“Nice hotel helpfull manager”
Review of Hotel Volubilis

Hotel Volubilis
Ranked #93 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

What else I can look for more.
Our room was close to restaurant and they let us eat our dinner around swimming pool. Long walking distances to the hotel rooms and door handle was broken still managers positive approach and problem solving attitude ended up satisfying us. On Triple room 3rd bed is not comfortable. There are too many Mosquitos in the rooms. Watch out

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank FEHAMET V

Reviewed 3 June 2014

it happened ,and my destiny drop me in fez for couple nights .i decided to stay in this hotel volubilis hotels in beautiful city center fez. the shower head is broken ,the tv without remote and it making a weird sound , its an old tv which is a shame to have in such hotel in such city .
let move to the towels ,those are mops its too old and not soft at all you can tell from the first hand touch .as well as the blankets and bed covers . people of Morocco this is 21 st century and tourism went way so far in quality and customer service believe me this hotel does not worth one star , i hope the responsible about this company weak-up and take this hotel to the next level.i will come back just to make sure if you changed those disaster equipments and that horrible service ,and this time i will take pictures to show the tourist your crappy place .
hope you change to the better and show Morocco`s best face in reality not only in advertising

Room Tip: a good room is an clean equipped room where you can relax
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph Y
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've just returned from Fes and stayed here for 4 nights. First positives: The hotel is in avery good location; jet near the Fes congress salon ( was very helpful because I was there for a coference), also adjacent to government handicraft centre( very reasonable prices and high quality goods) . The rooms are basic , but clean. They have a nice courtyard to relax.
Negatives: There was no hair dryer in the room; when I asked for it the lady at the reception just told there are in some rooms, and some rooms don't have it! I had to raise my voice and then they provide me a hair dryer. The first night we were there very late, and the dinner was still served. At 21.30 the waiter came near to us and wanted us to leave saying it's too late! Their breakfast and meals are of poor quality.
Will I stay again? No!

Room Tip: my room was facing the pool , it was hard to sleep at night because of the noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My laptop was STOLEN from my room the second day I was there. I was on a business trip, I lost all the presentations and files I had on my file. The management was uncooperative, unhelpful, and mean. They were accusatory and blamed it on me. I was asked to file a police report, in the police station I was told that I was not the first one who filed theft from Volubilis hotel in Fez. At checking time, they made me pay for a very unpleasant stay full price, even though they stole my laptop.
The floor also was dirty, there were stains on the floor for 2 days.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay at Volubilis hotel even if they offer you a free stay, because you risk loosing...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lilia B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here two days as part of a tour. We had no problems at all but this was our first experience in Morocco.

First, the good. There is wifi, it doesn't always connect. The pool is great, and if you can get their attention, you can get service at the pool. There is security constantly roaming the grounds and the entire hotel is quite spacious, including the rooms. There is also a tennis or volleyball court on the property, although I can't imagine how often its been used. We didn't have a problem with our room except what is written in the cons. The buffets are spectacular, the kitchen really puts on a show. Food is arranged beautifully, and there's more than enough. Even the breakfast was beautiful. A highlight of the hotel was the msemen, moroccan pancakes that are freshly cooked in the dining room.

Drawbacks? Well, non-smoking doesn't really exist in Morocco at all. If you're sensitive, you'll find yourself walking away from a lot of people. Language... if you don't speak french or arabic, you'll definitely struggle. Safety? Well, most of the patio doors don't work well, and ours was jimmied so it was impossible to lock it. Still, there is 24 hour security on the property and it's gated, so for us, it was never a problem. Location, while it's on a main street, it's not very close to the touristy spots and it's probably going to be difficult for you anyway if you can't bring your guide with you. Still, the entire town is not that big and it's probably only a 30 minute walk to the medina.

Overall, it was an acceptable hotel, but I'm glad we left without any issues.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the lobby will have better wifi, and the rooms on the ground floor are best for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canuckshutterbug
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The staff at this hotel didn't welcome us in the friendly way that is common in Morocco. The room was large in size, but failed to meet any other expectations I had for a 4 star hotel. There was neither a safe nor a fridge / minibar in the room, the amenities in the bathroom were pitiable, the shower gel came in subminiature portions. In the bathroom there was even mould on the tiles (due to lack of ventilation)! The rooms were serviced in a strange way: E.g. used towels were removed but no new ones provided, shower gel was not replenished etc.
Our room and the entire hotel appear due for a refurbishment.
Breakfast: In a 4 star hotel I expect friendly waiters (we had snotty ones), espresso coffee (not available although ubiquitary in Morocco), and a more attractive choice from the buffet.
Next time in town I would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank global_freq_traveler
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Poolside service of olives and bread along with a local bottle of white wine was a pleasant surprise. Our Trafalgar tour provided a buffet dinner at the hotel restaurant since not much is within walking distance of this courtyard hotel with rooms facing the pool. Rooms are simple but comfortable with a/c, polished floors and a tiled bathroom. Our room was on the ground floor with palm trees and flowering shrubs screening our patio from the pool. A light breakfast of breads, hard boiled eggs, local tea, mint tea, and orange juice, cheeses and ham. A woman fried up flour tortilla-like flat bread on a hot skillet in olive oil, which tasted great with the fig jam, dates and honey. There is a smoky locals bar in front of the lobby and a small gift shop that sells stamps. Sandwiches and salads, along with beer and wine are available on the restaurant and terrace facing the pool for lunch.

Room Tip: Main level has private patios thanks to the lovely landscaping.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends