Riad Dar Cordoba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquaint riadcarved plasterhot mint teadressing roombeds were very comfortabletriple roomoverlooking the courtyardbeautiful placeplace to staybeautiful buildingsitting areaexcellent breakfastday tourfeel at homestayed here for nightsyogurtdar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My family and I (including 3 children ages 13, 10 and 1) have just spent a fabulous week at the Riad Dar Cordoba. This is a stunningly beautiful riad with a lovely roof top terrace on which to enjoy the late afternoon sun. The owners and staff were extreemely friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. My children were made to feel particularly at home. The breakfasts were delicious and afternoon mint tea and Moroccan cookies a treat. The staff were very helpful in organizing trips. Our stay at this riad was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Anon80
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast every morning was delicious and fresh. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and returning to our room every afternoon or evening was welcomed with mint tea and warm greetings. This made for a wonderful experience in Fes!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We stayed at Dar Cordoba for 3 nights, and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The riad is beautifully decorated and in a convenient location. The room was spacious and very clean, with comfortable beds and plenty of hot water for the shower. The breakfast is wonderful, and we were offered mint tea every every afternoon.
The service was excellent!! Moha and Mohammad were very helpful, making sure that we had everything we needed, including arrangements for a guided day tour of Fes and a taxi to the train station upon our departure. I highly recommend this riad!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank California16
Reviewed 30 April 2009

During our 4 days in Fes we stayed in Dar Cordoba and very much enjoyed it. The staff is warm, hospitable, efficient, and helpful. They went out of their way to welcome us and give us all information we needed. The room was a safe-haven of calm, quiet and cleanliness when we got back in the evenings. We very much recommend this riad.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank leobur
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Having already spent some time in Morocco a few years ago, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. On this second trip however, my husband and I decided to explore Fes. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor for Dar Cordoba and checking out the Dar's website I was excited at the prospect of staying here. Communication with the owner - who actually lives in Spain and not Morocco - was flawless and he was very prompt to reply to all of my e-mails and requests.
I too had arranged to have a taxi pick my husband and I up at the train station. I was told that a driver would be there with a sign for the Dar, however after searching the throngs of people for said sign, we determined that there was no driver to be found. This was not a huge deal as there were plenty of willing taxi drivers available, but it was inconvenient and really the first red flag of our stay.
After arriving at the Dar we were greeted by Mohamed, the manager. My husband and I speak no French and chose accommodations based on the level of English spoken by those who worked there. As I had only conversed with the owner via e-mail and was not informed that he would not be on the premises during our stay, I was unaware that we might be dealing with a language barrier as far as the manager was concerned. Not to say that Mohamed does not speak English, he does...but he does not well nor does he understand English all that well. Not only that, instead of allowing us to relax and enjoy ourselves upon our arrival, he questioned us to an uncomfortable degree about our plans and pushed for us to make decisions on the spot so that he could go and set everything up. This might not sound like a terrible thing but he was incredibly pushy and unrelenting. Within an hour of our arrival, after having ridden the train for 7 hours from Marrakech and with no lunch, we found ourselves on a guided walking tour of the medina. We have traveled enough to know better than to allow ourselves to be bullied by an establishment, and so that is our fault, but Mohamed was so unpleasant that it seemed like being out and about would be a better option.
After resting that evening we inquired about our dinner options with Mohamed who recommended a nearby restaurant. We agreed and within 5 minutes a waiter from the restaurant arrived to show us the way. This was an amazing gesture and I thought perhaps Mohamed was not such a bad guy...that thought did not last long. The restaurant was completely empty which is never a good sign. We were gushed over and then left alone while the wait staff stared at us from across the room. The prices at this establishment were insanely high and my husband and I agreed to simply split a meal. The waiter was not impressed with this and told us that there would not be enough food for two of us. We still insisted on splitting a meal at which point he brought us what I can only gather was a lunch menu or a low season menu with somewhat lower prices. We still split a meal. There were two other couples who were ushered in to the restaurant while we were there and both couples left without ordering.
As far as the Dar itself goes...it is a beautiful building with intricate stone and woodwork. Our room was absolutely huge with a separate private bath. I do understand that the Dar was built centuries ago and because of this some things can be overlooked. I was however disappointed with the 'dinginess' of our room. In the evening we turned on every available light and still found the room to be quite dark. Also, the stench of raw sewage that came from the bathroom was incredibly unpleasant. Whether this stench is just a part of the ancient plumbing in all of Fes, I cannot say, but it only added to our disheartening stay at the Dar Cordoba.
I would not stay here again, even if it were free of charge. I would not recommend anyone stay here. The good reviews that have been given for this Dar make me wonder if we just simply had a freak bad experience, but I am more likely to believe that most of the reviews are written by people who were too naive to recognize that Mohamed did not have their best interests at heart.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple