“Just ok”
Review of Wassim Hotel

Wassim Hotel
Ranked #95 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We travelled with a group of 10 and our rooms were ok...there were a few small bugs but the hotel had a discothèque in the lower level booming music until 4a and it kept some of our group who faced the street awake.

The rooms were adequate, if you showered in the afternoon it seemed like the hot water was turned off. We only ate breakfast there and it was ok...nothing special. A light continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street if the disco is open.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Wassim Hotel

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Hi every Body
We stayed 4 nights,Check in was easy ,Located right at the city center, Wassim hotel was a great & not far from the medina. It has restaurants and cafes- Sawna just a few meters.Good location and decent view from room ,the room was very comfortable &clean, Bathroom was clean & the water was hot enough. My bed was good and large! I loved it! I did not hear any noise from the bar or elsewhere maybe becouse i'm in 7th floor .good Staff in reception There are very helpful, breakfast nice, WiFi was available for 50 dirhams and only in the lobby. Train &Taxi the price was relatively cheap, really very nice ,be there in Tanga at 29/12/2012 till 02/01/2013 in Atlas Almohades Hotel , See you soon
Salah

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel is not worth 4*. I got up in the middle of night with bugs (looked like small cockroaches) moving around my head board. I informed the receptionist and he said he will get it sprayed. Next night fewer bugs but still there. It was impossible to get any reaction from the manager (I think his name was Kamal). I had requested extension cord for use of my C-PAP but the manager said that since I did not request that during my reservation he will not provide it. He told me to go to shops nearby; and there I bought extension with my money, after some struggle in explaining what I was looking. I found other hotels in Marrakesh very happy to provided extension cord if there was no plug near the bed. What a rude manager and lousy 4* hotel. There was a group of school kids making noise outside but you could hear very clearly through thin walls.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We got to hotel wassim late at night, most of the lights in the reception area were switched off. The hotel looked huge but somehow felt like we were the only ones there apart from the pleasant man at reception. The rooms are comfortable, but we could hear music pumping and the lifts all night which was a bit freaky considering we didn't see anyone else. The water in the shower was luke warm, After complaining abt it and checking out, they were helpful and refunded us for the nights we didn't stay

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel is very well located in the city and not far from the medina. It has restaurants and cafes just a few meters. I've not experienced the hotel's dining.
The room was clean and the water was hot enough. Our double bed was good and large! I loved it!
I did not hear any noise from the bar or elsewhere.
One of the receptionists was very helpful in giving us information about the city and answer our questions.
You can book an official guide for about 100/150 Mdh with the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Anitaacr
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Not a European 4 Star hotel. but it was clean, secure and only a 15d taxi ride to the centre. I was on the 7th floor so I had no problem with the disco. our fellow travellers were on the 4th but again had no problem with noise.
The breakfast was adequate, and the evening meals were good and average for Morrroco depending on the day, nothing special but adequate. Biggest problem was that there wasn't enough hot water for showers. There were 46 of us and we used up all the hot water by shower number 20 !!!, The management took our complaints and looked like they were dealing with it but the temperature was poor throughout the stay, had we not been stuck in tents in the Sahara the previous few days maybe we would have moaned more !!!!.
Not a 4 star by facilities, but I would stay there again if in Fez

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TheGull
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Stayed at hotel for three days in March 2011. The hotel is located in the New Town so is cab ride / thirty minute walk away from the Medina. Plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and other (non-Riad) hotels close by. Hotel was kept very clean, but the general decor is dated and somewhat depressing. My bed was clearly quite old and there were no English speaking channels on the TV. Breakfast was limited but fine. Staff were pleasant. Generally needs a refit - not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel but this a similar theme across Morocco. That said, the price was relatively cheap.

Generally this would be an average 'get what you pay for' hotel. The inexcusable part of the experience for me was, as mentioned in previous reviews, the nightclub in the hotel's basement. Every night while there (even on a Sunday and Monday) this could clearly be heard from 12-4am, even as high as the 5th floor.... When complained to the staff seemed to have heard this many times, but made no noticeable effort to do anything about it - even though the nightclub was practically empty.

Due to this central issue, I could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends