“You are in Fez when you are in Riad Numero 9”
Review of Riad Numero 9

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fes
Riad Numero 9
Ranked #40 of 210 Fes B&B and Inns
Capitola, California
“You are in Fez when you are in Riad Numero 9”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Stephen and Bruno, Atika and Kitoum, are not staff, they are the friends you will be visiting with when you are at Riad Numero 9. Stephen has decorated the riad in a classy peacefulness and chatted with me about his travels and mine - over a glass of wine. Bruno prepared salads at the right time of day or a full meals complete with fabulous desserts for me. Atika will took care of my arrival, departure, shopping and friendly companionship. Kitoum invisibly made my bed, replace towels and put my shoes in place while I was exploring the medina - just outside the door. Oh, and when everyone is away for the evening, Tache, the resident cat hung around with me. Pleasant music was always playing in the background, cooking aromas emanated from the kitchen at the right time and my eye was entertained by the pleasing decor. After a day of bargaining in the souks this is the place I relaxed and ended my day. I spent five days sleeping in a comfortable bed in a dark, quiet room; showering in a large bathroom with plenty of hot water; and having quiet privacy in my cozy room or on the terrace. You are in Fez when you are in Riad Numero 9.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kenosha, WI
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Dear Stephen and Bruno, Atika and Kitoum,
Thank you. Thank you for being genuine and kind. Thank you for being helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you for being willing to go the extra mile to make a new experience a delightful and memorable one. Thank you for feeding us wonderful food, picking us up at the train station, taking us to the hammam, teaching us to cook Moroccan chicken, taking us to the market, engaging us in fabulous discussion over wine, and providing an environment where we felt at ease. My only wish is that we could have stayed longer... oh, and that we return soon :)
Thank you.
Zoe and Brooke

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We traveled to Fez over the Christmas holiday. The staff at Riad #9 was very friendly and professional. We had a 6 hour drive from Marrakesh . I had requested that dinner be prepared for us upon our arrival The food was excellent and plentiful.. The Christmas dinner was amazing . We had requested a tour to Meknes and Volubilis . The trip was well organized, however our guide only spoke French and Arabic, which we speak English,Spanish and some Portuguese, we managed just fine . Fez is an interesting city, which we really enjoyed, a bit hard to navigate, but the Atika was helpful with pointing out where to go.. My daughter really enjoyed the house cat Tach. I would recommend this Riad

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TheNetherlandsMary
New York
Reviewed 19 December 2009

We picked Riad no 9 due to the adoring reviews. All understated as we came to know. We were bowled over by the exotic beauty when we walked in the door. We walked up the stairs and luxuriated over the view , then the real fun started. Stephen and Bruno offered up everything that 5 star hospitality has to offer, from incredible food and fun to luxurious accomodations. We had the whole 3rd floor, very decadent. We went to dinner at Riad Fez that we were advised was beautiful and overpriced, and indeed having looked at several Riads, we could not have picked a better one. We are ready to book in for next year, and bring more friends with us.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
NYC
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Fez was the first stop on our whirlwind honeymoon of Morocco and set the standard extremely high. From the moment we stepped off the train, Atika was there to great us with a sign and a smile. We were immediately put at ease and felt like we were in good hands. She negotiated with the taxi cab to take us to our medina. She rode with us and greeted the porter at the outside of the medina. They led us down the windy paths to the outside of the Riad. Let me tell you, it's a hidden gem this Riad No. 9. From the outside it looks like nothing, but upon entering your breath will be taken away and you will feel a sense of peace amidst the bustling medina. Stephen and Bruno greeted us with a glass of wine and made us feel right at home. The Riad is impeccably decorated. Every square inch is utterly amazing. The Riad is decorated with authentic Moroccan touches however it also has a nice mix of the eclectic and unusual. Bruno made us an amazing meal which we enjoyed in our enormous room (the master suite). The entire 3 days were magical at the Riad primarily because Bruno, Atika and Stephen take care of you every second whether it's gourmet food, wine or advice you need. The terrace is spectacular as well with the views and the comfortable couches. If you go to Fez, this is where you must stay!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Our only regret was that we had only two nights. Riad 9 is one of the most beautiful and interesting places we have ever stayed. Stephen and his staff were gracious and welcoming, and the food was amazing ... rivaling our best meals in the best restaurants in Morocco. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I had read about Riad #9, rated no. 1 by trip advisor travelers.. I wondered why this particular place would have such a rating, and decided that I wanted to be sure to stay there if possible. Meeting the owner,Stephen di Renza, his staff, and living there for four days gave me all the information I needed. Their personal and individual attention, the priority they give to details and assisting with your plans that make your stay enjoyable and less stressful...and having stayed at other riads in other cities...They are #1....in my book.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business