be back soon!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Kirsten S
Flemington, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great and affordable way to see Morocco!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent 4 days and 3 nights with Morocco Countryside Tours. We made all of the arrangements with Said via email (and a deposit via Western Union); Mohamed (guide) and Zaid (driver) handled the tour. They were great and we really enjoyed it. We did many of the typical things (camel ride and night in a Berber camp from Merzouga), Todra Gorges, and Ait BenHaddou but then also spent quite a bit of time in the countryside... offroading through the desert and dry riverbeds to little villages in desert, picnicing under acacia trees in the middle of nowhere, etc. This gave us a chance to see the 'real Morocco' and meet and have tea and eat with more aunts, uncles, brothers, neices, nephews and cousins of our guides than we could count.

The stays in the guesthouse in the countryside and the Panorama Todra guest house (you won't find a better view anywhere at any price) were great. Each had welcoming hosts and very good food.

Their prices were very reasonable (700 euro for two people... including most everything except for two lunches, a few bottles of water and souveniers).

Visited October 2013
1 Thank AStein
new jersey
“An Unforgettable Experience...”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Having been to Morocco before, I wanted a deeper understanding of the wonderful culture of the Berber People.

After a lot of research, I found Morocco Countryside Tours and was excited to explore the desert with their native guides. I was lucky to meet Said, one of their guides, who was born in the desert and could take me to hidden places not offered by other companies.
My first stop was at N'Kob, a small Berber village between Marrakech and the Erg Chebbi Dunes. It was a magical place, not visited by many tour companies.

Then we were off to the great Erg Chebbi Dunes! I never felt that I was on a schedule, everything was easy and natural. I had been to Merzouga on my previous visit, but with Said's guidance, I looked at the desert with new eyes. Before sunset, the camels were prepared for my journey. The feeling as you move slowly and naturally deep into the dunes is an experience that can not be described...it needs to be lived. After a freshly prepared dinner and listening to the amazing drum playing of the Berber guys at the camp, I climbed to the top of one of the dunes. That moment spent staring at the stars, feeling the sand all around me, is a moment that will live inside me always.

A profound memory for me was the visit to several Nomads along the journey. In a remote part of the desert, I met a beautiful nomadic woman. She was living by herself in a remote part of the desert and invited us for tea in her tent. She carried herself with such strength and courage that her face is imprinted in my mind...I don't take pictures out of respect for these dignified people.

In the mountains, I visited a Nomadic cave family with many goats roaming around. While I sat visiting them, a baby goat sat on my lap for a long time and I could feel it's warm little body and the beat of his heart...so cute!

These are the amazing and authentic experiences you will have with Morocco Countryside Tours.

Visited September 2012