“Not too bad if you pay low season price...”
Review of Hotel Mounia

Hotel Mounia
Ranked #69 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Montreal, Canada
“Not too bad if you pay low season price...”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The hotel was pretty okay... not especially fancy but it was clean and you get a couple channels on your tv... Don't pay for breakfast... it's DISGUSTING... Do go to Marrarech restaurant, one block away for delicious food. Pretty quiet area by the way.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Louis-Andre B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Hotel is located in Ville Nouvelle, not really within walking distance from the medina, as opposed to what the LP said. We usually paid 20 dirhams for 2p for a petit taxi (meter price plus tip) to the medina. During our stay we saw many tour groups and busses at the hotel, but that didn't bother us. Room was cleaned every day and fresh towels are supplied. Breakfast include tea, coffee and fresh eggs and pancakes. For dinner I would recommend using the LP for tips; we certainly did and we found it to be very useful and accurate. We went to an cybercafe nearby to check emails, much cheaper than using it at the hotel.
For a hammam experience, we went to Nausika Spa in the ville nouvelle, which we found to be very good. Although it has a modern interior, the treatments on offer were authentic and good value for money (180 dirhams for a scrub, a body wrap, towels, bathrobe and slippers plus unlimited use of sauna facilities). I saw only moroccan women there during my treatment, which I took to be a good sign.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pocketdiver97
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2011

A few steps away from the main drag, the rooms are immaculate if a bit small. In may we got a triple room for 462 Dh, which turned out to be the most comfortable room we have had on this trip. Ok breakfast, great towels, but no free wifi. A dodgy area at night compared to the rest of morocco as there are a lot of bars around.

• Stayed May 2011
NZ
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Not a lot has changed. The same mildly unfriendly/aloof female staff are still on reception, however the wait staff and house keeping are friendly. The standard of cleanliness is excellent.
One cleaner was particularly diligent as I was unwell on arrival and she got me a small bucket in case I was sick again. She quietly popped into my room every hour or so and went beyond the call of duty ensuring I was okay and did not require extra assistance (she even emptied and cleaned the little bucket!).
Wifi works well in the lounge area and discovered by accident that it also works from some of the bedrooms. They do charge however it is not expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I have been to this hotel a couple of times, once in 2009 and again in January 2011. I loved it the first time around but its even better now. The rooms are a good size and they are very clean and comfortable! The staff go out of their way to help you and always made me feel welcome. The hotel is well located and there is lots to do around and nearby. I would come back again anytime.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
The Hague
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband, my daughter and I stayed for one night at the Hotel Mounia. They have one elevator for 5 floors, so be patient. The room was clean, but some things were broken (door handle, tiles). There was an air conditioning, but it was too noisy to leave it one during the night. The staff is friendly. The bar was a little too smoky. The breakfast wasn't great, there wasn't much choice. The coffee was disgusting, so we asked for expresso. They charge extra for this, but it's worth it. Good coffee and a nice smile. The guide they recommend is not to be trusted. Use an official guide if you visit Fes. It's a cheap hotel, so don't expect too much. The entrance is nice, but the rest is quit simple.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 29 March 2010

These guys stole my $2,500 computer. I had it in my room, I went out for the day, door was locked- when i returned the maid had cleaned, and my computer was gone.

The staff shrugged, essentially accused me of making it up, and did absolutely nothing. The police were just as unhelpful, but what do you expect in Morocco. Since it was certainly an inside job, I would say that this is one of the worst places you can stay in Fez.

Avoid the nightmare, book elsewhere. Can't say you weren't warned.

Jonny

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jonny096

Travellers are raving about these Fes hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fes
Hotel Splendid
#56 of 99 in Fes
Zahrat al Jabal
Zahrat al Jabal
#85 of 99 in Fes

Been to Hotel Mounia? Share your experiences!