“What a place to celebrate New Year's Eve!”
Review of Riad Arabesque

Riad Arabesque
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We spent only one night at this Riad- NYE and it was incredible! First, there are many lovely riads for $50-75 that you can visit. But paying the extra $25-50 really makes a difference in the quality of your room. The intricate wood carvings everywhere, the hotel pool, the incredible price fixe NYE dinner with belly dancers, fire eaters, berber drum circles, and lots of wine. What a fun place! Also, the most comfortable bed I slept on in all of Morocco and we had a balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and get there early enough to see outside
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riad Arabesque

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This Riad was undoubtedly the highlight of our Jules Verne "Morocco Revisited" tour - worth the visit to Morocco in its own right. The entrance from the street made us wonder what was in store - but once inside the word "wonder" summed it up! Truly beautiful in almost every respect. Our room - by the pool - was really lovely, quiet and very comfortable. Our travelling companions were allocated a smaller room that they were not entirely happy with - the owners promptly showed them all of the other empty rooms (three) and allowed them to choose which one they wanted: result - happy guests!
The owners (husband, wife and son) were all very charming and friendly - and nothing was too much trouble for their guests. The staff were equally friendly and helpful. Together, they made our stay a memorable one - indeed, long after most memories of what we saw on tour have faded our memories of this Riad will live on. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed two nights at this Riad in the month of October. The Riad Arabesque was a dream from the moment we walked in, the hotel itself is gorgeous and full of little treasures. It looks like a real antique Moroccan palace. Our room the suite royal was beautiful! Huge room and the bathroom was in a second level with a gorgeous Moroccan tub. The breakfast was amazing and the service was even better. The hotel Director was the warmest, nicest host ever! We felt like we were with a very nice uncle welcoming us into his beautiful home :)

The breakfast in itself was an experience, the setting was gorgeous! A beautiful table next to a fountain overseeing the mountains and the streets of Fez. Lots of different breads all baked at the Riad, honey, marmelades, olives, prunes, olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice and the most delicious mint tea.

This Riad was a true jewel right at the entrance of the old medina which made access with luggage quite easy, besides the hotel provided free transportation from the airport.

If we ever go back to Fez we wouldn't think twice and would definitely stay at the beautiful Riad Arabesque again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I visited Riad Arabesque with a travel group that had rented all the rooms for three nights. On our arrival we all had a great time comparing rooms with one another. Each room is unique and spacious. Breakfast on the porch overlooking the city was excellent. Dinner was true Moroccan and it's quality can be attested to by the fact that locals were dining there as well. The owners and staff were all very friendly and helpful as well. The rooms are all named and don't have numbers. I could not remember the name of my room but it was at least in sight of the bar when I wanted to charge to my room so I could point to it. The only concern is that the stairs to the upper rooms are a bit steep.

Room Tip: Steep stairs to upper level, try for ground floor if that's a problem. Every room is different...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhay
Reviewed 19 May 2013

As a frequent traveler I have stayed in many places from minus 5 star to 6 star, slept under the stars in The Sahara but Riad Arabesque was a complete surprise.

The exterior is typical of the Moroccan way, unobtrusive and hides the internal jewels so well inside.

The greeting at the door upon arrival is honest, and welcoming and of course an invitation to partake of mint tea is offered.

Appropriate "Buddha Bar" music permeated the riad and was so soothing even at night. A great touch.

Upon entering the central area the decor almost takes your breath away. Beautifully decorated in old world charm an absolute visual smorgasbord. I was then shown the balance of the ground floor area, The internal pool and fountain is the centrepiece of the courtyard, I sat there for hours each night access the WiFi.

My rook on the first floor was large, extremely large with a comfortable bed, appealing furniture and enough room to spread out for a small army of people.

To top it off, the menu was the best presented and flavoursome food I experienced during my two week extensive travel through Morocco. The presentation was second to none and the taste? I had just wished I had not eaten for days beforehand so I had room and could eat more of this wonderful food. To eat traditional Moroccan food in the environment was a match made in heaven.

Youssof, one of the support service of staff was first class and was demonstrated so well on the last day of my brief stay when I had to leave at 4am for a 6am flight. It was raining most of the night, yet I had one of my bags carried, in the rain, several hundred meters to the already organised and waiting taxi at the medina gate.

Would I recommend Riad Arabesque? Absolutely, I just need to find another excuse to stay in Fez so I can partake of this once in a lifetime experience again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BigBadBorry
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I rented the entire arid for three nights. We were 26 in the group and we had 15 rooms. There was only 1 room that was not as great as the others. All in all, my group had a wonderful stay. The tag could not have been more gracious. The food we have at dinner was stellar. The breakfast was good, day two it was better. One thing that you have to remember, it is Morocco. If you want 5 star By US standards, you might not like it.

I feel hat it is 5 stars for what it is. I is much more enjoyable to. stay in a place that is authentic. The owners of the place treated us all like Royalty. You won,t find that down the road at Palais Jamai. Matter of fact. our dinner at Palais Jamai was, just okay, but not vey personable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I can't remember the name of our rooms, but we we were 2 friends travelling together and each had a junior suite. We loved our 3 night stay earlier in April. It was quiet and our rooms were lovely. The staff were terrific and we liked the location. We did not try the fitness centre or spa (if there was any)

Room Tip: I can't really provide a tip to help travellers secure a good room, but my guess is that all of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends